Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Anything But Rumours

I'm on board. There are so few realistic choices and Pardew is one guy who seems to believe in proper football.

He's had some experience, enjoyed some success in our division and will be raring to stick it up the Hammers' Board's arses at some later date in the not-to-distant future.

Any appointment is a risk and all managers have bad times, but this one would at least make a statement of intent. He'll have good contacts in London and along the Thames Valley which would be a bonus.

I'm not nearly so sure about the David Dunn bit though. Injury plagued players are never top of my wanted list.

I'm on board. There are so few realistic choices and Pardew is one guy who seems to believe in proper football.

Brilliant!

His record is a pretty good one, and he likes the kind of football that even our Thracian would like to see.

Could he be any more perfect? :);):D:ph34r:

PS: Ricey, if you're reading this, we need some Alan Pardew bandwagon graphics and such. ;)lol:ph34r:

:worship:

With the sacking of Pardew today, I'd like to take this opportunity to officially start the Pardew Bandwagon.

All Aboard!

Alan Pardew IN! Assuming, that is, Milan will sack RK anyway. Everyone on here seems to think that's a certainty anyway. :scarf:

:ph34r:

I'm on!

I don't see how anyone COULD be anti-Pardew, it's just a case of would he come here?

With Mandaric I'd say we'd have a good chance of getting him, since there's not really any jobs going in the Prem at the minute. Some money here and a decent set up could quite tempt him. Without Mandaric's money though we'd never be able to get him.

I'm in, I couldn't believe West Ham were so stupid as to get rid of Pardew... and if he is willing to join a Championship club in the hope of getting it to the PL next season... then by all means, The Foxes are the place to be... :)

VOTE 1 PARDEW... :)

He has left Hearts by 'mutual consent' so will just move for free, so none of our players would go the other way, but apparently can't sign on with another club until January. I dont understand why - hes a free agent now

I think you'll find it's mutual consent that he can look for another club and doesn't have to report for training. He's still contracted there.

can't see pardew coming, more likely he'll go over to charlton (bout 3 miles down the road).

Not sure if Pardew would want to make the journey from his South London abode.......saw him at my son's sports day last year taking calls to sign Carlton Cole. However, he may be tempted by MM's (supposed) cash & LCFC on equal par with Reading, West Ham, Charlton, Palace etc.....however, he may wait for Charlton or Palace vacancies.............

Sweet Jesus no.

Would our fans stand for what is now West Ham's woeful record this season? I think not. There would be polls calling for his head.

I feel like Ultra, but without the abuse.....

Were fans calling for Micky Adams head at this stage of the 2003/04 season?

Were fans calling for Micky Adams head at this stage of the 2003/04 season?

No... but to be honest i think we where playing better at this stage in that season than West Ham are this season, However with Curbs looking like he'll takeover, I say Pardew would be an excellent choice, somthing was up at WestHam and I'm not sure if it was Pardew, seemed like somthing was up amoungst the players (folks like Reo-Coker, Harewood, Benayoun havent been performing this season at all).

I have heard from two sources close to the club that :-

a) MM wants Todorov (Portsmouth - on loan to Wigan) and Alexei Smerten (former Russian captain and Chelsea player) to be his first two players

b) Ian Dowie will be the next Manager

What do you think ?

Heard worse rumours.

a) MM wants Todorov (Portsmouth - on loan to Wigan) and Alexei Smerten (former Russian captain and Chelsea player) to be his first two players

What do you think ?

Wouldn't mind either of them. Thought Smertin was good at Charlton. If we could get him I think he would be a big improvement on what we have already but I am not convinced he would come. Currently playing for Dynamo Moscow according to Wikipedia. Reckon Todorov would be get us a few goals too.

Think Dowie will go to Hull. He isn't going to stick around to see if anything 'comes available'.

What do you think ?

Hmmmm i heard this too! Either someone is spreading rumors or it may be true! :ph34r:

Mandaric won't dictate who the manager signs I wouldn't have thought. He might recommend a few players who he might be able to get for us, but I doubt MM has revealed to anyone what players he fancies asking the manager to get.

Todorov has been injured for about 3 seasons anyway.

Archived