Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 minutes ago, Milo said:

Wife found a sparrow in our toilet...! Not just in the bathroom, but actually in the toilet. Wtf?? :o

Would suggest you always look before you poop guys - would be a pretty bad way to go for the little fella. 

Sparrow got scooped out, half drowned and not moving, and wrapped in a towel and 9 year old took it upon himself to nurse it with bread, seeds and water.  I tried to explain that it was likely to go to the big sparrow nest in the sky, blah blah blah, and gear him up for the whole 'things die/circle of life' speech (and wondering what I'd do with a dead sparrow) when blow me, the little thing looked up, chirped a goodbye and flew off!!

9 year old currently beaming at a job well done :trumpet:

a true shitbird

11 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Down the KP today on a conference.

Really is a smart place this stadium.

I've hosted a couple of conferences in footy stadiums...done West Ham, Spuds, Millwall and Birmingham...Also Twickenham and The Stoop - never managed to get to the KP yet, though!

Always found them to be really good...nice energy and cool surroundings (except for Milwall, which was effing horrendous) :o

Did you manage to nick anything worthwhile?? :ph34r: 

On 09/07/2017 at 21:58, Countryfox said:

Spent the day at Wipers ((Ypres) ...   my grandad was in the Scots guards and was gassed which made it a little bit more personal ...    all because a wealthy land owning elite were a bit concerned that the natives were getting restless and what better way to nip it in the bud than start a war ...   shameful needless and shocking waste of so many young lives ..

Going again this weekend, staying at Ypres. Been either here or Albert / Arras areas more or less annually for last ten years. 

Literally just found out this week that my Grandmother's (She died 1956) brother is buried at Tyne Cot, will have added significance. But as you say what a shameful waste and the number of 17-19 year olds buried at Arras, killed in the last few weeks of the war in 1918 is heart breaking.

1 hour ago, BoyJones said:

Going again this weekend, staying at Ypres. Been either here or Albert / Arras areas more or less annually for last ten years. 

Literally just found out this week that my Grandmother's (She died 1956) brother is buried at Tyne Cot, will have added significance. But as you say what a shameful waste and the number of 17-19 year olds buried at Arras, killed in the last few weeks of the war in 1918 is heart breaking.

They were just cannon fodder Jonesy...   put under immense pressure to join up and then ripped to pieces in horrific conditions ...   pawns in the power brokers games ...  modern weapons used in archaic battle scenarios ....    the French still had red pants and white shirts !!  ...   very hard to spot !!

I'm on my way to St Petersburg via Tallin so hard to connect to the internet at the moment but would be interested to know when I get back why you visit every year ...

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

They were just cannon fodder Jonesy...   put under immense pressure to join up and then ripped to pieces in horrific conditions ...   pawns in the power brokers games ...  modern weapons used in archaic battle scenarios ....    the French still had red pants and white shirts !!  ...   very hard to spot !!

I'm on my way to St Petersburg via Tallin so hard to connect to the internet at the moment but would be interested to know when I get back why you visit every year ...

Why didn't you say you are away, CF. ?

I'm off to have a scrumping session in your garden. 

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Buce said:

A friend of mine went out selling The Watchtower door to door, and some pervert got his dick out..

There is a guy in my local who does things like that, he waves his dick at the Gospel choir when they come in and sing at Christmas and once he dropped his trousers and put a bottle of bud up his arse then tapped the elderly salvation army lady who was in collecting on the shoulder to ask her to remove it. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

There is a guy in my local who does things like that, he waves his dick at the Gospel choir when they come in and sing at Christmas and once he dropped his trousers and put a bottle of bud up his arse then tapped the elderly salvation army lady who was in collecting on the shoulder to ask her to remove it. 

Some guy... yeah, right.

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

A friend of mine went out selling The Watchtower door to door, and some pervert got his dick out..

Your friend needs to put his trousers on back to front next time he's out selling ...    makes it very difficult for someone to get his dick out ...    :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Your friend needs to put his trousers on back to front next time he's out selling ...    makes it very difficult for someone to get his dick out ...    :thumbup:

Never mind that - I've just nicked your garden!

59662b444e1c6_fruitandveg.jpg.302f89aff7da12e9498351cb2bcb2e47.jpg

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Never mind that - I've just nicked your garden!

59662b444e1c6_fruitandveg.jpg.302f89aff7da12e9498351cb2bcb2e47.jpg

lol ...   now I know you haven't really Bucey cus the guard pups would have ripped your arms off and you wouldn't be able to type ....     unless you've learned how to do it with your feet ! ...   :o

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

lol ...   now I know you haven't really Bucey cus the guard pups would have ripped your arms off and you wouldn't be able to type ....     unless you've learned how to do it with your feet ! ...   :o

Easy, mate..

Feet.png.edb5dbe839d8ac0e8d6ec99fdea5142a.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MattP said:

What a strange world we live in. Tapping an elderly Salvation Army lady on the arm without first introducing yourself could cause her undue alarm !

19 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Not much of a story. Just that I used to travel by car to Paris fairly often 10-12 years ago and one day had plenty of time, so took a detour via Arras. Saw a war cemetery on the outskirts of town and stopped to have a look. First row of graves I saw all British teenagers killed literally days before the war ended. Really got to me the waste, seeing all the names and ages.

So when any of my mates and family show an interest, (which I always encourage) I go with them, often somewhere different. Two years ago, went back to Arras with four friends and had a look at the Wellington Quarry and then travelled over to the cemetery where the youngest soldier (14) is buried, both worth a visit and thought provoking. Last year 1st July 2016 was at  Theipval Wood and revisited Albert, very good museum there. 

This weekend, six of us going, all blokes, two visiting the grave of a great uncle killed in 1917, plus I have found out the name of my paternal grandmother's brother, one Thomas Wills of South Hackney and will be paying my respects at Tyne Cot. Says on their website he was a gunner in the RAF, presumably in an open cockpit bi-plane! Also going to visit the German War grave near Ypres, as I  believe they were instructed to use dark colour stone and lay their headstones down flat as they were on allied ground and the invading force.

It's not a macabre thing, just that I am interested in 20th century history. Surprisely, in 1969, I was allowed to drop late 18th Century history at school (french revolution etc) for a thesis on the second world war. Make no mistake, we will be having a few beers as usual, but think it's a meaningful way to spend a few days.  A visit to Ypres and being present at the 8pm Last Post service at the Menin Gate is a poignant reminder of the real hardship and horrors earlier generations faced.

• Like 1

Exhausting :nigel:

House hunting for most of the day. Got the list narrowed down to 3 that I've booked into viewing. Now just have to figure out times when me and my girlfriend can both attend, which are around as rare as flying pigs. 

Or she leaves the decision to me alone :sweating:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Not much of a story. Just that I used to travel by car to Paris fairly often 10-12 years ago and one day had plenty of time, so took a detour via Arras. Saw a war cemetery on the outskirts of town and stopped to have a look. First row of graves I saw all British teenagers killed literally days before the war ended. Really got to me the waste, seeing all the names and ages.

So when any of my mates and family show an interest, (which I always encourage) I go with them, often somewhere different. Two years ago, went back to Arras with four friends and had a look at the Wellington Quarry and then travelled over to the cemetery where the youngest soldier (14) is buried, both worth a visit and thought provoking. Last year 1st July 2016 was at  Theipval Wood and revisited Albert, very good museum there. 

This weekend, six of us going, all blokes, two visiting the grave of a great uncle killed in 1917, plus I have found out the name of my paternal grandmother's brother, one Thomas Wills of South Hackney and will be paying my respects at Tyne Cot. Says on their website he was a gunner in the RAF, presumably in an open cockpit bi-plane! Also going to visit the German War grave near Ypres, as I  believe they were instructed to use dark colour stone and lay their headstones down flat as they were on allied ground and the invading force.

It's not a macabre thing, just that I am interested in 20th century history. Surprisely, in 1969, I was allowed to drop late 18th Century history at school (french revolution etc) for a thesis on the second world war. Make no mistake, we will be having a few beers as usual, but think it's a meaningful way to spend a few days.  A visit to Ypres and being present at the 8pm Last Post service at the Menin Gate is a poignant reminder of the real hardship and horrors earlier generations faced.

Good on yer Jonesy ! ...   I was at the Menin gate and saw my family name (which isn't very common) so will be looking into that when we get back ...   we heard about 14 year olds trying to join up and the recruiting sergeants saying come back tomorrow son and say you are older ...  amazing !   Always wanted to go there and now that itch has been scratched ...