Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

On 30/06/2017 at 19:44, Webbo said:

After seeing something about Hemingway on Pointless tonight I decided to purchase For Whom the Bell Tolls on the kindle. I've read the first 2 chapters, so far, a bit meh.

Stick with it - it’s a brilliant book

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Is one of the books from jo nesbo called the snowman? - I might be wrong but there was a film out recently called that. 

I've got that one in a pile for later. Just checking the Nesbo bibliography and I happen to be reading the newest "the thirst" Should have checked that first I guess. :blush:

22 minutes ago, FIF said:

I've got that one in a pile for later. Just checking the Nesbo bibliography and I happen to be reading the newest "the thirst" Should have checked that first I guess. :blush:

Have you read Michael Connelly's latest 2 books? Both great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Autobiography by Morrisey (It's Morrisey's autobiography, dontcha know) is waaay better than expected. I was bought Set the Boy Free (Johnny Marr's very good book) for Christmas and thought, in the interest of fairness and balance I'd better read Mos'z...good decision!

On 09/01/2018 at 23:31, Countryfox said:

Like to poke my nose in a book when on my jollies ...   bit of fiction well written that keeps my interest ..  these two were half price at Smiths and both No 1 bestsellers ...     very good the pair of them.

FA3B30A8-3663-4D9F-822B-4233DC5E766A.jpeg

Read the Thirst a few weeks ago. Excellent. Reading the rest of Nesbo's bibliography at the moment.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Read the Thirst a few weeks ago. Excellent. Reading the rest of Nesbo's bibliography at the moment.

Yes im going to get a few more of his  ...   the missus has read them both too and is half way through this one ...    she says it’s as good as the thirst ...

472C4802-58A1-4050-A315-5AF6F5B2183B.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Yes im going to get a few more of his  ...   the missus has read them both too and is half way through this one ...    she says it’s as good as the thirst ...

But not as good as the thecond?

• Haha 2

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Noy far off finishing this, really good.

CF308721-3E2C-464A-92FD-50C003624FCD.jpeg

He’s a great author but I try and stick to bestseller as opposed to from the bestselling author ...    only read books at this time of year so can’t afford any duds ...   let us know when you finish it though ....   crap endings really piss me off.