Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

i go cinema pretty much every saturday now so if theres a film you want advice (providing i saw it) hen ill be happy to help.

has anybody seen wanted ( i wanted to see it when i came ot but couldnt go) is it anygood, might go see i friday.

so from now on i going to do a weekly review on a film just o keep me from going insane with boredom! :) nah it wil just give me something to share!

i shall call it, morris's movie moan lol lol :P:cool:

(no spoilers!!)

MEET DAVE

Meet dave is about a troop of small aliens that use a ship that is disguised as a human being to try to find a stone, that is somewhere on earth, which can help save their home planet.

While meet dave my seem a little srange and well...shit in the trailers, then prepared to be surprised, ok is not the most thrilling movie with twisting storylines and endless ridles solved by sleeping with very nice woman ( as much as that sounds great), ok it doesnt have the best actors or even the best effects but there is a light and care-free mood to it that does make it enjoyable.

While ive always found eddie murphy to be annoying he does an OK job in this, he does use some weird voices and sounds at times but thats what makes the film feel the way t does.

Overall meet dave is a good film for people of any age, especially if you have children. but wha makes this film good is that they have tried something new, a new idea, not copied some successful series and tried to pass off a version of it, they took a risk with a very strange film. however if youre expecting effects and plot substance this isnt really the movie for you.

SCORE(1- shocking 10- amazing)

6.5 - GOOD

Edited by morris1234

i go cinema pretty much every saturday now so if theres a film you want advice (providing i saw it) hen ill be happy to help.

has anybody seen wanted ( i wanted to see it when i came ot but couldnt go) is it anygood, might go see i friday.

so from now on i going to do a weekly review on a film just o keep me from going insane with boredom! :) nah it wil just give me something to share!

i shall call it, morris's movie moan lol lol :P:cool:

(no spoilers!!)

MEET DAVE

Meet dave is about a troop of small aliens that use a ship that is disguised as a human being to try to find a stone, that is somewhere on earth, which can help save their home planet.

While meet dave my seem a little srange and well...shit in the trailers, then prepared to be surprised, ok is not the most thrilling movie with twisting storylines and endless ridles solved by sleeping with very nice woman ( as much as that sounds great), ok it doesnt have the best actors or even the best effects but there is a light and care-free mood to it that does make it enjoyable.

While ive always found eddie murphy to be annoying he does an OK job in this, he does use some weird voices and sounds at times but thats what makes the film feel the way t does.

Overall meet dave is a good film for people of any age, especially if you have children. but wha makes this film good is that they have tried something new, a new idea, not copied some successful series and tried to pass off a version of it, they took a risk with a very strange film. however if youre expecting effects and plot substance this isnt really the movie for you.

SCORE(1- shocking 10- amazing)

6.5 - GOOD

Good job with the review.

Don't bother going to see Wanted though. It's wank. Jolie is the only saving grace in that film, although James McAvoy did a decent job in it.

i went to see mamma mia - initially, i suggested it for some serious brownie points, whilst at the same time intrigued how pierce brosnan would fit into the occassion...

...and it's a pretty funny film: julie walters = :thumbup: , meryl streep = :thumbup: pierce :o - he can sing!

so, in summary, if you want brownie points without suffering for it - definately worth a couple of hours of you time, lads...

Overrated? It got terrible reviews over here.

the thing with hancock and many films recently is that they use all the best stuff in the trailers so theres nothing new! although will smith does make the film ok.

' next time he bullies you, kick him in his little piss pump, and if you hit straight enough, for a long time the only thing he can use that for is a flap to keep the dust from getting down his ass crack ' lol lol

Edited by morris1234

Watched Cloverfield and Kidulthood yesterday.

Cloverfield - easy on the eye, brainless monster nonsense. Enjoyable but as it was made by the creators of Lost I was expecting an earth-shattering twist/climax at the end, which never came. I was left feeling a little like my girlfriend must do just before I go to sleep.

Kidulthood - very good. Described by the very people it portrays as frighteningly close to real life. This is a good thing. Some dodgy acting but apart from that a great movie and particularly topical obviously.

Overall 3 hours of my life that I am happy to have given to these films. Particularly as I was recovering from 5 of the craziest days of my life out in Serbia.

Edited by JTB

One thing i couldn't work out was who killed the Major and the Cypriot guy cant remember his name the one who they bought in to dig the hole, Was it MI5/6, X's men or the bloke who was after his bent coppers book?

I was led to belive that Vogel had Major and Bambas killed.

But the film didn't really clear that up did it?

:o

Edited by Nathko Darkervic

so, in summary, if you want brownie points without suffering for it - definately worth a couple of hours of you time, lads...

I would rather have crushed glass rammed up my arse with a salt encrusted stick.

Nothing, absolutely nothing will get me to watch that film...there's more chance of someone forcing me into watching Titanic or ET.

I would rather have crushed glass rammed up my arse with a salt encrusted stick.

Nothing, absolutely nothing will get me to watch that film...there's more chance of someone forcing me into watching Titanic or ET.

ET? surely you jest? what an awesome film, so many levels, i managed to get hold of the vhs version, where the guys hunting the spaceship still have guns...if you like i can upload the essay i wrote on it in my third year, quality, stuff....

...clearly you fail to grasp the fact that pierce brosnan sings!

Looks promising, but it should have been left alone after number 2!

I liked T3... I just loved the idea that no-matter what, SkyNet was GOING to happen. And the Terminator was just helping him to survive the first bit.

DBZ is cool, but it's not even going to the Saiyan saga... more like the end of Dragon Ball... With Spike from Buffy as Piccolo!

I thought it was in the early days as i heard Gohan wasn't in it ?

Piccolos not even going to be green which is absurd!

I liked the Android saga meself, and the one involving the tournament, not sure what one that was.

I thought it was in the early days as i heard Gohan wasn't in it ?

Piccolos not even going to be green which is absurd!

I liked the Android saga meself, and the one involving the tournament, not sure what one that was.

No the end of Dragon Ball (i.e. before DBZ).

...clearly you fail to grasp the fact that pierce brosnan sings!

Being fully cognisant of that fact just aids my swift decision making.

Wife#1 is being sent out with a chick friend to watch it, or maybe she'll watch the one where those four ugly women moan about men and have anal sex.