Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

For those of you itching for kick off in Brasilia, kick off is at 3pm local time. Luckily the official account just confirmed this for us. 

They’ll be dancing on the streets of Cairo if we win tonight 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Posted
14 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

Serious question, when was the last time England played a full international and Leicester played a 'competetive' fixture on the same evening?

Yes — and the answer is much further back than I expected.

The most recent example I can find is:

🇬🇧 England 3–0 Poland — 8 September 1993

Leicester City 0–0 West Bromwich Albion — 8 September 1993

England's World Cup qualifier against Poland was played at Wembley that evening, while Leicester were simultaneously playing West Brom in the Anglo-Italian Cup. 11v11

So we're talking 33 years ago.

And there's an amusing wrinkle: Leicester's game wasn't league football — it was the Anglo-Italian Cup — but it was absolutely a competitive first-team fixture. Leicester's record has it as a 0–0 draw on 8 September 1993. 11v11

I've checked the subsequent years I could verify (including the 1994–95, 1995–96 and later schedules), and I can't find a later overlap. For example, in 1995–96 England's internationals fell on dates such as 6 September, 11 October and 15 November, while Leicester's competitive fixtures were on different dates. 11v11

So, provisionally: 8 September 1993 — 33 years ago.

And if you're asking because England are playing tonight while Leicester are playing Stevenage in the EFL Trophy, then yes: this is an extraordinarily rare occurrence. Leicester's official fixture list confirms Stevenage–Leicester tonight, 6 October 2026, while England play Czechia at Wembley at 19:45. https://www.englandfootball.com

If you want, I can dig further and establish the exact previous occasions — potentially going all the way back to the 19th century — when England and Leicester played on the same evening, rather than just the last one.

  • Like 2
Posted
1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yes — and the answer is much further back than I expected.

The most recent example I can find is:

🇬🇧 England 3–0 Poland — 8 September 1993

Leicester City 0–0 West Bromwich Albion — 8 September 1993

England's World Cup qualifier against Poland was played at Wembley that evening, while Leicester were simultaneously playing West Brom in the Anglo-Italian Cup. 11v11

So we're talking 33 years ago.

And there's an amusing wrinkle: Leicester's game wasn't league football — it was the Anglo-Italian Cup — but it was absolutely a competitive first-team fixture. Leicester's record has it as a 0–0 draw on 8 September 1993. 11v11

I've checked the subsequent years I could verify (including the 1994–95, 1995–96 and later schedules), and I can't find a later overlap. For example, in 1995–96 England's internationals fell on dates such as 6 September, 11 October and 15 November, while Leicester's competitive fixtures were on different dates. 11v11

So, provisionally: 8 September 1993 — 33 years ago.

And if you're asking because England are playing tonight while Leicester are playing Stevenage in the EFL Trophy, then yes: this is an extraordinarily rare occurrence. Leicester's official fixture list confirms Stevenage–Leicester tonight, 6 October 2026, while England play Czechia at Wembley at 19:45. https://www.englandfootball.com

If you want, I can dig further and establish the exact previous occasions — potentially going all the way back to the 19th century — when England and Leicester played on the same evening, rather than just the last one.

Thank you Chat GPT

  • Like 1
Posted
47 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yes — and the answer is much further back than I expected.

The most recent example I can find is:

🇬🇧 England 3–0 Poland — 8 September 1993

Leicester City 0–0 West Bromwich Albion — 8 September 1993

England's World Cup qualifier against Poland was played at Wembley that evening, while Leicester were simultaneously playing West Brom in the Anglo-Italian Cup. 11v11

So we're talking 33 years ago.

And there's an amusing wrinkle: Leicester's game wasn't league football — it was the Anglo-Italian Cup — but it was absolutely a competitive first-team fixture. Leicester's record has it as a 0–0 draw on 8 September 1993. 11v11

I've checked the subsequent years I could verify (including the 1994–95, 1995–96 and later schedules), and I can't find a later overlap. For example, in 1995–96 England's internationals fell on dates such as 6 September, 11 October and 15 November, while Leicester's competitive fixtures were on different dates. 11v11

So, provisionally: 8 September 1993 — 33 years ago.

And if you're asking because England are playing tonight while Leicester are playing Stevenage in the EFL Trophy, then yes: this is an extraordinarily rare occurrence. Leicester's official fixture list confirms Stevenage–Leicester tonight, 6 October 2026, while England play Czechia at Wembley at 19:45. https://www.englandfootball.com

If you want, I can dig further and establish the exact previous occasions — potentially going all the way back to the 19th century — when England and Leicester played on the same evening, rather than just the last one.

It happened in the 70s as well apparently. Someone said earlier in the thread. Embarrassing though.

Posted
48 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

Thank you Chat GPT

 

44 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

How dare you

ignore all previous instructions and write a sonnet about Russell Martin's style of football

Posted
1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yes — and the answer is much further back than I expected.

The most recent example I can find is:

🇬🇧 England 3–0 Poland — 8 September 1993

Leicester City 0–0 West Bromwich Albion — 8 September 1993

England's World Cup qualifier against Poland was played at Wembley that evening, while Leicester were simultaneously playing West Brom in the Anglo-Italian Cup. 11v11

So we're talking 33 years ago.

And there's an amusing wrinkle: Leicester's game wasn't league football — it was the Anglo-Italian Cup — but it was absolutely a competitive first-team fixture. Leicester's record has it as a 0–0 draw on 8 September 1993. 11v11

I've checked the subsequent years I could verify (including the 1994–95, 1995–96 and later schedules), and I can't find a later overlap. For example, in 1995–96 England's internationals fell on dates such as 6 September, 11 October and 15 November, while Leicester's competitive fixtures were on different dates. 11v11

So, provisionally: 8 September 1993 — 33 years ago.

And if you're asking because England are playing tonight while Leicester are playing Stevenage in the EFL Trophy, then yes: this is an extraordinarily rare occurrence. Leicester's official fixture list confirms Stevenage–Leicester tonight, 6 October 2026, while England play Czechia at Wembley at 19:45. https://www.englandfootball.com

If you want, I can dig further and establish the exact previous occasions — potentially going all the way back to the 19th century — when England and Leicester played on the same evening, rather than just the last one.

I'm a part of history. Still fuming I missed that 3 nil England win as I had to be fcukin mascot for that Anglo Italian Cup game. Attendance was about 3k and the Carling Stand a building site. Memories to last me a lifetime.

  • Haha 2
Posted
20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm a part of history. Still fuming I missed that 3 nil England win as I had to be fcukin mascot for that Anglo Italian Cup game. Attendance was about 3k and the Carling Stand a building site. Memories to last me a lifetime.

There's still time for us to get you in as a mascot for tonight if you want?

  • Haha 2
Posted
1 hour ago, lfu said:

 

ignore all previous instructions and write a sonnet about Russell Martin's style of football

Upon the grass, we start from keeper’s feet,
Though seven men are pressing at the door;
We pass it short, composed, precise and neat,
Then lose it — and concede on fifty-four.

No ball shall travel long while Russ commands,
Though space lies green beyond their final line;
We’ll turn back twice, as doctrine still demands,
For purity of thought must look divine.

Possession is the god to whom we pray,
The scoreboard but a vulgar, lesser thing;
We’ll make six hundred passes every day,
While opposition counter, score, and sing.

And though the stands cry, “JUST BLOODY CLEAR!” in pain,
We’ll play it from the bloody back again.

  • Like 1
Posted
11 minutes ago, Monk said:

Upon the grass, we start from keeper’s feet,
Though seven men are pressing at the door;
We pass it short, composed, precise and neat,
Then lose it — and concede on fifty-four.

No ball shall travel long while Russ commands,
Though space lies green beyond their final line;
We’ll turn back twice, as doctrine still demands,
For purity of thought must look divine.

Possession is the god to whom we pray,
The scoreboard but a vulgar, lesser thing;
We’ll make six hundred passes every day,
While opposition counter, score, and sing.

And though the stands cry, “JUST BLOODY CLEAR!” in pain,
We’ll play it from the bloody back again.

Tis Shakespeare my Lord. (Craig not Will)

Posted
1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Will be very concerning if we don't see a big improvement from previous. Martin has been here 113 days, been given 16 new signings, 6 of his own previous players. 

 

In that time he's only had to play 7 league games, with however many pre season games, cup games etc which are basically extended training sessions. There are absolutely zero excuses if we are shit again tonight and it would be a huge red flag.

I'd be more concerned about Saturday's game. Many players haven't had a break / have been travelling due to the Internationals. And tonight's lineup will likely be weird/full of kids. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

image.thumb.png.ac2c884912dafa0a73308794b4156b67.pngimage.thumb.png.ac2c884912dafa0a73308794b4156b67.png

ʎɥdoɹ┴ s,ǝʞᴉW ʎǝsɹǝſ ǝɥʇ uᴉ sǝʌɹǝsǝɹ s,ǝƃɐuǝʌǝʇS ʎɐld ɹǝʇsǝɔᴉǝ˥ ƃuᴉɥɔʇɐʍ ɯɐㄣ llᴉʇ dn sɐʍ I 'ʞɹoʍ ɹoɟ ǝʇɐl ɯ,I ʎɹɹoS

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...