Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?  

409 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

• Yes
    • No

As another poster alluded to - suddenly they've found themselves with a waiting list and they're pushing the supporters around a bit.

This kind of price gouging wasn't happening when we were getting 25k in the Championship for years. Those couple of trophies and they don't think they need the local supporters. 

I will pay it as its important for me to have the card especially for night games when I've been at work all day then have a couple hour train journey to get here can't always rely on my phone to have enough charge.

However I'm not happy about it I think £25 is extortionate. I understand the need for some charge cost of printing or whatever but surely £10-15 would be plenty to cover that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

£25 for cards.......just shows how much of a disconnect there is between the club and the fan base now.

club just makes a rod for their own backs when the say things like "eco friendly" etc yet, doesnt get local pies in the ground(pukka ones) and still prints 1000s of clappers per game too

its so arse about face

I've never bought a pie at the ground but if they are Pukka they are local based in syston

Screenshot_20240422_153403_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

What have the fans done over the last few years to show that they genuinely aren't okay with the way the club treats them? 

That, nothing. 

In regards to this and the £25 thing  (which is what I thought you meant) it does seem like fans will refuse to take it up and actually make a bit of a stand. Based on the comments anyway. 

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I will pay it as its important for me to have the card especially for night games when I've been at work all day then have a couple hour train journey to get here can't always rely on my phone to have enough charge.

However I'm not happy about it I think £25 is extortionate. I understand the need for some charge cost of printing or whatever but surely £10-15 would be plenty to cover that.

We already have working cards, so the charge to make more isn't needed.

The current cards don't a season or any reference (I don't think) so we don't need new ones. 

15 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

its a farce but don't moan about the cards then spend £££ in the fanstore, pies at half time and rip off drinks/food as you are feeding into it 

Exactly. Sadly too many people aren't really thinking critically. 

16 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

its a farce but don't moan about the cards then spend £££ in the fanstore, pies at half time and rip off drinks/food as you are feeding into it 

It's a bit harder trying to tell your kids you aren't buying them a new kit because you're trying to make a point to the board though isn't it. 

9 hours ago, boots60 said:

Is the £25 charge a sneaky way of making extra money or does the club want to stop the (alleged) resale of season tickets?

When I cannot make a game, I pass my season ticket to family or friends at no cost.

I imagine this is the case for the majority of ST holders.

I inevitably, will end up paying the £25 to keep using the card but with each passing season I am becoming more disgruntled with the attitude of the faceless few who run our club.

I think we all know its the former.

But it wouldn't surprise me if the same div who did the maths for our psr/ffp whatever calculations has done this and told Top it will fund a couple of multimillion pound signings I'm the summer

• Like 1

I'm guessing the club don't want you to pay £25. This is about them taking control of who can use each season ticket which quite frankly is just wrong. If I can't go with my dad, my uncle goes. What is the problem with that? When did we become such a **** of a club?

• Like 4

Just done a quick search on what other clubs charge.

Reading  £5.

Blackpool £20

Everton £10

Palace.

Free on meeting certain criteria after application completed.

Peterborough  £10

West Ham.

Free for certain criteria under application completed.

Middlesborough  FREE

Tottenham Hotspurs are ALL digital.

To my knowledge, if I went digital only I wouldn't be able to loan my friend my ticket so he can take his lad in the event of me not being able to go.

If that's the case, I'm not happy about it but I like the flexibility of it.

If you want a card.. then pay it.

If you don't.. then don't.

I will pay it.. others won't.

First world problems.. just be thankful.you don't live in the Gaza Strip!!

Edited by ScotFox1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I'm guessing the club don't want you to pay £25. This is about them taking control of who can use each season ticket which quite frankly is just wrong. If I can't go with my dad, my uncle goes. What is the problem with that? When did we become such a **** of a club?

I'm the same. If my brother or nephew can't go, I usually take up the ticket and chuck em some drinks or cash for the pleasure......I'm not in a position to afford a full season ticket and this has worked for us for a number of years.

53 minutes ago, ScotFox1 said:

I live in the Gaza strip and this is the worst news we've had in the last 6 months. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

It's a bit harder trying to tell your kids you aren't buying them a new kit because you're trying to make a point to the board though isn't it. 

Absolutely. My son wouldn’t care about that at 5 years old. Why should he be punished because of the clubs agenda? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I've never bought a pie at the ground but if they are Pukka they are local based in syston

Screenshot_20240422_153403_Chrome.jpg

Used to be Pukka, don’t think they are anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScotFox1 said:

Maybe if the club allow us all to use the card we already have, but ask everyone to donate fiver to charity instead?

• Like 1