Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

14 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/29293366/black-people-not-important-structure-english-cricket

Interview with Michael Carberry, talks a bit about his time at Leicestershire. I hope the coach he refers to isn't Nixon.

Would be utterly utterly staggered if it was Nixon.

Known him almost 30 years, don't think I've heard him say a bad word about anyone.

• Like 2

Leicestershire are hoping to revive the Oakham Cricket Festival and make it a permanent part of the Foxes' county schedule.

Incoming chief executive Sean Jarvis said he wanted to see Oakham achieve a similar status to that enjoyed by Scarborough, the Yorkshire outground which stages one of the most popular cricket festivals in the domestic game.

"I'm a massive fan of the Scarborough Festival and don't see why we shouldn't be ambitious and aim to emulate it," Jarvis said.

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/leicestershire/leicestershire_keen_bring_back_oakham__school_cricket_festival.html

Not sure it could ever be comparable to Scarborough but love the level of ambition rooted in something which is clearly practically achievable.

Andwered a few question in person on line. He can do no worse. 

Having a small squad might help us get through this year

Fewer mouths to feed as it were. Speaking of feeding i imagine Cosgrove will go. Horton and Wright also. Although i like Wright tbh

On 26/06/2020 at 16:26, Silebyfox_89 said:

He does come across as a more hands on CEO already, i like how he's more social media orientated in this modern age.

Let's hope he's a successful appointment.

Agreed. He has good communication skills,  bundles of energy and plenty of positiveness. Best of luck to him

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53323338

Red ball likely to be a regional competition, 3 groups of 6 with 5 games each, then the top 2 from the three groups playing a final at Lords

Good that we're going to get something resembling a Championship. I wondered whether they might cut games down to three days this year, as that would still constitute First Class. Hope whatever they've come up with benefits the counties who are struggling - will be good for us to play opponents who would have been in a higher league otherwise.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Cricinfo suggested we voted to start the season with a List A tournament, but were happy for First Class competition to go ahead. Also that we might start the season at Kibworth due to lockdown.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/29423033/counties-offered-opt-hampshire-express-red-ball-reservations

Suggests we had no other option if we wanted to be confident of retaining first class status in the future. 

As there's no clear strategy in place for bringing Leicester out of the lockdown, it's hard to know if August 1st will be a viable date for a home game for Leics, but they could schedule an away game first I guess. On the issue of hotel stays, surely having a regional competition means hotels aren't always necessary. If we play Derbyshire, it would be possible for players to get back home in the evening and then back up for a morning a start. Obviously not possible for the Durham game! Certainly I've travelled further playing local league games.