Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

• Yes
    • No

Absolute disgrace from the club charging for new cards. Why not just use the old ones at no extra cost. They just want to control you, similar to away tickets not going on general sale.

• Like 1

The club knows that mostly the people that will pay for a physical card will probably be the ones that pass on their season tickets, it will be easier to spot at turnstiles and I wouldn’t be surprised if they decided to do a few ID checks next! 

• Like 1

The rent seeking and cash grabs are pitiful when you consider they're a drop in the ocean. Get a shrewd DoF and board in to stop us wasting millions.

If they're that hard up f uck the clappers off

🇰🇵

14 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

However my main issue here is that season ticket holders can miss 9 games.

As someone who rarely misses a game maybe a lot of this is down to all the different KO times. I hate 12.30 and 8.00pm KOs.

For the late 8.00pm ones I can't use the bus as I'd miss either the last 5 mins or the last bus so I have to drive and park which is a real pain.

• Like 1

Just now, davieG said:

As someone who rarely misses a game maybe a lot of this is down to all the different KO times. I hate 12.30 and 8.00pm KOs.

For the late 8.00pm ones I can't use the bus as I'd miss either the last 5 mins or the last bus so I have to drive and park which is a real pain.

I understand there will be individual issues for individual games and unless you bleed blue there will always be a family emergency/wedding/holiday/work issue (take your pick) that causes you to miss the odd game.  That's not really the point I'm making.  My point is there always have been and always will be evening kick offs and more so in this age of sky control.  But we all know this as supporters.  If ST holders are missing 9 games in a season, I maintain there are more deserving supporters who should have that season ticket.

25 minutes ago, Fox1980 said:

The club knows that mostly the people that will pay for a physical card will probably be the ones that pass on their season tickets, it will be easier to spot at turnstiles and I wouldn’t be surprised if they decided to do a few ID checks next! 

I’ve often wondered if people the other side of the turnstile actually check and whether they can be bothered to check

6 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

I understand there will be individual issues for individual games and unless you bleed blue there will always be a family emergency/wedding/holiday/work issue (take your pick) that causes you to miss the odd game.  That's not really the point I'm making.  My point is there always have been and always will be evening kick offs and more so in this age of sky control.  But we all know this as supporters.  If ST holders are missing 9 games in a season, I maintain there are more deserving supporters who should have that season ticket.

I totally disagree with this. How about people who don’t want to come to every game as a sign of protest for whatever reason (and there are and have been plenty over recent years)? What about people who live far away, and decide that a midweek game isn’t worth getting back at 1am if you’re working the next day? What if you’ve got young kids for whom it might not work to go to every home game?

There is a balance, and the club indirectly acknowledge this with the resale and forwarding scheme. Yes if someone buys an ST but never goes, fine that probably should be reviewed. But as a paying customer I would argue that you’re within your right to not attend when you don’t want to. People don’t just exist to go to LCFC games, and are allowed other clashes imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's not even the fact they're charging for a new card from now on, it's the fact they're practically disabling the current ones to make a few quid when they don't need to. It's completely unjustified.  

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 1

I'd agree with the begrudging option. Also agree that if it was £15 the % would be way higher.

I don't want to pay it on principle but I really want a card, I prefer a card and the reasons for trying to shift us away from cards are not built in any decent foundations. If it was for a noble cause, for a righteous reason it'd be fine. But all claims made are utter horseshit.

I'll probably pay it but like others I'll make sure the club don't see a penny from me in other areas. Concourse, shop etc (They'll of course see it in over-inflated booking fees).

Like many this is just another example of the disillusionment many of us feel with the club. Corporate, unaccountable, making up lame reasons to justify their actions. Ever more disconnecting from people.

I’ve had no issues at all with the E/ST in fairness, but the club simply have to change this decision, it’s a cheap was to make easy money which is why they’ve done it, there’s no other reason behind it. Fans should be allowed to make a choice themselves free of penalisation, it’s as many have said discriminating against fans, particularly those who chose the physical ticket because it’s better suited to their lifestyle. 

The club has no place dictating to people how they should have their ticket, and then charging them for the pleasure of having a bit of plastic. 

Be interesting to see just how many actually go over to digital. Many on here were claiming they were giving up their STs last season but then didn't.

I will be making sure I turn up at least 20 minutes earlier than normal for the first few games as it's a given many will struggle with new technology.

£25 seems a lot for a card but I lost mine probably 6 years ago and it was £10 to replace back then and they then informed me that if I lost ot a second time the fee would be £25.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Be interesting to see just how many actually go over to digital. Many on here were claiming they were giving up their STs last season but then didn't.

I will be making sure I turn up at least 20 minutes earlier than normal for the first few games as it's a given many will struggle with new technology.

£25 seems a lot for a card but I lost mine probably 6 years ago and it was £10 to replace back then and they then informed me that if I lost ot a second time the fee would be £25.

For people who already have a card, being forced to fork out £25 to obtain a completely unnecessary replacement is shameful. It's just an attempt to bully people into switching to digital. I'm not surprised that the club didn't even bother attempting to justify it in their statement because they know it's completely unjustifiable. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

For people who already have a card, being forced to fork out £25 to obtain a completely unnecessary replacement is shameful. It's just an attempt to bully people into switching to digital. I'm not surprised that the club didn't even bother attempting to justify it in their statement because they know it's completely unjustifiable. 

Definitely, they don't like the idea that some people pass ickets on to friends rather than members.

The work load this has created for the ticket office is crazy.

So if you want to pass your ticket on nowadays you have to inform the club and they have to go through a process.

Lets say every match they have to do 1000 transactions for changes at least, many more when the season card is ended.

So why would you want to create all this work when the old method was much easier for the business and the customers.

This screams of someone new coming in and creating a system that isn’t needed and has created work for everyone 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

The rent seeking and cash grabs are pitiful when you consider they're a drop in the ocean. Get a shrewd DoF and board in to stop us wasting millions.

If they're that hard up f uck the clappers off

🇰🇵

If they get rid of the clappers can King Power, Rudkin and Whelan follow them and go too please?

• Like 1

I’m not sure the club has implemented this charge to stop people passing round their physical card. You are still able to attain a QR code from the mobile ST ticket that can be screen shotted and then shared. Must have something to do with trying to reduce the amount of plastic cards being manufactured each season? Possibly money motivated as you can reduce a lot of the admin and production - not a bad thing in my eyes!

• Like 1

The thing is it’s not about the money. They are using the £25 to try and get you to move away from the card. 

They just want to rid the customer of a card for some weird reason. 

Whether it’s a control thing so they know the movement of everyone I don’t know, but the £25 is just to make us make the move, not for revenue purposes 

• Like 1

I really don’t see the uproar, just use your phone!?

Unless you don’t use your phone / card payments, and use cash for everything (fair play to you - this is the bigger issue) I just don’t see it as a big deal

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I totally disagree with this. How about people who don’t want to come to every game as a sign of protest for whatever reason (and there are and have been plenty over recent years)? What about people who live far away, and decide that a midweek game isn’t worth getting back at 1am if you’re working the next day? What if you’ve got young kids for whom it might not work to go to every home game?

There is a balance, and the club indirectly acknowledge this with the resale and forwarding scheme. Yes if someone buys an ST but never goes, fine that probably should be reviewed. But as a paying customer I would argue that you’re within your right to not attend when you don’t want to. People don’t just exist to go to LCFC games, and are allowed other clashes imo.

There's some good solutions other clubs do including season ticket holidays. 

• Like 1