Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
El_Thief

Fryatt Rumours ?

I'd never fault Kisnorbo's motivation. The bloke is 100% focused and deserves credit for that.

His problems lie with his lack of pace and poor distribution.

he sounds like my postman :D

I'd have said on the basis of his time at City he's worth £500k max... if there had really been an offer of that kind of money for Fryatt I'd have gone for it in a second, could have reinvested it in a more consistent replacement, you can only give a player so many chances , Fryatt gets cut a good deal more slack than a lot of underachivers!

if they up the bid i can imagine us selling him for 1.5m..

and if they do get more money for him i would rather we add on to the 1.2 we are willing to pay for mcleod and buy sharp or eastwood

and if they do get more money for him i would rather we add on to the 1.2 we are willing to pay for mcledo and buy sharp or eastwood

£1.5million. lol

I guess they do owe us for Akinbiyi.

Fryatt is just one of those players I cannot seem to like, he just doesn't offer enough. It looks like one of Cort or Hume will be first choice striker next season and Fryatt can't play with either of them in my opinion. Fryatt/Cort is too slow and Fryatt/Hume has no height. Funnily enough I think the one player who would go well with Fryatt would be McLeod.

The other thing is that Todorov and Fryatt are quite similar players. Not sure whether that will come into play at all.

The thing is as well, rumours are that Fryatt got the hump when we wouldn't let him go to Birmingham last summer. Hearing us turn down bids from Wolves, probably won't boost his morale either.

I hope this rumour isn't true because it would be a poor representation of his character. I'm going to blindly believe it isn't.

If we manage to sign Job and say possibly Todorov, then surely Fryatt will only be a bench warmer and he obliviously thinks he’s better than that. To me Fryatt’s attitude stinks. He’s a serial sulker who walks around with a face like a wet fart the whole time. I’d take £900,000 and get shot of him

and if they do get more money for him i would rather we add on to the 1.2 we are willing to pay for mcleod and buy sharp or eastwood

FFS SHUT UP ABOUT SHARP AND EASTWOOD!!! THE LOT OF YOU!

Billy Sharps already signed for Sheff United ffs.

Yeah but that still leaves Eastwood!!

Sell fryatt for 900k buy Eastwood for 1.5m, jobs a good un!!!

Yeah i know...im going!!!!!! :whistle::thumbup:

Matty Fryatt had a sustained injury for the best part of last season, this affected they way he ran, with improved insoles towards the end of the season he wasnt running 'flat footed' and this aided his running, he wasnt fit which caused him problems, too many burgers!!!!!! but the fitness levels is upto MA to get right, he is a proven goalscorer and would be a huge loss given his talent.

I would put him ahead of Cort if both fit.

I see the No Smoking is going well, Manwell :thumbup:

£1.5million. lol

I guess they do owe us for Akinbiyi.

Fryatt is just one of those players I cannot seem to like, he just doesn't offer enough. It looks like one of Cort or Hume will be first choice striker next season and Fryatt can't play with either of them in my opinion. Fryatt/Cort is too slow and Fryatt/Hume has no height. Funnily enough I think the one player who would go well with Fryatt would be McLeod.

The other thing is that Todorov and Fryatt are quite similar players. Not sure whether that will come into play at all.

now i didnt say he was worth 1.5, but knowing MM he is the sort to get a good deal... i thought 650k for McCarthy was a good deal so i can imagine he would get a good deal here too...

i think so far, fryatt has appeared to be limited in what he can offer. he knows where the back of the net is but for some reason SO FAR it hasnt worked out for him ( injuries , ect).

We either need to decide which will be better for leicester- cut our losses ( which would actually be a profit . lol) or keep him hoping he would have a good season

would prefer to take the money and go for eastwood myself. proven scorer at this level. comes with a free hosre and cart too.

Rumor has it he was an extra in the Harrison Ford movie ' The witness' lol

( sure the eastwood comment would please a few .. ..)

I think this should be a better season for Fryatt. He had a big problem with the way he ran that then caused him to be injured. This has now been overcome.

I think that it would be too risky selling him as there is a chance Cort could be out as he has been injury prone in his career (i hope not but it is a risk).

Hume is the type of player that will miss games because of suspension.

We might be getting Job and toddy if you believe the rumours. So this would then give MA options as well as players uping their game to fight for a place in the side. Last season we did not have that option we were a one trick pony with an option of Hammond.

Dont sell and certainly not at this price.

Like many, I wasn't impressed with Matty last season.

But I wasn't particularly impressed with ANY of them last season.

I feel that he might have potential and is worth hanging on to. If Wolves are prepared to offer decent money now, one good / decent season and we could get a lot more for him later.

If he doesn't like the MA/MM combo and wants to leave, then..

F**K OFF, MATT!

Simple.

Would not let him go unless it was SILLY money.

IMO he is still our best and most natural goalscorer.

Hume is not a goalscorer, Cort is not really a goalscorer (thats when hes even fit FFS!).

To me, the front pair should be Fryatt or Hume/Cort.

If it stays as it is.

Todorov is the only natural finisher we've been linked with - and unless he came in Fryatt would still be my no. 1 (and he'd probably be my no. 1 anyway cos Toddys always injured!)

Im thinking a partnership of Job and Fryatt could be lethal (if Job signs). But where does that leave Hume???

Decisions, decisions MAllen

I think fryatt should have one more season, i saw him play at bescott and he head an absolute blinder scored a hatrick and ran the show whilst merson was on the sidelines catching his breath. but 900,000 that's a lot of fooking money! Vieiri would be an astute signing! we need to start spending!

Would not let him go unless it was SILLY money.

IMO he is still our best and most natural goalscorer.

Hume is not a goalscorer, Cort is not really a goalscorer (thats when hes even fit FFS!).

To me, the front pair should be Fryatt or Hume/Cort.

I have way too much time on my hands at work...

Fryatt's career goals per appearance is 0.33, Hume's is 0.23 and Carl Corts is 0.28 so your pretty much spot on. Todorov has averaged 0.4.

Todorov is the most consistent in front of goal, Cort has scored the most in the top flight and Hume has made the most appearances.

Archived