Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, everton carr said:

Think Abbas will have to take about 12 of them the rest look pretty poor again missing Taylor big time Chris Wright looks a very poor signing so far expected much more from him

Is taylor injured again?

8 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I'd say textbook Leicestershire, but at least we put some runs on the board this time. Pitch must be an absolute road.

On a different note- Anderson and Onions are way too good for div 2. Combined figures of 17-104 against Derbyshire.

Helps when you can keep a world class player in your squad and have the national team hold his main contract.

Huge surprise the best Test match bowler in the world is knocking over second division county players.

Flat wicket or not it's nothing short of criminal to allow a team like Gloucestershire to get over 500 after being 16-3 and 131-5 under what should have been massive scoreboard pressure after we posted 487. They basically scored not far short of 400 after lunch alone! And it's not as if we have come up against high quality international batsmen - they had a no 7 getting 200! When will we ever be properly competitive again? Today has really p1ssed me off. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we ended up somehow losing this game now.

Frustrating certainly. With the exception of Lancashire there is nothing special about any of the sides in the division. 

If we could just get a few results together!

Kent just about holding their own in Division 1,  we beat them inside 2 days!

1 hour ago, Cake said:

Pitch is dead as a door nail. I could bat on it. 

Just makes for dull cricket. 

I think the weather in the 7or8 days leading up to this game meant the Groundsman had to use last weeks Middlesex pitch, yes it’s dull but sooner county got a draw rather than being skittled out on a green top.

45 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Every Gloucestershire player bar the WK has had a bowl in the 2nd innings lol

That's what I love about this standard of cricket and the game in general. Knowing there's not gonna be a result they're like 'both of you can get tons if you want'. Batsmen will be like 'let everyone bowl and we'll see what we can do' lol

As I've said that wicket to me is as bad as a green top. 

A bowler who is top 10 in the world got nothing out of it after the first few overs. Not good. 

We had the best bowler in the game so had nothing to fear. 

Appreciate the weather's been difficult but wow. Just dead

1 hour ago, Cake said:

As I've said that wicket to me is as bad as a green top. 

A bowler who is top 10 in the world got nothing out of it after the first few overs. Not good. 

We had the best bowler in the game so had nothing to fear. 

Appreciate the weather's been difficult but wow. Just dead

We’d of been put in on a green top and all out for a 100 and more than likely lost the game, at least we took 11pts (I think) I agree that type of wicket is not particularly good for the game, Nixon sums things up well in the post match interview.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We’d of been put in on a green top and all out for a 100 and more than likely lost the game, at least we took 11pts (I think) I agree that type of wicket is not particularly good for the game, Nixon sums things up well in the post match interview.

True enough. Good to see the batting improve. 

If anyone is interested in Associate cricket, Jersey have just qualified for the t20 World Cup qualifiers in October taking place in the UAE. They included one Nick Ferraby, who played a few games for Leicestershire and I believe also played for Kibworth. He moved to Jersey a few years ago and is now a Minister.

Jersey just edged it over Germany, who Dieter Klein had signed up to play for along with Craig Meschede of Glamorgan, but Dieter turned out for us in the Gloucestershire game instead - not sure why. Would have been a first for Germany to reach those qualifiers and they lost out on a run rate of 0.05!

Edited by MaidstoneFox