Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Headhunters isn’t about harry hole and is a one off story. It’s a amazing though. The snowman film was terrible. 

I might read that next then. Like I said , when you've read 7 books about the same man, in a row, you need a bit of a change.

Oliver Shah - Damaged Goods

The story of Philip Green and the BHS pension scandal.

A great insight into corporate greed, arrogance and how individuals can make money out of companies when they are on their knees.

Someone came in and purchased BHS for  £1 and managed to fleece it of £5m before the administrators walked in.

Nor the first and certainly not the last story you will hear where the leaches turn up at the death of a company and take make a fortune out of the cash that is still running through the till, at the expense of creditors and the staff.

• 3 weeks later...

Through the first 4 of the Enzo chronicles by Peter May. nothing like as good as the Lewis trilogy and annoying in that no sensible person would do so many of the tings that Enzo does but enjoyable nonetheless.

For those of you with an ebook reader may I suggest you sign up with:

https://www.bookbub.com/launch

Each day they send out a list of bargain books which always includes at least one free ebook. It's a good way to try out new authors.

edit: here's a referral link that enters me into a free book draw:

https://www.bookbub.com/referral/53980c74a8f3c56fe1f6?source=invite_500_v9

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

For those of you with an ebook reader may I suggest you sign up with:

https://www.bookbub.com/launch

Each day they send out a list of bargain books which always includes at least one free ebook. It's a good way to try out new authors.

Is this your last post prof ? ...   or are you going to slip another cheeky couple in ?? ...    :)

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

having finished Sapiens...this was logical 

Enjoy, both are excellent.

The third one that came out last month isn't anywhere near as good, felt like he rushed it out to capitalise on his current standing - I didn't even finish it.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Buce said:

'The Journey in Between' - Keith Foskett.

An account of the author's hike on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail to the shrine of St James in Northern Spain.

Which route through SW France did he come?

Pons?

Soulac?

I've been reading through Val McDermid's books recently. All the Tony Hill/Carol Jordan books - the series that they based Wire in the blood on (a great tv series) and the Karen Pirie books, as well as a couple of standalone. She's a decent writer who occasionally gets bogged down with a theme (like the Balkans war). I'm guessing she must be a lesbian since every book has a prominent lesbian couple or two. I've enjoyed nearly all of them.

13 hours ago, Buce said:

He hiked the route that starts at Le Puy.

image.png.ad1ebcbebd6cad8e877a24518f8916d4.png

okay, There are so many different routes, I've been along parts of a few but not that one. I'll be in Cahors in a couple of weeks time so will walk a few kms of that part.

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

okay, There are so many different routes, I've been along parts of a few but not that one. I'll be in Cahors in a couple of weeks time so will walk a few kms of that part.

Yeah, and that one has become too popular to make it a pleasant hike (he hiked it about twenty years ago when it was less familiar).

I quite like the look of the Portuguese Way which begins in Porto, although I believe that is also growing in popularity.