Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I loved the American Pies, Road Trip, 40 Year Old Virgin and many films in the same format as that but just thought Superbad was literally Superbad! Thought it was terrible. Sorry mate.

Your world is upside down. Those films blow donky cocks.

I watched Superbad last night, it's ok I guess.

McLovin :cool:

So did I - and it was quality. Class character building and dinky one-liners, absolute head and shoulders above the production-line formulaic crap that Hollywood normally churns out under the heading of comedy.

Brilliant :D

Just come back from 'The Dark Knight', which I really enjoyed.

I thought all that stuff about Heath Ledger being nominated for an Oscar posthumously was a bit bollocksy, but that was before I'd seen the film, and now that I have I must admit that his performance is very good indeed.

The audience applauded at the end, and it wasn't even that cheesy

i didnt see anything on saturday as i was busy but i have ( a few times actually) watched 28 weeks later on sky movies.

28 weeks later (minimal - no spoilers).

First off i liked the first one a lot and wasnt sure what to expect from this one, whether they would use the same ideas from other movies or just completely kill it (excuse the pun). However i was pleasantly surprised, it was much better than other movies based on zombie virus etc etc for example, resident evil was ok but the whole superpower thing ruined that movie but 28 weeks later is different and very good because its different. its 28 weeks after mainland britain was infected with the rage virus and the military have been brought in on a clean up operation.

The effects in this film are fantastic and you really do kind of get scared of the relentless rage filled zombies. Also the empty streets of london and seeing the military with the guns and helicopters etc etc etc really does make this well........feel real, it sort of makes you feel like you are the one being brought back into the country and its really weird.it does actually get you thinking about what would happen if this situation were real, things like sporting events, celebrities, politicians etc its just really strange. But when the potential cure may have been found, obviously they need to escape (which is a great scene at wembley stadium), and on the way there is obviously another break-out which includes many gory moments. AND THE ENDING IS FANTASTICLY FREAKY.

overall i was quite thrilled by this film and wasnt sure if i would because to be honest , we know its not real but it does feel real at moments. there are some moments of quite crap acting but this is easily overwhelmed by thoughts have ' what are they going to do now?'.

a great movie in my opinion and i really enjoyed it.

8.5 -fantastic

Edited by morris1234

Had a bit of a splurge in HMV the other day and purchased:

Knocked Up

American Gangster

24 hour party people

The Assassination of Jesse James (by the coward Robert Ford)

Banlieue 13 (District 13)

Amores Perros

Good Will Hunting

Been watching a lot of spanish films recently. "Y tu Mama Tambien" for like the 15th time because it's excellent and never gets boring, "Bad Education" and "Hable con ella (talk to her)".

Had a bit of a splurge in HMV the other day and purchased:

Knocked Up

American Gangster

24 hour party people

The Assassination of Jesse James (by the coward Robert Ford)

Banlieue 13 (District 13)

Amores Perros

Good Will Hunting

Been watching a lot of spanish films recently. "Y tu Mama Tambien" for like the 15th time because it's excellent and never gets boring, "Bad Education" and "Hable con ella (talk to her)".

Didn't like Knocked up, thought it would be funnier.

American gangster I liked.

24 Hour party people, liked that too.

Good will hunting, class film.