Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

17 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Good win. Why were we playing in leeds?

Derbyshire v Lancashire on later as well.

I can only think it gets them two live matches without having to take commentators and equipment to different grounds.

• Like 2

On 31/08/2020 at 15:57, Kopic said:

Good win. Why were we playing in leeds?

On 31/08/2020 at 16:15, Corky said:

Derbyshire v Lancashire on later as well.

I can only think it gets them two live matches without having to take commentators and equipment to different grounds.

Correct

21 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Also our washed out game vs Derby’s last week at Grace Rd was a home game for Derbyshire! 

Also, Derby has been the bio secure hub for Australia ahead of the one dayers so they couldn't play there.

6 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Sad news that David Capel has passed away maybe not quite good enough for England but a fine County cricketer in a very strong Northants side Lamb Bailey Larkins Ambrose etc.Cricket  was so much better in the 1980s

I was about to agree with you but only the amazing standards of 1 day cricket nowadays stopped me.

4 day cricket is definitely worse than back then, despite the amount of coaches, analysts and other support staff thrown at modern cricketers.

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I was about to agree with you but only the amazing standards of 1 day cricket nowadays stopped me.

4 day cricket is definitely worse than back then, despite the amount of coaches, analysts and other support staff thrown at modern cricketers.

Indeed County cricket full of journeyman these  days back in the 80s each side were full of well known one club players.Can you imagine  guys like Gower Agnew Taylor staying at the County for more then a couple of years if they played in the modern era.

4 hours ago, everton carr said:

Indeed County cricket full of journeyman these  days back in the 80s each side were full of well known one club players.Can you imagine  guys like Gower Agnew Taylor staying at the County for more then a couple of years if they played in the modern era.

No i agree, even into the 90s we were able to hold onto our best players. Internationals and all. Maybe Chris Lewis was the first to leave for financial reasons? 

13 minutes ago, Cake said:

No i agree, even into the 90s we were able to hold onto our best players. Internationals and all. Maybe Chris Lewis was the first to leave for financial reasons? 

Daffy beforehand but his departure maybe wasn’t entirely financial.

Amazing to think we found De Freitas and Lewis within a couple of years of one another, tough call to decide who was the better player..... Lewis had more natural talent but Daffy always gave everything.

Both players would of found great riches if they were playing now, great all rounders and both fantastic fielders.

11 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Daffy beforehand but his departure maybe wasn’t entirely financial.

Amazing to think we found De Freitas and Lewis within a couple of years of one another, tough call to decide who was the better player..... Lewis had more natural talent but Daffy always gave everything.

Both players would of found great riches if they were playing now, great all rounders and both fantastic fielders.

Yeah great players. I spent an evening with Daffy in his later years in Canterbury.

Devon Malcolm and him were in a pub near the City centre. Nice guys. Devon was just drinking OJ Daffy on the Beer not drunk or anything. 

Must be 15 20 years ago

I thought Lewis was the better all round player. Just. 

Daffy was a fine bowler. Took 5 wkts against every county. The only player to do so  

Edited by Cake
  • Like 1

On 31/08/2020 at 19:37, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Also our washed out game vs Derby’s last week at Grace Rd was a home game for Derbyshire! 

Plus, without fans I don’t think it really makes all that much of a difference....