Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

No Smoking!

it was pretty eunanamous (sp?). i guess the guy 2 rows infront of me wont be coming back as a STH next season and his 6 kids he brings week in week out. that itself is 7 ST's the club have lost. but maybe they will bring more in due to non smokers? me and my mate get annoyed cos the bloke the other side of the aisle smokes before the match and at HT and it all gets blown in our faces due to the breeze. i voted complete ban!

i guess the guy 2 rows infront of me wont be coming back as a STH next season and his 6 kids he brings week in week out.

It's a sad person who can't even go 2 hours without a cigarette to support their own footy team!! Does they ever go on aeroplanes???

It's a sad person who can't even go 2 hours without a cigarette to support their own footy team!! Does they ever go on aeroplanes???

i agree it is stupid. he can have all the ciggies he wants before the match outside the stadium and afterwards on his way home. does it taste nicer sitting on a blue seat?

Why cant they just do what derby do and open up one of the exits so people who want to smoke can go outside the stadium at half time?

That's exactly what they do, well on the South Stand exits anyway, not sure about other areas of the stadium.

I'm not really sure the point of all this.

I don't smoke and don't like it, but the few people who smoke don't stop me going to the game (or the other odd 20,000). If people were to decide that they would stop going to the match because of the smoke, that would be a different matter, but they are not. So, potentially, we are pushing away a section of fans for nothing.

If there was no national campaign to vilify smoking, no-one would really bat an eyelid.

I'm not really sure the point of all this.

I don't smoke and don't like it, but the few people who smoke don't stop me going to the game (or the other odd 20,000). If people were to decide that they would stop going to the match because of the smoke, that would be a different matter, but they are not. So, potentially, we are pushing away a section of fans for nothing.

If there was no national campaign to vilify smoking, no-one would really bat an eyelid.

Well said mate.

Its just the Goodie To shoe fans who like to disagree with anything, and hold up there red bits of paper for the sake of it, its all part of the day out for them.

A big open ground like that, i mean everyones going to get cancer for gods sake!

i think its shocking.. let them smoke for god sake outside at half time or something.. think about it we will drive away some fans if this ban is implemented no matter how sad you may think those fans are..think also about who we want to be encoraging to the game..singers the atmosphere creaters do most of them smoke? i would guess most of them do

for god sake what is so wrong with the current situation? :devil:

by the way i do not smoke

I'm glad they've stopped smoking in the stadium because where I sit there's about 4 or 5 people around me who smoke like chimneys n it's a disgusting habit and I hold my breath everytime they blow there smoke up into my face. At half time there will just be a cigarette lit by each person every minute and I really can't stand it. Leicester have made one hell of a good move today.

I'm glad they've stopped smoking in the stadium because where I sit there's about 4 or 5 people around me who smoke like chimneys n it's a disgusting habit and I hold my breath everytime they blow there smoke up into my face. At half time there will just be a cigarette lit by each person every minute and I really can't stand it. Leicester have made one hell of a good move today.

The point being, you have many choices, of which you have clearly decided that the smoke does not affect your enjoyment of the game enough to stop you going. If it did, you would either move your seat or stop going. As you have done neither, it would seem that smoking is not that big a problem.

Smokers tend to smoke to relieve stress do they not. A football match is quite stressful.

Ban beer and pies next? They dont poison those around you.

I admit, it will be a little weird being at a football game and not having the distinct smell of fag smoke coming from somewhere but there will always be the odd 200 people trying to get away with a crafty ciggie.

Smokers tend to smoke to relieve stress do they not. A football match is quite stressful.

Ban beer and pies next? They dont poison those around you.

I admit, it will be a little weird being at a football game and not having the distinct smell of fag smoke coming from somewhere but there will always be the odd 200 people trying to get away with a crafty ciggie.

Certainly alcohol causes more trouble to innocent people than smoking ever does. :huh::unsure::( <_<

Archived