Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

13 minutes ago, everton carr said:

So with Taylor ruled out Abbas not playing Horton Azad and probably Javid not T20 players we have a squad of 15 players for the T20 if we win 2 matches I will be amazed

I think Javid will play t20 purely because of lack of numbers. Here's what I think the team for the first game will be:-

Dearden 

Dexter

Cosgrove

Ackermann 

Lilley

Mike

Javid

Hill

Parkinson

Klein

Griffiths 

9 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

I think Javid will play t20 purely because of lack of numbers. Here's what I think the team for the first game will be:-

Dearden 

Dexter

Cosgrove

Ackermann 

Lilley

Mike

Javid

Hill

Parkinson

Klein

Griffiths 

What an exciting side that looks bet Notts Yorks Lancs etc wish they could field a side that strong?? not sure Klein will play he goes for about 6 an over even in red ball cricket

17 minutes ago, everton carr said:

What an exciting side that looks bet Notts Yorks Lancs etc wish they could field a side that strong?? not sure Klein will play he goes for about 6 an over even in red ball cricket

Yep we'll be cannon fodder for sure. Who would you put in place of Klein? 

4 hours ago, everton carr said:

4 hours ago, everton carr said:

Amused me!

3 here that would improve us all either can't get a game or don't have a contract. 

Karl Brown  Chesnry Hughes and Adam Rouse of Kent wicket keeper batsman. 

Rouse in particular hasn't had a look in for Kent. Good player. They have 3 good keepers. 

All playing club cricket or 2s. Tell me they don't improve that side! 

Cost next to nothing!

Even the Scots lad worth another look. 

5 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Dearden 

Dexter

Cosgrove

Ackermann 

Lilley

Mike

Javid

Hill

Parkinson

Klein

Griffiths 

Javid had pretty good stats in T20s for Warwickshire, where they had largely used him as a white ball player. Azad had some great white ball knocks for the 2nds last year at a high strike rate, so he is capable of scoring quickly. Might go with this team initially and see how Dexter plays, if he doesn't contribute then i'd bring in Dearden. However you juggle it, the side lacks power batting and strike bowling, you can only hope that they can all get a few runs and the slow bowlers (potentially 4 in there) keep it tight.

Azad

Cosgrove

Lilley

Ackerman

Dexter

Javid

Swindells

Mike

Parkinson

Wright

Griffiths

5 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Javid had pretty good stats in T20s for Warwickshire, where they had largely used him as a white ball player. Azad had some great white ball knocks for the 2nds last year at a high strike rate, so he is capable of scoring quickly. Might go with this team initially and see how Dexter plays, if he doesn't contribute then i'd bring in Dearden. However you juggle it, the side lacks power batting and strike bowling, you can only hope that they can all get a few runs and the slow bowlers (potentially 4 in there) keep it tight.

Azad

Cosgrove

Lilley

Ackerman

Dexter

Javid

Swindells

Mike

Parkinson

Wright

Griffiths

Think Swindells and Hill will both play.Don Butchard an academy player even though he's almost 21 might be worth a look had a couple of good knocks in the T20 with the 2nds recently

1 hour ago, everton carr said:

Hers a question guys how many of our players will get gigs in the hundred next year.Apart from Ackerman and maybe Cozzie not sure anyone else will.We maybe have a chance in the 50 over completion next year

Yep. I'd say none. 

Taylor if fit, Ackerman possible. 

Nobody else even near it 

Since 2011 we have played 159 championship games and won just 16 of them. 5 of them were last season. No wonder our crowds are so poor and our morale as fans so low. A decade of being also rans.

and the truth is I don’t know how we can get out of the downward spiral. Frankly who will come and play for us rather then aging pros seeking a final pay cheque, and we have enough of them already.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Since 2011 we have played 159 championship games and won just 16 of them. 5 of them were last season. No wonder our crowds are so poor and our morale as fans so low. A decade of being also rans.

and the truth is I don’t know how we can get out of the downward spiral. Frankly who will come and play for us rather then aging pros seeking a final pay cheque, and we have enough of them already.

Wow ? that’s cheered me up no end! Add to that no away Championship century since 2017.

Id bite the bullet and stop signing older pros and scout around other counties second teams, there must be some decent youngsters not getting a game around.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cake said:

Agreed. As I said yesterday Adam Rouse at Kent, Chesney Hughes, Callum Haggert, Vurdi at Surry, Ollie Raynor, Ben Mike......

None of the above playing 

Chesney Hughes played a few matches for the 2nds. Last season .Ben Mike batted well for Warwickshire  not to impressive bowling figures though

11 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

We've had 16 terrible years of first-class cricket. Only two (2010 and 2016) where we looked like a half decent side. We can't have won more than 35 games in those 16 years.

10 hours ago, Corky said:

We've had 16 terrible years of first-class cricket. Only two (2010 and 2016) where we looked like a half decent side. We can't have won more than 35 games in those 16 years.

But the amazing thing is that our membership hasn't really dropped that much remember going down in the glory years 1996/98 and the crowds were pretty similar to what they get at the moment

• Like 1

Less of the downward spiral. I'm sure Glamorgan fans were saying the same thing.

They are totally skint too and they are flying this year.

Our first win after nearly two years was away at Essex. The year after they went up and then won the CC.

Funny things can happen given the right coaching staff who are now in place and a suit in charge who isn't deluded.

4 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I don’t think we ever truly recovered from the Neil Burns saga, he split the dressing room and we lost some good players, bar the odd decent season it’s been a real struggle 

What's the story? I'm a younger fan so don't know much about when we were good lol.