Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

6 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

The stats suggest otherwise I’m afraid. All the teams yup quote have won more games than us

only the rain stopped us winning at Lords Cozzie madness stopped us beating Derby and the Middlesex home match a total write off  pretty sure we would have beaten Northants also had we a full 4 days.How many Durham Gloucs Derby players would get in our side not many they have no one anywhere near as good as Azad or Abbas

6 hours ago, everton carr said:

only the rain stopped us winning at Lords Cozzie madness stopped us beating Derby and the Middlesex home match a total write off  pretty sure we would have beaten Northants also had we a full 4 days.How many Durham Gloucs Derby players would get in our side not many they have no one anywhere near as good as Azad or Abbas

This is my original point really mate. I think we are under performing a bit 

Been with my son who lives in Canterbury. Took me to Kent V Warks. Mike opened yesterday, down on pace and struggled with his line. Kent are an improving side but he was taken apart really. 

Get some overs under the belt you never know. 

Zak Crawley looks good. 

On 28/06/2019 at 13:21, everton carr said:

I think we have a best eleven for site some time. Had no luck. 

8 hours ago, Cake said:

Been with my son who lives in Canterbury. Took me to Kent V Warks. Mike opened yesterday, down on pace and struggled with his line. Kent are an improving side but he was taken apart really. 

Zak Crawley looks good. 

What kind of crowds do they get at Kent? Good few more then we do I would imagine

2 hours ago, everton carr said:

What kind of crowds do they get at Kent? Good few more then we do I would imagine

It was a Sunday but yep 1,200 ish. I guess it's quite some distance to the nearest county ground. It's exspencive 25 pound for a Championship day. 

It's a nice ground. Has new flats built at one end, they don't look to bad. 

Saw Hartley Alleyne in their club shop, for those of you old enough to remember him . Looks fit enough to still play. Must be 60 plus. 

30 minutes ago, Cake said:

It was a Sunday but yep 1,200 ish. I guess it's quite some distance to the nearest county ground. It's exspencive 25 pound for a Championship day. 

It's a nice ground. Has new flats built at one end, they don't look to bad. 

Saw Hartley Alleyne in their club shop, for those of you old enough to remember him . Looks fit enough to still play. Must be 60 plus. 

Remember Hartley Alleyne playing at Welford road next to Knighton park in the late 1980s for the MCC against Leicester University happy days amazing how many big names I watched down there as a kid happy days

• Like 1

5 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Did you guys see that Javeed and Dearden put on over 400 for the first wicket for the Scoobies yesterday. Both hit double hundreds. Well done to them both, and I guess it served to illustrate the huge gap between seconds and first team cricket.

Indeed Javid has always scored huge  runs for the seconds just not good enough to make the step up sadly

15 hours ago, everton carr said:

Remember Hartley Alleyne playing at Welford road next to Knighton park in the late 1980s for the MCC against Leicester University happy days amazing how many big names I watched down there as a kid happy days

It was incredible how close up to the stars of the day you could get then. I saw West Indies at Griff and Coton in Nuneaton. They were playing a warm up. I couldn't get over the size of Joel Garner! Those hands. 

You consider Wayne Daniels, Eldine Baptiste, Hartley Alleyne etc couldn't even get near the first team! 

I think Wayne Daniels spell at Grace road playing for Middlesex was the quickest I've seen. Agnew batting nearly stood in the umpires toes at square leg!

6 hours ago, Cake said:

It was incredible how close up to the stars of the day you could get then. I saw West Indies at Griff and Coton in Nuneaton. They were playing a warm up. I couldn't get over the size of Joel Garner! Those hands. 

You consider Wayne Daniels, Eldine Baptiste, Hartley Alleyne etc couldn't even get near the first team! 

I think Wayne Daniels spell at Grace road playing for Middlesex was the quickest I've seen. Agnew batting nearly stood in the umpires toes at square leg!

Think Sylvester Clarke was the quickest West Indies bowler.remember after reading that we needed about 10 to avoid the follow on against Surrey having just lost our 9th wicket and David Gower declared because he was scared for the safety of Les Taylor having to come out to face Clarke

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1 July 2019 at 21:31, Cake said:

Zak Crawley looks good. 

Nearly 1k runs scored at Kent for the loss of 10 wickets reckon even the likes of Javid and Dearden would have scored about 40 on that track?

Nearly 1k runs scored at Kent for the loss of 10 wickets reckon even the likes of Javid and Dearden would have scored about 40 on that track?

Yes agreed. Looked like rolled straw on Sunday and I expect it's got flatter. 

I guess strong in batting. Good result if they stay up. 

Think Sylvester Clarke was the quickest West Indies bowler.remember after reading that we needed about 10 to avoid the follow on against Surrey having just lost our 9th wicket and David Gower declared because he was scared for the safety of Les Taylor having to come out to face Clarke

Used to throw a beamer  in once in a while to keep it fresh!

Edited by Cake

12 hours ago, everton carr said:

Ridiculous that 14 wickets in 4 days with no delays. Didn't even get to a second innings. Poor advert for the game.