Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

9 hours ago, smitha said:

Must have been a better day for batting, they looked hopeless in the first innings, or bowling below standard. That's the problem with this side they are so inconsistent so frustrating because when they are on it they look a decent side, trouble is these days are few and far between.

Looks like the heavy roller totally flattened the pitch out 

Bowled after today. Still struggling. 

Wright has bowled so many poor balls after bowling so well Sunday? 

Griffiths seems to be down on pace low on confidence. I like him though. He will come back. 

We need a spinner 

1 hour ago, Cake said:

Bowled after today. Still struggling. 

Wright has bowled so many poor balls after bowling so well Sunday? 

Griffiths seems to be down on pace low on confidence. I like him though. He will come back. 

We need a spinner 

Yep Griffiths looks a shadow of the bowler we seen last season.Good to see Mike in the runs for Warwickshire currently 68no.

Can't get along today so will listen.

Big day. A 150 all out and the wheels could fall off for the whole season.  

Don't like the night watchman theory when the balls doing nothing. Horton played a bad shot no demons out there. 

Edited by Cake

See old iron leg Dexter put LBW again, I wouldn't give him another year. Had his moments but with all the time he misses and no consistency time to move on. 

Seems to get that front leg stuck in front of the bat so often. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Same old to the point its tiring. 

Every year we have the lines from the financial directors and chairmen. The main reason we are losing support is that we are w**k. 

The sad thing is we are man for man a much better side then the likes of Derby.Cant afford to carry passengers like Dearden Hill and Davis though

How you can lose a game after bowling out a team for 117 in the first innings is beyond me. Just not good enough and have to agree that people are getting fed up with getting beat every game and this hardly helps to generate a new fan base.

Badly need some investment or it is only going to continue or get worse you have to worry for the county's future.

Should be able to bat a full day on a pitch like that. 

Raine is decent but not exactly a world beater. Just very poor today. They should just be honest and say that. 

Dearden still not good enough to play red ball cricket. Said it before. Say it again. Average of 22 as a batsman in Division 2. 

Find another career

36 minutes ago, Cake said:

Should be able to bat a full day on a pitch like that. 

Raine is decent but not exactly a world beater. Just very poor today. They should just be honest and say that. 

Dearden still not good enough to play red ball cricket. Said it before. Say it again. Average of 22 as a batsman in Division 2. 

Find another career

The sad thing with Dearden  though is that this year he has looked very impressive just finds Ways of getting out that Lbw decision today looked a shocker as well which don't help.Massive shame Tom Taylor spends so much ch time on the treatment table that's why Derby got rid .Good to see Cozzie finding some form just needs to turn those 60s into 100s though.Need to get a new contact sorted out for Azad asap 

45 minutes ago, smitha said:

How you can lose a game after bowling out a team for 117 in the first innings is beyond me. Just not good enough and have to agree that people are getting fed up with getting beat every game and this hardly helps to generate a new fan base.

Badly need some investment or it is only going to continue or get worse you have to worry for the county's future.

At least we are competive this season apart from the Worcs game we have competed in every match had the biggest crowd for a championship match in 4 years on Sunday  as well its not all doom and gloom keep a look for for Alex Evans great young prospect according to Matt Mason

47 minutes ago, everton carr said:

At least we are competive this season apart from the Worcs game we have competed in every match had the biggest crowd for a championship match in 4 years on Sunday  as well its not all doom and gloom keep a look for for Alex Evans great young prospect according to Matt Mason

Not all doom and gloom I agree. 

I would be more brutal with contracts going forward, get Assad on a longer deal. 

I would let Dexter, Horton, Klein, Parkinson, Hill, Ali, Javid all go. 

Not sure if we can let some go have to look at the contracts? 

Wouldn't go mad signing anyone else up either, plenty of loans and trialists out there. 

Azurullah would have been a good season long deal but we had so many flops on deals couldn't do it. 

1 hour ago, Cake said:

Not all doom and gloom I agree. 

I would be more brutal with contracts going forward, get Assad on a longer deal. 

I would let Dexter, Horton, Klein, Parkinson, Hill, Ali, Javid all go. 

Not sure if we can let some go have to look at the contracts? 

Wouldn't go mad signing anyone else up either, plenty of loans and trialists out there. 

Azurullah would have been a good season long deal but we had so many flops on deals couldn't do it. 

Horton on contract for next season think Hill and Parkinson are as well though not totally sure former Notts bowler Ben Kitt currently on trial