Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I reckon there’s quite a few Minor Counties who would have performed better than us over recent years. 

Disagree the standard of cricket in the minor counties way below first class level Jac Du Toit averaged well over 60 playing a full season with Northumberland the season after leaving the County  most players who get let go by the Counties suddenly lift there average from about 25 to 50 plus.Watch how many runs Javid scores if he plays Minor Counties cricket next season

31 minutes ago, Lionator said:

What's the story? I'm a younger fan so don't know much about when we were good lol.

I don’t know too much only Burns came in after Nixon left for Kent and proved to be trouble causing a massive split in the dressing room contributing to stalwarts like Sutcliffe Smith and Maddy leaving for one reason or another, long time ago, but besides the T20 success things have not been the same since.

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I don’t know too much only Burns came in after Nixon left for Kent and proved to be trouble causing a massive split in the dressing room contributing to stalwarts like Sutcliffe Smith and Maddy leaving for one reason or another, long time ago, but besides the T20 success things have not been the same since.

Yep Heard Burns caused trouble in the changing room.Always came across as a really nice guy when I spoke to him so was very surprised.

Chapple went off the field didn't come back. Pressume injured although 4th change bowler doesn't do much for your confidence. 

This will sound silly but we are not that far off. Just have a really bad session every match. 

In the championship I still think we can manage a push up the league I really do. 

Got to stop giving dead wood contracts though. 12 full timers loans and short term contracts will improve us. 

Doesn't seem like a big squad but I still think it's to large. 

Have faith!

Edited by Cake

41 minutes ago, Cake said:

Chapple went off the field didn't come back. Pressume injured although 4th change bowler doesn't do much for your confidence. 

This will sound silly but we are not that far off. Just have a really bad session every match. 

In the championship I still think we can manage a push up the league I really do. 

Got to stop giving dead wood contracts though. 12 full timers loans and short term contracts will improve us. 

Doesn't seem like a big squad but I still think it's to large. 

Have faith!

Who would you let go?

24 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Do hope a few more get down Grace Road now, we don’t half need the support and cash.

Well they're basically dropping one day cricket from next season. Hopefully the hundred will mean that people will make a stand and support the county T20 more.

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Well they're basically dropping one day cricket from next season. Hopefully the hundred will mean that people will make a stand and support the county T20 more.

This is what makes the decision to downgrade the 50 over comp even more ridiculous, we’ve just seen England win a nail biting 50 over World Cup and the ECB basically just ? on the domestic 50 and 20 over competitions in preference of a new format that wasn’t wanted and isn’t needed, it’ll be the death of 6 or 7 counties eventually, us obviously being one of them. 

Counties voted on it because of the promise of ££££ but by doing so they’ve grabbed some short term cash but sold themselves down the river long term. 

24 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Or it could mean more are attracted to the Hundred.

6 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Makes me angry, we’re tribal in this country, we support our towns and cities not some glorified regional Nottingham side, I don’t think many of us are proud East Midlanders, we have no affinity to a regional side, it’s Nottingham and that’s that.

Rant over.

I was at an event recently where Mick Newell was a speaker and he said that a lot of the Notts team wont be from Notts/Derby/Leicester and stated that Samit Patel has already signed up with the Birmingham team. It's a mess.

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

Or it could mean more are attracted to the Hundred.

Hopefully not. Cricket is so obsessed with gaining new fans that they've forgotten about those that love the sport but have drifted in and out for various reasons. And of course existing fans.

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Hopefully not. Cricket is so obsessed with gaining new fans that they've forgotten about those that love the sport but have drifted in and out for various reasons. And of course existing fans.

Some Hundred games will be on terrestrial TV with no doubt a huge load of marketing done. Current fans are being ignored to the point that Championship games are played on weekdays and the season has little consistency in terms of scheduling of different formats.

I fear county cricket will drift into nothingness soon.

9 hours ago, Lionator said:

I was at an event recently where Mick Newell was a speaker and he said that a lot of the Notts team wont be from Notts/Derby/Leicester and stated that Samit Patel has already signed up with the Birmingham team. It's a mess.

Won't be many players from  Leicester and Derby playing for anyone in the hundred