Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Just a bit of hypohetical fun. I reckon our best T20 side:

1. Malan

2. Lilley

3. Cosgrove

4. Swindles

5. Ackers

6. Hill

7. Rhodes or Mike

8. Left arm overseas player who can whack it

9. Tommy Taylor 

10. Gav Griffiths

11. Will Davis

what do you think? 

• Like 1

What do you reckon our best ever T20 team would look like? Not necessarily the best players for us but from their overall career too.

Sehwag

Afridi

Maddy

Hodge

Al Hasan

Nixon

Kevin O'Brien

Snape

Jerome Taylor

Broad

Henderson

1 hour ago, Corky said:

What do you reckon our best ever T20 team would look like? Not necessarily the best players for us but from their overall career too.

Sehwag

Afridi

Maddy

Hodge

Al Hasan

Nixon

Kevin O'Brien

Snape

Jerome Taylor

Broad

Henderson

I'd make room for Josh Cobb to open and Jimmy Allenby at number 5

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Sehwag

Afridi

Maddy

Hodge

Al Hasan

Nixon

Kevin O'Brien

Snape

Jerome Taylor

Broad

Henderson

Surely Gurney for the death bowling?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Corky said:

Sehwag

Afridi

Maddy

Hodge

Al Hasan

Nixon

Kevin O'Brien

Snape

Jerome Taylor

Broad

Henderson

With the self imposed limit of 2 overseas players:

Maddy

Ackerman

Hodge

Allenby

Stevens

Nixon

Snape

McKay

Broad

Henderson

Gurney

Chose McKay over Razzaq as I prefer the better death bowling and I have enough match winners with the bat imo. 

2 hours ago, SMX11 said:

Maddy

Ackerman

Hodge

Allenby

Stevens

Nixon

Snape

McKay

Broad

Henderson

Gurney

Chose McKay over Razzaq as I prefer the better death bowling and I have enough match winners with the bat imo. 

Snape? Broad? 

3 hours ago, SMX11 said:

Maddy

Ackerman

Hodge

Allenby

Stevens

Nixon

Snape

McKay

Broad

Henderson

Gurney

Pretty much it, except I'd put Cobb in at 1 for the explosive start at the expense of Stevens

On 05/04/2020 at 13:09, SMX11 said:

Maddy

Ackerman

Hodge

Allenby

Stevens

Nixon

Snape

McKay

Broad

Henderson

Gurney

HD Ackerman? No way he’d be anywhere near my side, too selfish and too slow for T20, but it’s all about opinions! 

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

HD Ackerman? No way he’d be anywhere near my side, too selfish and too slow for T20, but it’s all about opinions! 

He was a glorious batsmen, perhaps a little slow by today's standards but his records speaks for itself in my opinion. He scored more runs than Cobby did in about 20 less innings! I'd take a proper batsmen over a clubber any day of the week :D

• Haha 1

I am hearing that the County Championship is set to be canned this year. They hope to play the T20 format and conclude it within a month either in July or August - delayed as long as is possible to hopefully allow for crowds to be allowed. The Hundred to be squeezed in dependent on when the T20 can be concluded. 

4 hours ago, Father Ted said:

I am hearing that the County Championship is set to be canned this year. They hope to play the T20 format and conclude it within a month either in July or August - delayed as long as is possible to hopefully allow for crowds to be allowed. The Hundred to be squeezed in dependent on when the T20 can be concluded. 

Good job Khan has gone as he would be shouting out we have finished 5th this season  or trying to change our name to the Foxes for a 3rd place finish

• Haha 1

Dont think they will do anything for a while no point really. You could have just one round of games in the CC. By end of June we may get some play. One round of games you can play right until the end of September. 

I think the country will really be struggling if everyone is still completely locked down by that point. 

Edited by Cake

11 hours ago, Father Ted said:

They will get that fvcker played even if the players have to play in their own back gardens. 

• Haha 2

Hi all,

Need some help from fellow Leicester fans. My club (Leicester Ivanhoe) have entered a National Twitter competition with some very good prizes up for grabs if we get to the later stages of the tournament. We are currently embroiled in a tight last 32 clash with Pudsey St Lawrence in Yorkshire. I'm sure any who have played cricket at local level would have played at the Ivanhoe at some point during your career, so any support for one of only 2 local sides still in the comp would be appreciated for those that are on twitter.

Cheers all

• Like 1

Came away with a big win over Surrey, which is always nice. :D

Anyone else seen this controversy kicking off about the virtual County Cup the Leicestershire & Rutland League are running by the way. Accusations of clubs creating fake Twitter profiles and rigging votes, attempts to get "games" declared null and void, the works. lol

• Haha 1