Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Stig

Rumours for 06/07 Season

we have been linked with him for a while but now he seems likely to move because were the best team after him

source

That's two out of favour Burnley players we've been linked with in the past couple of weeks then.

Awful player.

That's two out of favour Burnley players we've been linked with in the past couple of weeks then.

Awful player.

probably with the same agent putting his clients names about doesn't actually mean we have been in contact probably the other way round

From Wikipedia:

"On the June 14, 2005 he joined Burnley on a free transfer where he has played 30 games and scored 2 goals. This lack of form and lack of goalscoring talent has made him unpopular with the Burnley crowd. Noel-Williams is currently on loan at fellow Championship club Brighton & Hove Albion until the end of the 2005-06 season."

God help us.

Gifted?-Not! Williams. Micah Hyde.

Barrel well and truly scraped here. If this is the calibre of player we're looking at, we may as well just apply to be relegated now. :(

Let's just get in Adam Boyd, Jamie Clapham and Carl Fletcher - Premiership or bust!

Barrel well and truly scraped here. If this is the calibre of player we're looking at, we may as well just apply to be relegated now. :(

Let's just get in Adam Boyd, Jamie Clapham and Carl Fletcher - Premiership or bust!

Kelly is really treating us this pre-season. If this is the new era, then I don't want us to all be 'in it together'. ****in hell, Micah Hyde and GNW!!! Let's hope this is bollocks, i'm slightly confident that it is because Kelly has said that the remaining signings are likely to be 2 midfielders not another striker or defender.

Kelly is really treating us this pre-season. If this is the new era, then I don't want us to all be 'in it together'. ****in hell, Micah Hyde and GNW!!! Let's hope this is bollocks, i'm slightly confident that it is because Kelly has said that the remaining signings are likely to be 2 midfielders not another striker or defender.

According to the Trust Hyde was never an option, I would imagine this is your usual crap reporting/agent interference.

Lets not get carried away, If we do sign Noel Williams he will be as back up for hume and fryatt.

I can't see us signing a striker if de vreis is still here.

Link:

Midfielder linked Thu, Jun 15 2006 13:50Spurs midfielder Andy Reid has again been linked with a switch to Leeds United but Leicester are also said to be interested..footyC_small02.gifTottenham would rather find a permanent move for the Irish midfielder and are aiming to recoup a large portion of the £4million they paid to Nottingham Forest for Reid 16 months ago.That is looking unlikely though and a loan move could be the way forward and Leeds boss Kevin Blackwell was linked to Reid last season as the midfielder struggled to fight his way into Tottenham's line-up. There are other suitors as well for his signature with Leicester also said to be keen.

Link:

Midfielder linked Thu, Jun 15 2006 13:50Spurs midfielder Andy Reid has again been linked with a switch to Leeds United but Leicester are also said to be interested..footyC_small02.gifTottenham would rather find a permanent move for the Irish midfielder and are aiming to recoup a large portion of the £4million they paid to Nottingham Forest for Reid 16 months ago.That is looking unlikely though and a loan move could be the way forward and Leeds boss Kevin Blackwell was linked to Reid last season as the midfielder struggled to fight his way into Tottenham's line-up. There are other suitors as well for his signature with Leicester also said to be keen.

who the feck is it who writes this bull shit!! it must a lurker from on here because they just seem to make articles from nothing I doubt we could afford the £4 let alone the million at the end!!

who the feck is it who writes this bull shit!! it must a lurker from on here because they just seem to make articles from nothing I doubt we could afford the £4 let alone the million at the end!!

I think it's aloan that is the basis of the rumour, although I would have thought wages would rule that out, we wouldn't even be able to afford the bank charges. ;)

Don't get excited....

they have just mixed up two stories from earlier in the week. When we were linked with Ryan smith the article also mentioned Leeds wanting Reid. Some idiot have misread the story and put it back up.

I think it's aloan that is the basis of the rumour, although I would have thought wages would rule that out, we wouldn't even be able to afford the bank charges. ;)

I would think we would be far down the pecking order, I can see one of the lesser prem clubs being interested in him. Plus he can be lazy and goes missing in games, not the trait RK likes!!

Don't get excited....

they have just mixed up two stories from earlier in the week. When we were linked with Ryan smith the article also mentioned Leeds wanting Reid. Some idiot have misread the story and put it back up.

it was the same idiot who linked us with Ryan Smith, it's that eatsleepfootball website seems to me they are fast approaching the level normally only achieved by Footballrumours.com

Link:

Andy Reid!!!!! As much as I would love this, I expect Spurs will want at least £1.5m if not more & we are supposed to have very little money. I couldn't see Reid wanting to come here unless it was on loan.

Ryan Smith looks more likely but then I wouldn't pay £500k if we don't have much money.

I won't be upset if Gifton comes here. If Hammond/De Vries is leaving Gifton would be a good player to have in the squad for competition. Hume & Fryatt are starters so we don't need a big signing in attack. If he's free & cheap wages he'll do.

Who writes these rumours though?

Look at the Harding one....

Leeds defender link Fri, Jun 09 2006 13:10

Leicester are reported to be showing an interest in full-back Dan Harding, of Premiership rivals Leeds United.

Andy Reid!!!!! As much as I would love this, I expect Spurs will want at least £1.5m if not more & we are supposed to have very little money. I couldn't see Reid wanting to come here unless it was on loan.

Ryan Smith looks more likely but then I wouldn't pay £500k if we don't have much money.

I won't be upset if Gifton comes here. If Hammond/De Vries is leaving Gifton would be a good player to have in the squad for competition. Hume & Fryatt are starters so we don't need a big signing in attack. If he's free & cheap wages he'll do.

Who writes these rumours though?

Look at the Harding one....

Leeds defender link Fri, Jun 09 2006 13:10

Leicester are reported to be showing an interest in full-back Dan Harding, of Premiership rivals Leeds United.

Thats just wishful thinking :D

andy reid will not be coming to us ,i bet his wages are 18k plus per week and we are well documented in trying to lower that.

we will get young eager players from the fizzy league and lower leagues and we will be a very strong hard team to beat ,reid and his sort are lazy and when the going gets tough and cold will wither away...........

His agent must be getting desperate - as it's now 8 or 9 clubs now chasing Gifted Noel-Williams :D

Unreliable Links

Striker linked with switch Fri, Jun 16 2006 13:08Gifton Noel-Williams is close to agreeing a move out of Burnley with "eight or nine" clubs keen on the player.footyC_small02.gifThe 26-year-old is unsettled at Turf Moor, and his agent Gary Mellor admits a number of clubs have approached him about acquiring the striker's services."There has been quite a bit of interest, probably about eight or nine clubs," said Mellor.

"Brighton and Millwall have obviously been interested in him from before and there's Nottingham Forest and also Leicester from the Championship.

"I'm going to run a few things by him and see what he wants to do because it doesn't look like he is in Burnley's plans."

Lennon to Leave Celtic - June 6th

Neil Lennon is set to leave Celtic by the end of the month, the 35 year old mid fielder has decided to end his Celtic career the way he wanted to, by going out a winner. Lennon captained Celtic to a Scottish double by winning the League Cup trophy and the SPL this season, and has accepted it's time to leave the club he has loved since a boy. Sources close to Neil have said it's nothing to do with a new contract, although he had considered the offer of a one year contract that was made Neil feels that the time is right for him to go.

Lennon who was brought to Parkhead from Leicester City by Martin O'Neill in December 2000 for a fee of 6 million pounds has been capped by Northern Ireland 40 times but retired from playing International football in August 2002 due to death threats made against him and his family. Neil Lennon has made 257 appearances for Celtic scoring 3 goals and has been a great favourite with the Celtic fans for his, heart on his sleeve, style of play. Speculation will now arise that he may return to Leicester City as a player /coach.

I still think he will stay as this article was written before Keane retired.

It's apparantly posted on the Northampton Town notice boards, that we've made an approach for Josh Low, their right sided winger. No idea how credible this is or whether this rumour has done the rounds before, but as we're so starved of any real transfer rumours, I thought I'd mention it.

Accoriding to my mate who supports NTFC, he was their record signing and is now out of contract. On his day, he is great, just doesn't have that many great days. Typical winger really!

Archived