Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

5 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

A few questions regarding t20 for those that may know. 1st. When are the fixtures out? 2nd is Malan still going to play for us 3rd What's happen to Cosgrove and 4th is Slater available for t20?

According to the link I posted above we're looking at Curtis Campher as a potential replacement. Think the fixtures are meant to be out in the next few days.

28 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

According to the link I posted above we're looking at Curtis Campher as a potential replacement. Think the fixtures are meant to be out in the next few days.

Low a useful player.Still don't understand why Aaron Lilley can't get a game can't be any worse then Rhodes

• Like 1

I think it's all about survival for County now. We're arguably the weakest of the professional Counties, we have a very small membership, and no mega rich backer. Any win, frankly, will be a bonus. I think next season, if we survive the winter, we will need to have about 15 professionals, and borrow players from other Counties. That's unless we can find 19 year olds like the Kent lad who scored a double hundred yesterday. I'd hate it if the Club no longer existed, but we were in a weak position before the pandemic.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

I think it's all about survival for County now. We're arguably the weakest of the professional Counties, we have a very small membership, and no mega rich backer. Any win, frankly, will be a bonus. I think next season, if we survive the winter, we will need to have about 15 professionals, and borrow players from other Counties. That's unless we can find 19 year olds like the Kent lad who scored a double hundred yesterday. I'd hate it if the Club no longer existed, but we were in a weak position before the pandemic.

I still don't understand why we can't at least be at the level of the likes of Derbyshire, Gloucestershire and Northamptonshire, all of whom seem to manage to be a lot more competitive with, I assume, a similar budget.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

23 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I'd probably let Rhodes and Hill go. I know Swindells isn't quite there yet as a keeper, but I am certain he's going to be a better player than Hill long term.

Rhodes is in the first full year of a three year contract. I know.  I think this point perhaps answers the question posed by @Sunbury Fox earlier on. We've tended to spend the limited resources we have rather poorly in recent years

18 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Rhodes is in the first full year of a three year contract. I know.  I think this point perhaps answers the question posed by @Sunbury Fox earlier on. We've tended to spend the limited resources we have rather poorly in recent years

There was palpable shock when he was signed on a 3 year deal last season, but he needs to be given time next year. I hope Lewis Hill takes the role of back-up keeper to Swindells in the next couple of years. He's our longest serving player, which is a little tragic.

3 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

There was palpable shock when he was signed on a 3 year deal last season, but he needs to be given time next year. I hope Lewis Hill takes the role of back-up keeper to Swindells in the next couple of years. He's our longest serving player, which is a little tragic.

I comment this often, but when I see MaidstoneFox posting in the Leicestershire CCC thread, it always takes me aback a little as I wonder if its my alter ego.

With Slater recalled I do hope they finally give Sam Evans the 3 games to see what he can deliver. Lots of runs at Uni and second team level, like Azad, so he needs a run knowing he won’t be dropped if he fails a couple of times. Leicester lad, City supporter. One of our own and all that.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

With Slater recalled I do hope they finally give Sam Evans the 3 games to see what he can deliver. Lots of runs at Uni and second team level, like Azad, so he needs a run knowing he won’t be dropped if he fails a couple of times. Leicester lad, City supporter. One of our own and all that.

Agree pointless him being contracted if he is not given an opportunity. 

Also lets give Lilley a go. Come on. Again if we dont why give him a red ball contract? 

13 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Don't think they have a choice

With Slater and Malan not available now then surely we have to sign at least one batsman for t20 else we'll get just get embarrassed every game. What's happened to Cosgrove? Yes I know it sounds desperate. Also how long is Hill out for? 

Edited by Walshy5