Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot I'd pre-ordered Beyond the Red Wall by Deborah Mattinson until it turned up yesterday. Haven't made much progress through it but always good to read qualitative accounts and ethnographic study of politics so likely a good insight. 

The last couple of weeks I read Wild Silence by Raynor Winn, a follow up to Salt Path which I enjoyed earlier in the year and gave me lots to reflect on. Wild Silence isn't as good for me, it became too introspective but a nice follow up still. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/09/2020 at 13:42, ozleicester said:

Louis Theroux - Gotta Get Theroux This: My Life and Strange Times in  Television [REVIEW]

Any good…. I’m reading the Adam Buxton book…

I think Adam Buxton is great and I love his podcast…. This is my issue, but I’m always a little suspicious of people who appear down to earth, but, are quite clearly ruddy faced poshers…

It appears that if you attended Westminster you were made…. I detest how posh public schools simply elevate those with the means to go there… it’s not ok

4 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Any good…. I’m reading the Adam Buxton book…

I think Adam Buxton is great and I love his podcast…. This is my issue, but I’m always a little suspicious of people who appear down to earth, but, are quite clearly ruddy faced poshers…

It appears that if you attended Westminster you were made…. I detest how posh public schools simply elevate those with the means to go there… it’s not ok

I found it quite similar to his shows to be honest, no he definitely isnt a naive simpleton that he sometimes plays and yes had a privileged life that he talks about but perhaps doesnt recognise.

It was a good light read that took a little deeper look at a number of his more well known shows and told a little more about him and how he felt about the people he met.

I enjoyed it, but can imagine in a couple of years i will have forgotten i read it :) (Unlike the Bruce Springsteen book that was amazing, im not a fan but it had many parts that will stick with me)

8 hours ago, ozleicester said:

I found it quite similar to his shows to be honest, no he definitely isnt a naive simpleton that he sometimes plays and yes had a privileged life that he talks about but perhaps doesnt recognise.

It was a good light read that took a little deeper look at a number of his more well known shows and told a little more about him and how he felt about the people he met.

I enjoyed it, but can imagine in a couple of years i will have forgotten i read it :) (Unlike the Bruce Springsteen book that was amazing, im not a fan but it had many parts that will stick with me)

He was an exceptionally bright student apparently…. Moved up a year

I like his tv although he does play up to that pastiche of himself that he’s created!  A might have a look at it?!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Just finished this. A really good book. Well written, excellent plot. Don't let any opinion you have of Osman put you off, it really is a brilliant read.

I listened to the audio book and thoroughly enjoyed it, could easily be a tv show but Osman says Spielberg has the rights for a film.

What opinion of him could put someone off though? Is it just that's he's a bit vanilla, cos I can't see how anyone could have a negative opinion of him?

Audiobook - Lies of Lock Lamore. About thieves in a medieval fantasy setting that rob from the rich but don't really give to anyone. Then it all begins to unravel and shit kicks off. Enjoying it so far. 

Normal book - Rage of Dragons. Fantasy about in a kind of African setting. Not got very far so far but seems pretty decent the only issue is getting used to some of the African names. 

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

I listened to the audio book and thoroughly enjoyed it, could easily be a tv show but Osman says Spielberg has the rights for a film.

What opinion of him could put someone off though? Is it just that's he's a bit vanilla, cos I can't see how anyone could have a negative opinion of him?

I know some who just don't really like him. I think some people don't like clever people.

Someone (sorry dont know who to 'thank") mentioned this in another thread.... WOW!

Ive had to stop and change to something else for a while... im not sure my DNA will allow me to digest and comprehend everything in it.

Blueprint | The MIT Press

Edited by ozleicester

Good Father by Noah Hawley-  about a father dealing with the fallout when his slightly estranged son assassinated a Presidential hopeful.   Funny enough,  during reading this book I discovered that we are expecting our first baby.   I could have not picked a worser book to concidence with the news if I tried lol  

Edited by The Blur

Set aside a couple of months and immerse yourself in this. 

One mans story of life on the run, prison, culture, spirituality, mafia, religion, redemption, downfall, philosophy and a truly astonishing insight into India. 

70084074-4ADD-4AD0-8EC6-26C573E3BC56.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...