Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

17 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Is it the SE version Stan, with the heated seats and steering wheel?

17 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah it definitely has a steering wheel Col, I can see it through the side window :thumbup:

Izzy can now be classed as an ITK! :D 

Not the SE version :) 

4 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Had a few beers with a few of the work fellas last night. Nothing worse than turning up feeling a bit weary whilst your boss is fresh as a daisy, despite drinking an outrageous amount.

He's faking it. 

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

My son in Year 3 and daughter in Year 5 have both come home with their end of year school reports.

Proud as fvck of both of em to be honest :)

Well done Mate. The kids reflect the parents... 

(My lad got a first in his degree....)

?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Well done Mate. The kids reflect the parents... 

(My lad got a first in his degree....)

?

That's brilliant mate :scarf:

My daughter is really bright but not particularly social or popular, whereas my lad is average ability but everyone loves his SOH and he's got loads of mates.

I think they both get their best attributes from my wife and their worst from me lol

16 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

My son in Year 3 and daughter in Year 5 have both come home with their end of year school reports.

Proud as fvck of both of em to be honest :)

My son (Year 1) got his report too, whilst overall very good he suffers from shyness & lack of confidence and that is often construed by teachers as a lack of effort. It is not that at all, he is just incredibly worried about getting things wrong and doesn't like to speak out in front of the class. Overall very pleased.

They have annoyed me though claiming his attendance to be 91%, he has had 6 days off in the whole school year with a chest infection. I'm pretty sure 6 days off doesn't equate to as low as 91%.

2 minutes ago, pds said:

My son (Year 1) got his report too, whilst overall very good he suffers from shyness & lack of confidence and that is often construed by teachers as a lack of effort. It is not that at all, he is just incredibly worried about getting things wrong and doesn't like to speak out in front of the class. Overall very pleased.

They have annoyed me though claiming his attendance to be 91%, he has had 6 days off in the whole school year with a chest infection. I'm pretty sure 6 days off doesn't equate to as low as 91%.

Don't get me started on attendance, they make that shit up. if you're 10 mins late and miss register, they get a half day mark that counts as zero day in the end of term report. 

I saw my 7 year old daughters assembly today, i hate these things, cant stand being in a room full of strangers sitting closely like that makes me feel really uncomfortable, but the look on her face when she spots me is why I go. she did well with her lines and her dance, i got a nice hug when she passed me on the way back to class. 

I was outside vaping about 3 seconds later lol 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pds said:

That doesn't sound right mate. My lad had 2 days off and his attendance showed at 99.44% so I don't see how 6 days off can = 91%?

I'm sure your lad will grow in confidence as he gets older, he's still only young bless him. Mind you, even at my age I'm still incredibly worried about getting things wrong lol

14 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Don't get me started on attendance, they make that shit up. if you're 10 mins late and miss register, they get a half day mark that counts as zero day in the end of term report. 

I saw my 7 year old daughters assembly today, i hate these things, cant stand being in a room full of strangers sitting closely like that makes me feel really uncomfortable, but the look on her face when she spots me is why I go. she did well with her lines and her dance, i got a nice hug when she passed me on the way back to class. 

I was outside vaping about 3 seconds later lol 

That's the thing though, he has never been late once!

14 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That doesn't sound right mate. My lad had 2 days off and his attendance showed at 99.44% so I don't see how 6 days off can = 91%?

I'm sure your lad will grow in confidence as he gets older, he's still only young bless him. Mind you, even at my age I'm still incredibly worried about getting things wrong lol

I hope so, his report word for word could have almost been lifted from mine 25 years ago!

We try our best to build his confidence and he is loud and outgoing as anyone at home but put him in public setting and he turns into a rabbit in headlights.

It was his sports day yesterday - took 15 minutes for us to convince him to join in despite him loving sport - once he joined in he loved it but he is always holding back. So frustrating.

3 minutes ago, pds said:

That's the thing though, he has never been late once!

Well question it then, because they have made a mistake for sure. make sure they havent counted any days the school was closed, is it a polling station for example??

My baby's last year at high school and she brought home her usual excellent report; I'd be proud of her regardless, but she really puts in the work at school and doesn't give us a moment's trouble at home.

She also brought home one of those polls that teenage girls do (you know - best teacher, fittest lad, that kind of thing).

Guess who scooped Coolest Dad.. :D

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

My baby's last year at high school and she brought home her usual excellent report; I'd be proud of her regardless, but she really puts in the work at school and doesn't give us a moment's trouble at home.

She also brought home one of those polls that teenage girls do (you know - best teacher, fittest lad, that kind of thing).

Guess who scooped Coolest Dad.. :D

Nigel Pearson?

• Like 2

Just back from a weddIng reception in Leicester.

Best man is doing his speech and during it admits to being a forest man, next thing some bloke I don't know on a couple of tables away says one word loudly and not too friendly "C x n t" 

I nearly burst out laughing, but most people pretended they hadn't heard. Childish, I know, but me and my mate had a good laugh afterward. Highlight of the speeches for us. 

Spent the day at Wipers ((Ypres) ...   my grandad was in the Scots guards and was gassed which made it a little bit more personal ...    all because a wealthy land owning elite were a bit concerned that the natives were getting restless and what better way to nip it in the bud than start a war ...   shameful needless and shocking waste of so many young lives ..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Spent the day at Wipers ((Ypres) ...   my grandad was in the Scots guards and was gassed which made it a little bit more personal ...    all because a wealthy land owning elite were a bit concerned that the natives were getting restless and what better way to nip it in the bud than start a war ...   shameful needless and shocking waste of so many young lives ..

The war to end all wars, they said.

When will we learn?