Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Excellent start from Slater. He is an interesting sort of example of the cricketers I think Leics should be looking to sign on permanently. He has always been an excellent performer in the shorter form of the game; but in the longer format he's been inconsistent and has been moved around the order and in and out of the side accordingly. We only have him for a couple of weeks, but if he believes there is a place for him in the side here (perhaps that opening berth) then maybe we do have a chance of signing him and playing him in all formats.

Otherwise; I know Hill is a little way off due to injury and I'd love to see Swindells given a real good go at making that berth his.

53 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Excellent start from Slater. He is an interesting sort of example of the cricketers I think Leics should be looking to sign on permanently. He has always been an excellent performer in the shorter form of the game; but in the longer format he's been inconsistent and has been moved around the order and in and out of the side accordingly. We only have him for a couple of weeks, but if he believes there is a place for him in the side here (perhaps that opening berth) then maybe we do have a chance of signing him and playing him in all formats.

Otherwise; I know Hill is a little way off due to injury and I'd love to see Swindells given a real good go at making that berth his.

Agreed. Rob Newton would be another one. Dont think he has a county 

Edited by Cake

26 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

If we can get a lead of 150 by end of today then game on going into the last day

It's a 120 over limit for the first innings, isn't it (in the Bob Willis Trophy)?  If so, they'll need to really accelerate after lunch to create any significant advantage and put pressure on Lancs.  400-ish needed, surely?

13 minutes ago, Zorrovolpe said:

It's a 120 over limit for the first innings, isn't it (in the Bob Willis Trophy)?  If so, they'll need to really accelerate after lunch to create any significant advantage and put pressure on Lancs.  400-ish needed, surely?

Format here, so yes...Def need to get a move on!

• There will be a reduction to a minimum of 90 overs in a day’s play
  • Each county’s first innings of a match can last no longer than 120 overs
  • Teams receive 16 points for a win and 8 for a draw or tie. Bonus points (a maximum of 5 batting points and 3 bowling points) may be scored during the first 110 overs of each team's first innings.Teams receive 16 points for a win and 8 for a draw or tie. Bonus points (a maximum of 5 batting points and 3 bowling points) may be scored during the first 110 overs of each team's first innings

Leics are 48 runs behind with 20 overs left. So need to get into t20 mode now to maximise the first innings score 

42 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Weird declaration an over before the 120 over limit?

I don't understanding that either as bonus points can only be scored in the first 110 overs of each first innings and we had gone past that, so it wasn't about restricting Lancs bonus. 

Can only assume to have a couple extra overs before tea.

Draw looking the most likely outcome now. Needed to get more early wickets second time around to put real pressure on Lancs. Lancs obviously have a weakened team with 3 debutants playing but a pretty good effort by the Foxes nonetheless.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Need to take these final 5 wickets by tea or very soon after.  Wouldn't want to see us having to chase much more than 120-130, as the batting is paper-thin; beyond Slater, Azad and Ackermann you can see clusters of 3 or 4 wickets falling for about 10 runs.

8 minutes ago, Cake said:

Still a chance but slipping away. 

Positive performance though 

Yes, particularly Parkinson with five wickets in the match so far; nothing like being in the last chance saloon for sharpening a player's performance. Not sure that Dearden is capable of a similar transformation though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zorrovolpe said:

Yes, particularly Parkinson with five wickets in the match so far; nothing like being in the last chance saloon for sharpening a player's performance. Not sure that Dearden is capable of a similar transformation though. 

No. Parkinson has done a great job. 

Lilley never seems to get a go but i cant help thinking he would score more than Dearden, can bowl and also is a very good fielder.