Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Looking around the other divisions, Surrey having an absolute nightmare. 9 points from three games- I know they are missing Burns, Roy and the Currans but they used to win Championships without England players. 

Worcestershire and Somerset leading the way in the Central/ Wales division, Derbyshire and Yorkshire in the North and Essex well ahead in the South. They've put together a very impressive first-class team in the past few years.

24 minutes ago, Corky said:

Looking around the other divisions, Surrey having an absolute nightmare. 9 points from three games- I know they are missing Burns, Roy and the Currans but they used to win Championships without England players. 

Worcestershire and Somerset leading the way in the Central/ Wales division, Derbyshire and Yorkshire in the North and Essex well ahead in the South. They've put together a very impressive first-class team in the past few years.

They are missing a lot more players then just the names you mentioned

Yeah Surrey are basically missing an XI.

I know this isn't the 'other counties/England' thread but just been talking to a colleague who is mates with Dan Lawrence and makes a very decent case for him being involved with England.

I know that was the plan and he's had a recent family bereavement, but just had a look myself and he's no mug with bat or ball. Essex have an embarrassment of riches really.

Nice to see someone not from Leicestershire amplifying what everyone from Leicestershire has been saying for years...

Let’s try Leicestershire. They are normally first in the queue when some at the ECB are sharpening the guillotine. The problem is that few people consider the quality of the first-class side Leicestershire might have put out had they been rich enough to keep hold of all the cricketers who learned the game at Grace Road; players like Stuart Broad, James Taylor and many others. Hassan Azad scored 1189 Championship runs last year but wouldn’t be playing county cricket if it wasn’t for Leicestershire. Is he nothing?

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/countycricket/our_county_system_demands_respect_not_abandonment_wake_coronavirus_paul_edwards.html

• Like 3

Dont think Notts have won for over a year in firstclass cricket. 

Dearden so frustrating. Plays some great shots. Got to be a concentration issue. 

I will be pleasantly surprised if Rhodes contributes anything. 

Go on. Prove me wrong

Just now, Cake said:

Dont think Notts have won for over a year in firstclass cricket. 

Dearden so frustrating. Plays some great shots. Got to be a concentration issue. 

I will be pleasantly surprised if Rhodes contributes anything. 

Go on. Prove me wrong

I had visions of Azad and Ackermann doing it for us but Azad went early.

Agreed on Rhodes. Gotta earn his stripes sometime though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I realise I'm talking to myself here but Nottinghamshire haven't won a FC game in 26 attempts. I really hope we aren't going to end that run or them.

The ever obliging Leicestershire County Cricket Club. I'm sure I've seen a thread relating to something similar on this forum!