Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

I think we are getting there with no money and a threadbare squad.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. Azad, and Azad as a solution to opener.

2. Dexter's return and it's strenght to the bowling in certain conditions.

3. Tom Taylor back to fitness.

4. Cosgrove potentially working back to form and Ackerman.

Reasons to be concerned.

1. Lack of penetration on the bowling front. Maybe Griffiths deserves a run.

2. Lack of a quality spinner.

3. No money if injuries start to take their toll.

4. We're going to get beasted in the T20.

1 hour ago, MaidstoneFox said:

If anyone is interested in Associate cricket, Jersey have just qualified for the t20 World Cup qualifiers in October taking place in the UAE. They included one Nick Ferraby, who played a few games for Leicestershire and I believe also played for Kibworth. He moved to Jersey a few years ago and is now a Minister.

Jersey just edged it over Germany, who Dieter Klein had signed up to play for along with Craig Meschede of Glamorgan, but Dieter turned out for us in the Gloucestershire game instead - not sure why. Would have been a first for Germany to reach those qualifiers and they lost out on a run rate of 0.05!

I wondered if that was the same guy. Yeah, did play for Kibworth.

Good to see Germany get so far. there's clearly competition and development among the associate nations, even if the ICC want to keep turning a blind eye to it.

6 hours ago, HaroldBazBo said:

I think we are getting there with no money and a threadbare squad.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. Azad, and Azad as a solution to opener.

2. Dexter's return and it's strenght to the bowling in certain conditions.

3. Tom Taylor back to fitness.

4. Cosgrove potentially working back to form and Ackerman.

Reasons to be concerned.

1. Lack of penetration on the bowling front. Maybe Griffiths deserves a run.

2. Lack of a quality spinner.

3. No money if injuries start to take their toll.

4. We're going to get beasted in the T20.

T20 does concern me. Who do you think will open? My guess would be Dexter and Dearden with Cosgrove and Ackermann 3 and 4. After that we've got nothing. Wonder if Azad will be given a go in t20? Not sure.

41 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

T20 does concern me. Who do you think will open? My guess would be Dexter and Dearden with Cosgrove and Ackermann 3 and 4. After that we've got nothing. Wonder if Azad will be given a go in t20? Not sure.

Aaron Lilley has opened for Lancs in the T20 Lewis Hill and Tom Taylor can be useful as well hope they take another look at Munsey  would leave Azad for red ball cricket

I would like to see more of Munsey. Karl Brown playing club cricket could open. Chesney Hughes playing club cricket. Afghan opener Hasratullah states he is playing club cricket after the world cup also so he could be worth a look. 

Luke Ronchi!

Players are there you don't need to give them long contracts or anything. 

Edited by Cake

16 hours ago, Cake said:

I would like to see more of Munsey. Karl Brown playing club cricket could open. Chesney Hughes playing club cricket. Afghan opener Hasratullah states he is playing club cricket after the world cup also so he could be worth a look. 

Luke Ronchi!

Players are there you don't need to give them long contracts or anything. 

Good test for the 2nds at Grace Road on Monday T20 game v Notts who should inc the likes of Hales Footitt Chappell Gurney etc it's a double header I believe first game at 11.30

• Like 1

On 21/06/2019 at 11:02, everton carr said:

We actually have a bigger squad then most sides with 20 full time pros Northants for example have 16 they just get players on loan like Overton and Coles if they have injuries.Its just that some of that 20 like Javid and Ali are not good enough

And importantly they mostly all play all forms of the game rather than having a larger squad with players who only play Championship cricket or only 1 day cricket 

On 21/06/2019 at 16:14, Walshy5 said:

Every T20 last season we’d seem to be 30 odd for 3 after 6 overs then stumble along to 150 unless 1 player had a miracle innings (Raine, Nabbi) 180 minimum is needed to have a chance of victory, id go Hill and Deardon opening,

4 hours ago, smitha said:

Azad passes 50 again looks to be a real find and opening batsman as well, if only we could find another couple of gems for the batting lineup like him.

Well he has been fantastic. 

For once I can say I thought he would do well. I actually said it last year on the forum. Makes up for all of my other failed predictions! 

I would like to see Sam Evans have a run now for the rest of the season. Deardon to make way. 

24 minutes ago, Cake said:

Well he has been fantastic. 

For once I can say I thought he would do well. I actually said it last year on the forum. Makes up for all of my other failed predictions! 

I would like to see Sam Evans have a run now for the rest of the season. Deardon to make way. 

Quite like Deardon had a good spell at the start of the season hopefully he will come good. Evans is worth a shout give him a good run of games to see how he does.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, everton carr said:

Good call sir

Well this is my finest moment!

Dissapointing today. Lost a day I know but no attempt to set up a game. A draw suits nobody. Used to get results in 3 days when we only had 3 days play with!

1 minute ago, everton carr said:

Azad reminds me very much of Shiv Chanderpaul neither are ever going to be elegant and both don't seem to have many shots in the locker but boy they know how to score runs and not give there wicket away

He’s got a skill which a lot of modern day cricketers haven’t, the ability to concentrate for long periods, perfect for 4 day cricket 

6 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Well that’s pretty much half the season gone. Played 16, won 3. Us and Northants the worst two teams. I don’t expect miracles, but I think we are underperforming a bit. Let’s hope for a better T20 campaign to lift the mood

Don't agree with that we are better then Derby Gloucs Durham as Weil although think the T20 will be a disaster