Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

• Yes
    • No

Guy I sit next to has a digital season ticket.

When he can't make a game he forwards it to me for my friends to use.

Digital doesn't stop it bring passed around friends.

I'm not advocating digital BTW, nim a card fan. Just pointing out it can be passed round friends. 

7 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I really don’t see the uproar, just use your phone!?

Unless you don’t use your phone / card payments, and use cash for everything (fair play to you - this is the bigger issue) I just don’t see it as a big deal

No I use a debit/credit card for everything else! I rarely take my phone to games as there is no signal in the stadium and I would rather be watching the match than constantly checking my phone, unlike others.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

The thing is it’s not about the money. They are using the £25 to try and get you to move away from the card. 

They just want to rid the customer of a card for some weird reason. 

Whether it’s a control thing so they know the movement of everyone I don’t know, but the £25 is just to make us make the move, not for revenue purposes 

Spot on.

It's the club being control freaks and wanting to track everyone ... and wanting to make sure you can't pass your card on to a fellow City-supporting mother/father/brother/sister/uncle/aunt/nephew/niece/grandparent/grandson/granddaughter/friend/neighbour/work colleague/etc ... without them knowing about it first.

8 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

Not saying it is, but as a pensioner, just saying that the extra £50 feels like a kick in the teeth. 

If you are over 65, you won't have to pay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Seems an odd time to pick a battle with fans given in 12 months time they could be asking fans to cough up for another season in the Championship.

They'll lap it up like they always do 

What if you have a phone but don't use the wallet for anything else why should you be forced to set up the wallet just for KPFC.

• Like 1

They'd rather an empty seat than allow me to give my ticket to someone else.

I've had situations this season where I've put my ticket on the resell platform, and it not sell. Whereas I could've given it to a mate, for free, who would have definitely gone.

They've already had money for my season ticket, so why should it matter who sits in my seat? Is there really that much of a ticket-touting/ reselling issue at Leicester City??

• Like 2

14 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Narhh not bothering renewing. 

Works out at £100 a game for our 4 now. That's before anything else on the match day. It's simply isn't worth it. 

What do you mean £100 a game? Is it not just a one-off £25 charge per card?

2 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

What do you mean £100 a game? Is it not just a one-off £25 charge per card?

sorry to clarify it works out at £25 a match for a ticket (divide the season ticket up) so 4 of us its £100 a match. 

This doesnt include the one off card charge. 

• Like 1

I actually have both this year, I took the e-ticket option last season and quickly realised there was no ability to pass the ticket on when I couldn't make a game.

This year I opted for a card, but the NFC was still on my phone and was still being updated. I've used both it just depends on whether I can be bothered to go into my actual wallet or the wallet on my phone when I walk up to the turnstile, the only issues i've seen with e-tickets are people not really understanding how they work.

Sometimes I will occasionally be doing something else on the day/night of a home game and I just pass my card onto my mate who I sit with so he can bring his mate along. I would rather have the ability to do that rather than resell it through the club for a pro rata payment back.

I won't be paying £25 for one which is I guess pretty much want the club wants.

Do we know how much the club spends on clappers by the way?

I'd like to know how much the club spends designing, printing, organising, distributing, storing and recycling the clappers each game.

I would be very surprised if, over the course of the 24 homes games that we will have played this season, it's less than £25 per person.

The board can save the money by taking a well earned pay cut.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Do we know how much the club spends on clappers by the way?

I'd like to know how much the club spends designing, printing, organising, distributing, storing and recycling the clappers each game.

I would be very surprised if, over the course of the 24 homes games that we will have played this season, it's less than £25 per person.

The board can save the money by taking a well earned pay cut.

Clappers are around £14,000 a game.

4 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

I would say why buy a season ticket then?  You know what you are signing up for.  If I had one, among with many others I imagine, I would not miss 9 games a season.  Fact. I think it's unfair.  If you know you won't make a number of games then you don't really need a season ticket.  It stinks of entitlement .  Use your ticket or don't buy one.  And that's my opinion.

We are slightly off piste here with this thread and I never wanted to be a keyboard warrior so I'll draw a line here.  I just wanted to voice an opinion.  

Tbf the cost of membership + individual match day tickets is such that even if you ended up missing half the games you're still better off financially to keep your season ticket. 

1 minute ago, glar84 said:

Tbf the cost of membership + individual match day tickets is such that even if you ended up missing half the games you're still better off financially to keep your season ticket. 

For context, given I'm about 2.5 hours away and busy with volunteering/ work/ other - I average about 5-8 games a season. 

£30(ish) for membership

Let's call it 6 games at an average of £37 (to account for booking fees) = £222

That's £250 for 6 games (3 home, 3 away)

Before travel and parking