Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Sounds like we reached another nadir last night.

Another thread said

”Out of all of the hideous results and performances we've endured over the past few years, a 2-1 defeat in a pointless competition against Stevenage is what's sent you over the edge. Incredible”

 

What was the last truly uplifting performance by the team, there has been so much continued apathy and negativity, I needed to look back to something positive.

Was it Preston A?

Was it Southampton A
 

Has there been one in the last 2 years?

Posted

To be fair I enjoyed Ruuds 1st game against west ham. It was a bit basketball but effort and desire were there. Then we all know what happened.

 

Other than that we are back to meresca I think. 

 

Maybe Ipswich when vards got his goal, but that was more nostalgia than anything.

  • Like 1
Posted

The last uplifting game for me was the season opener under Maresca against Cov at home. 

I still couldn't quite believe we'd been relegated, but the way we came back in that game, the way we played football, KDH grabbing a brace and it being live on Sky against a local rival made me think – as it turned out, rightfully – that we had a chance of bouncing straight back with style. 

I've enjoyed isolated games since, but that day (August 6 2023) was the last time I remember my spirits being lifted by Leicester City Football Club. 

Three years is a long time to go without that from your club.

So yeah. Thanks Top. Thanks Rudkin. 

  • Like 4
Posted

There's probably been others since, but maybe not to such an extent, but that feeling I had watching and walking away from that 5-3 Man Utd game at the KP was immense.

 

I was literally in a daze and so caught up in the moment, game and atmosphere.

 

It's a struggle to think of any other game that made me feel that way.

Posted
1 hour ago, teblin said:

Even then we were rubbish 2nd half if I remember correctly.

Yes as I recall. Typical Marti team could only do it for a half. But a great first half it was and great to be back at Pride Park and winning. Was a good away end too that day. Probably best result of the season regardless of the second half.

  • Like 1
Posted

I think the last genuine 90 minute performance was the 5-0 against Russell Martin's Southampton side.

 

We completely battered them. They couldn't handle the pace we played at and picked the ball off them for fun. Aiyawatt watched and said "I fancy a bit of that".

  • Like 1
Posted
10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think the last genuine 90 minute performance was the 5-0 against Russell Martin's Southampton side.

 

We completely battered them. They couldn't handle the pace we played at and picked the ball off them for fun. Aiyawatt watched and said "I fancy a bit of that".

pretty sure some of our fans probably boo'd that game toolol

Posted
10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think the last genuine 90 minute performance was the 5-0 against Russell Martin's Southampton side.

 

We completely battered them. They couldn't handle the pace we played at and picked the ball off them for fun. Aiyawatt watched and said "I fancy a bit of that".

Yes the corner was bouncing and Abdul was almost unplayable that night. 

 

Throw in a Vardy classic goal and it was the last time I really could feel my heart racing 

Posted
3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Chelsea away in the FA cup under Maresca.

 

There were a few under Enzo but that one sticks out. 

Haha I thought we were terrible in that. The equaliser was great but it was ominous viewing defensively.

  • Like 2
Posted

Beating NottsF 4 nil back in 2022. Went to that match with a (unknown) pulmonary embolism. Could bearly breathe but still celebrated like a nutter. Healthwise I've been crap ever since and that has coincided with my decline in interest in the club and football. Still listen and watch on TV (and have a membership) but haven't been this season since giving up my season ticket. My son hardly ever talks about the City now. He's not bothered anymore.

  • Sad 1
Posted
15 minutes ago, Dan said:

Haha I thought we were terrible in that. The equaliser was great but it was ominous viewing defensively.

Yep if Sterling played anywhere near to his best we'd have conceded about 30 goals.

Posted
33 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Beating NottsF 4 nil back in 2022. Went to that match with a (unknown) pulmonary embolism. Could bearly breathe but still celebrated like a nutter. Healthwise I've been crap ever since and that has coincided with my decline in interest in the club and football. Still listen and watch on TV (and have a membership) but haven't been this season since giving up my season ticket. My son hardly ever talks about the City now. He's not bothered anymore.

 

Sorry to hear that. Puts things into perspective, somewhat.

 

Hope you do get better. 

  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Southampton away, 3-2 from 2-0 down, Ayew 90+8. Mental scenes, won two on the bounce beating Bournemouth the game before at home. Points deduction was cleared and I was so confident we’d stay up. 
 

Haven’t celebrated anything remotely close to that feelings since. 

Edited by Levi Port
Posted
1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Yep if Sterling played anywhere near to his best we'd have conceded about 30 goals.

Sterling was laughable in that game. One of the worst performances I've ever seen from an attacker. And we still let in 4. It was an ominous reality check. Chelsea basically gave us a goal as well.

Posted

Literally hasn't been one during this season, last season or the season before. The wins have almost all felt like good variance. Southampton in April 2024 was the last game where I actually thought we look quite good, even if the doubts had very much crept in by then.

 

This last 5 years is one of the poorest runs a team will ever go through.

  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...