Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Run lola Run

Quality film! I always found the bit where the hobo just wanders around in a suit with the cash buying random stuff far too funny.

To go on a German films tangent from there, I watched Goodbye Lenin again the other day. Its absolutely brilliant, its cute and lovely, sad and hilarious. German comedy - awesome. :o Properly great, although when I showed it to a mate all he did was point out how much Daniel Bruhl looks like Tim Krul, Dutch U-21 / Newcastle goalkeeper. Constantly. To go off on another tangent from there, I saw The Edukators (which also has Bruhl in) in HMV today but they wanted an absurd amount for it, but its cheap on Amazon. Is it worth it?

I've not seen the last Bourne film, but I thought the first two were pretty good action movies. Second one didn't do all that much original stuff and the shaky camera was ott, but the first I really enjoyed. Plus, as you may already have gathered from this post, Franka Potente :wub:

Edited by act smiley

Quality film! I always found the bit where the hobo just wanders around in a suit with the cash buying random stuff far too funny.

To go on a German films tangent from there, I watched Goodbye Lenin again the other day. Its absolutely brilliant, its cute and lovely, sad and hilarious. German comedy - awesome. :o Properly great, although when I showed it to a mate all he did was point out how much Daniel Bruhl looks like Tim Krul, Dutch U-21 / Newcastle goalkeeper. Constantly. To go off on another tangent from there, I saw The Edukators (which also has Bruhl in) in HMV today but they wanted an absurd amount for it, but its cheap on Amazon. Is it worth it?

I've not seen the last Bourne film, but I thought the first two were pretty good action movies. Second one didn't do all that much original stuff and the shaky camera was ott, but the first I really enjoyed. Plus, as you may already have gathered from this post, Franka Potente :wub:

I watched run lola run which was dubbed, and lola sounded like the woman voiceover on eurotrash, quite amusing. Goodbye lenin i thought was hilarious also, what was it the old woman wanted so much was it a tin of beans???

Watched a weird film tonight called The Fountain, has anyone seen it?

Anyone here ever seen the film Stay? Quality film but failed at Box Office so isn't widely known.

Big Fish is also one of my faves quality film on so many different levels.

Also love American Beauty, American History X, and Brick.

I thought the end part

with the brother/sister/husband/wife concept

the most intriguing bit of it all. First three quarters were god-awful, just a succession of quick cuts, TV coverage after TV coverage within the movie, a mishmash of all that is superhero movie-like, an annoyingly shaky camerawork ("Bourne Supremacy" springs to mind) and a pathetic soundtrack.

Charlize Theron looked fit, though. Did you notice her change of make-up towards the end? :cool:

disagAREEEEEEEEEEEEEE so mch. it was billed as a comedy iut should have stayed as a comedy, imo. i agree the idea at the end was creative but it was done so hapahazardly.

god i feel sick.i blame smutts for this. es supposed to be entertainin me on MSN so I dont post. twat!

Whats 21 grams like? I've been meaning to see that.

You should. It is one of my favourite films. Penn is brilliant in it. Its a look at guilt and how people address it. They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of our death... everyone, the weight of our guilt.

If yu get the chance guys you should check out The Big Blue [Le Grand bleu] with its fantastic cinematography.

Collateral, now thats a bloody brilliant film, plus it has a cameo from Jason Statham as the transporter

Yeah, like 5 seconds right at the beginning. :D

But I agree, it's a quality film. Love the dark atmosphere, the way it was shot and Cruise as the Big Bad Grey Wolf - a refreshing change to his usual American Hero roles.

Love it - like most of Michael Mann's movies.

Yeah, like 5 seconds right at the beginning. :D

But I agree, it's a quality film. Love the dark atmosphere, the way it was shot and Cruise as the Big Bad Grey Wolf - a refreshing change to his usual American Hero roles.

Love it - like most of Michael Mann's movies.

Agree!

Michael Mann's work for me is right up there. My favourite film of all time is Heat (1995) that he did with Pacino and De Niro, plus Collateral is fantastice, especially the nightclub scene, oh and who could forget Ali. Brilliant film!

I watched run lola run which was dubbed, and lola sounded like the woman voiceover on eurotrash, quite amusing.

Haha, brilliant!

Goodbye lenin i thought was hilarious also, what was it the old woman wanted so much was it a tin of beans???

Can't remember! Was either peas or beans, I think.

Has anyone ever seen Gigli?

I love crappy films for example i've watched Paris Hiltons last 3 films - The Hottie And The Nottie, House Of Wax and that one with Jason Mewes.

But i can't bring myself to watch it, everytime i try i find an excuse and watch summat else instead lol.