Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

• Yes
    • No

the most patronising email i've had off the club since the last patronising email i had off the club , they clearly love the idea they now have a waiting list for season ticket wannabes,  didn't have one til 2014 or was it 16 strange that !  and  sure loads kept em going for this season on the guarantee/hope  its just one season away from the premiership  hence the empty seats for many games especially night matches where they don't turn up and cant lend as little interest in millwall sunderland preston etc  . . they don't need us anymore we are customers not supporters.   

• Like 3

Is the £25 charge a sneaky way of making extra money or does the club want to stop the (alleged) resale of season tickets?

When I cannot make a game, I pass my season ticket to family or friends at no cost.

I imagine this is the case for the majority of ST holders.

I inevitably, will end up paying the £25 to keep using the card but with each passing season I am becoming more disgruntled with the attitude of the faceless few who run our club.

• Like 4

This alone negates all the free beers and donuts. A person is behind this decision. Someone at LCFC proposed it and the rest went along with it. Has to be Whelan, but mostly absent Top bears overall responsibility. 

Edited by An Away Move
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Skidmark said:

We all know that the real implementation of this £25 is to prevent people passing the card to other people.

That's it. Nothing eco-friendly about it. If they wanted to be a bit eco-friendly go back to the paper system with the old booklets and the numbers. (It's recyclable a bit like those paper clappers) 

Nail on head.

Think it's sad how we put all our eggs in the mobile phone basket. Lose it or it is stolen and we won't be able to do anything soon! Same with no signal or flat battery. Always screen shot my ticket before going just incase of signal. 

Yes to the card, and will pay the fee begrudgingly. I like the flexibility having a card affords, but as others have pointed out it’s almost an additional charge to be able to ‘forward’ it to non-members. 

I also feel the rise is ok given it’s been frozen for quite a while.

I wonder if the club will increase the number of times a seat is allowed to be re-sold on the website platform? 
Won’t there be lots more empty seats when fans will no longer be able to pass on ST to family member etc if they can’t make game through work commitments etc? 

As with a lot of stuff - it’s the thin end of the wedge.

How long until we’re charged for the NFC ticketing? We’re charged a frankly ridiculous booking fee on tickets already. 

The club is becoming more and more aligned to the horrendous financial chicanery that we normally associate with the likes of Tottenham. It’s saddening but, ultimately, unsurprising.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

As with a lot of stuff - it’s the thin end of the wedge.

How long until we’re charged for the NFC ticketing? We’re charged a frankly ridiculous booking fee on tickets already. 

The club is becoming more and more aligned to the horrendous financial chicanery that we normally associate with the likes of Tottenham. It’s saddening but, ultimately, unsurprising.

There's a very good reason why you make that connection. 

16 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Think it's sad how we put all our eggs in the mobile phone basket. Lose it or it is stolen and we won't be able to do anything soon! Same with no signal or flat battery. Always screen shot my ticket before going just incase of signal. 

If they actually used the technology they have available to them you wont be able to do this. 

9 minutes ago, jet64 said:

I wonder if the club will increase the number of times a seat is allowed to be re-sold on the website platform? 
Won’t there be lots more empty seats when fans will no longer be able to pass on ST to family member etc if they can’t make game through work commitments etc? 

It says you can resell it 5 times and you can forward it 4 times. So a total of 9 games you can miss without missing out money wise. BUT it does say ticket forwarding is to Fox Members next season. This season you could forward to any linked account. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jet64 said:

It's 5x resales and 4x formal ticket forwarding allowed next season

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If they actually used the technology they have available to them you wont be able to do this. 

NFC works much less reliably at the turnstiles than the QR code, I tried it when they first introduced it but detection was very patchy, would result in huge delays/queues 

Nope me and my dad will be going digital now (personally doesn’t bother us using it but would prefer a physical card if we didn’t have to pay for it)

My grandad that I go with will absolutely have to have a physical card though, although he has a phone he could use for digital he isn’t really able to use new phones at all so he would struggle doing it himself (thankfully his will be free)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

This really is about the final straw for me, my Mrs and I live a fair way from Leicester, so every game is £50 in fuel. Ticket gone up to £578 a season. So £1156.00 for tickets, £1150.00 for fuel equals £2306.00. Now screwing us for another £50. If I move to cheaper seats we have to pay a relocation fee for whatever reason they choose to say. Definitely won't be buying any merchandise from the shop, or concourse again😡

• Like 1

It was only a couple of years back when we had the FA cup winners special edition season ticket which I still have. Now it has gone digital by default. Maybe if the physical ticket was the default and a small discount of perhaps 1% was applied to mobile users it would have felt less like a fine of £25 to keep your card.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

This really is about the final straw for me, my Mrs and I live a fair way from Leicester, so every game is £50 in fuel. Ticket gone up to £578 a season. So £1156.00 for tickets, £1150.00 for fuel equals £2306.00. Now screwing us for another £50. If I move to cheaper seats we have to pay a relocation fee for whatever reason they choose to say. Definitely won't be buying any merchandise from the shop, or concourse again😡

It’s not the clubs fault that you have to pay £50 on fuel! Do you both also not have smartphones? 

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, brucey said:

It's 5x resales and 4x formal ticket forwarding allowed next season

I have no real issue with digital tickets....I'd prefer paper or a card but these are the times we are living in.  I do agree that the club are taking the p*ss with charging for a card and with prices in general but football clubs have taken the p*ss for years.

However my main issue here is that season ticket holders can miss 9 games.  I have missed less games than that as a member this season and would love a ST but the chances are slim and none.  Surely if you are missing 9 games as a ST holder then there are far more deserving fans that should have that season ticket.  It also makes my blood boil when I see empty seats at sold out games or that were not for sale on the website. Although this is a slightly different issue if the tickets are being passed on.

Edited by rugbyblue
Add clarity