Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

Just finished Apathy for the devil, Nick Kent. Memoirs of the former NME journalist and heroin addict during the 1970's 

Came across as a total tosser and a bit of a narcissist during his time with the music magazine but it's a decent read if you're interested in that era of music.

Just started reading Fear and loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson

Edited by Max Wall

10 hours ago, Buce said:

How do you accidentally start reading one of the greatest books ever written?

I went for a sit down in the bathroom and had nothing to read, found the fellowship of the ring in one of the drawers in there, i have been reading it everyday since lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

I went for a sit down in the bathroom and had nothing to read, found the fellowship of the ring in one of the drawers in there, i have been reading it everyday since lol

Your shits must take a hell of a long while.

Guest MattP
Just now, MattP said:

Anyone read Yuval Noah Narari's new one yet?

Looking forward to it, really enjoyed Sapiens and Homo Deus.

Ignore, I read the review at the weekend and didn't realise it wasn't out until August 30th.

Having been collecting dust for the last couple of years, I have finally read the very best book on the history of the English I've ever come across. 

The English and their history by Robert Tombs. Outstanding.

I can also recommend Havana Nocturne: How the Mob owned Cuba... and then lost it to the revolution

Edited by iniesta
Formattitb

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, iniesta said:

I can also recommend Havana Nocturne: How the Mob owned Cuba... and then lost it to the revolution

I'll buy that.

Always wanted to read a bit more into this after watching Godfather 2, got onto Wikipedia a few months ago reading about Mayer Lansky and his mob and spent ages going through it all.

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Jo nesbo - Macbeth.

he is my favourite author so it better be good 

I'm about at the 7th of his books, The leopard. I might need a change after this, just to break it up a bit.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I'm about at the 7th of his books, The leopard. I might need a change after this, just to break it up a bit.

The leopard is my favourite book of all time, not sure why just remember it had a big impact. 

Have you read headhunters? That was the first Nesbo book I read and made me start the Harry hole series. 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Jo nesbo - Macbeth.

he is my favourite author so it better be good 

Read all the Hole books and thought they were great except Police

Haven"t read macbeth

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

makes sense. Good as they are a break is needed.

You still have snowman to read which is really good.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

The leopard is my favourite book of all time, not sure why just remember it had a big impact. 

Have you read headhunters? That was the first Nesbo book I read and made me start the Harry hole series. 

I'm reading them in order (I think) Is that the one in Australia? If it is I've read it.

24 minutes ago, FIF said:

Read all the Hole books and thought they were great except Police

Haven"t read macbeth

makes sense. Good as they are a break is needed.

You still have snowman to read which is really good.

The Snowman was the last one I read. They've recently made a film of it but it isn't much good.

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm reading them in order (I think) Is that the one in Australia? If it is I've read it.

The Snowman was the last one I read. They've recently made a film of it but it isn't much good.

Headhunters isn’t about harry hole and is a one off story. It’s a amazing though. The snowman film was terrible. 

• Like 1