Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Jeffrey Schlupp

Jeffrey Schlupp was  a centre forward in the beginning. He started off as left back before Fuchs took over that spot during our premier league winning season. He then signed  for palace. He's since had  a successful  career without standing out but that goal v Fulham was sensational. Congratulations to him and all other lesser known stars

• Like 1

Best moment of his career was the impressive nature to balloon a shot into the back of the stand from the edge of the box. Never seen it done again which just tells you how amazing a feat it was. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Best moment of his career was the impressive nature to balloon a shot into the back of the stand from the edge of the box. Never seen it done again which just tells you how amazing a feat it was. 

My favourite was his total lack of awareness that we had survived. He had to ask another player as to why we were celebrating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Best thing Jeff ever did playing for us was we were at home to West Ham in about the 75th minute he was by the East stand on the pitch, having come on as a sub 10 minutes before.  Board was held up for a West Ham sub to be made, Same number as Jeff.  Jeff started to jog off the pitch he had to be told by Shakespeare at the time it wasn't him being subbed.  lol.

Me and the Mrs call him dizzy Jeff over this incident to this day.

I was never convinced with at left back, think he excellent pace though to be a great winger. He certainly had a decent shot and cross on him. He did have excellent spell at Leicester and certainly a successful recruit from the academy, of course came in the same time as Liam Moore and both sadly went in different directions. Whilst Schlupp as remained in the premier league with Crystal Palace, Liam ended playing up in League One.

I can remember Schlupp going on trial with Manchester United, whilst with foxes quite generous of the club letting him spent some time with United. Maybe that help towards bringing Drinkwater in from Man United in that January.