Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Continued with the house-hunting today. Went to view 2 in roughly the same area. One was up for £150k, pretty nice, if a bit overpriced, will probably be putting a bid in.

One was up for £140k and was an absolute dump, apparently it was let out to someone who abused it, so it's been stripped and "refurbed". Looks like it was done by a blind 3-legged goat. Awful.

Can't believe two houses so close together in location and price could be so vastly different. Going to be a long hunt. :dry:

Spent the day in St Petersburg ...    up at 5 and just got back (2 hours ahead here) ....    had a fantastic eveningat a palace tonight ..  string octet (mainly violins) playing ...   Russian band ...   Cossack singer and huge banquet ...   absolutely brilliant ....    bout fooked but got to be up at 5 again tomorrow ...   good night folks !

P.S.  Russian immigration are a miserable load of b@stards ....

• Like 2

So you finally convince a Brazilian and a Ukranian to let you buy them a drink and then your cunting cousin invites them to 'the table' instead.

Well if you've ever been to the table in Italy, it's a knee high thing you rent out at the club where you can only get vodka and lemon and under no circumstance the drink that you want (unless that happens to be vodka & lemon) and you can't hear yourself think through shitty eurotrance.

Disaster.

Edited by Kitchandro

7 hours ago, Buce said:

So the missus says, "would you hoover while I'm out, please?"

Apparently, "we have a hoover?" wasn't the answer she was looking for..

The way i see it, was a lose-lose.

If you hoover there is no blow job. If you dont hoover, theres still no blow job. So might as well do nothing lol

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

The way i see it, was a lose-lose.

If you hoover there is no blow job. If you dont hoover, theres still no blow job. So might as well do nothing lol

You know it. Jatt. lol

Besides, I think it was a suck job that she had in mind.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2017 at 05:09, Innovindil said:

Exhausting :nigel:

House hunting for most of the day. Got the list narrowed down to 3 that I've booked into viewing. Now just have to figure out times when me and my girlfriend can both attend, which are around as rare as flying pigs. 

Or she leaves the decision to me alone :sweating:

IMO... Under NO circumstances take the responsibility for that decision alone.... you will need to share the blame in the future :)

Got a bit brave today and asked a Russian tour guide about what people in Russia thought of Putin ...    very interesting conversation and not what I expected ...    but when I got onto foreign policy and asked how can you support Assad and condone what he does with his chemical weapons ..   he said  "Too much politics !" ...  and walked off ! ...   the question now is will I get out of here or end up spending most of my time making snowmen in Siberia ....     :o

46 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Got a bit brave today and asked a Russian tour guide about what people in Russia thought of Putin ...    very interesting conversation and not what I expected ...    but when I got onto foreign policy and asked how can you support Assad and condone what he does with his chemical weapons ..   he said  "Too much politics !" ...  and walked off ! ...   the question now is will I get out of here or end up spending most of my time making snowmen in Siberia ....     :o

What did he say about Putin?

If spilling the beans might lead to your sudden death, feel free to wait until you're in Blighty before answering. :D

52 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Welcome to your new home, CF:

IMG_0261.JPG.7d2e837f23ebfcbeaa299a327fdc7624.JPG

Edited by Buce

5 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

If spilling the beans might lead to your sudden death, feel free to wait until you're in Blighty before answering. :D

He's already on the KGB watchlist

22 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Can't believe two houses so close together in location and price could be so vastly different. Going to be a long hunt.

Can't believe you can get a house for £150k, tbh...

Great if you can. I'm looking to buy a flat for my 9 and 4 year old for when they are older and I want to chuck them out - can't even get anything close to £150k, :| Maybe I'll start looking a bit further north

30 minutes ago, Milo said:

Can't believe you can get a house for £150k, tbh...

Great if you can. I'm looking to buy a flat for my 9 and 4 year old for when they are older and I want to chuck them out - can't even get anything close to £150k, :| Maybe I'll start looking a bit further north

All comes down to where you're looking. Not exactly aiming for the nicer parts of Leicester, just looking to get on the ladder for now. In a few years when I'm on a bit more money should be able to move to where I want. 

House prices overall just stupid atm. But as long as there is money in it it's never going to change. 

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

House prices overall just stupid atm

Agree - which is why I'm looking to buy for my kids whilst they're still in junior school..madness. Good luck with your house hunting 

13 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Escaped and am in Finland now but will keep an eye open for Bulgarians with umbrellas ...    will tell you about the glorious Russian leader when I get back ....    

• Like 3

Well, looking for a new job, but also thinking about a "career change". I am really interested in aviation and always liked the idea at working at an airport - seen a couple of ground jobs at EMA, in particular, dunno whether to just go for it and apply. Is a career change a good approach :S 

Had a job interview this morning, genuinely have never walked away from an interview feeling like I couldn't have done anymore than I did today. I was in two minds about the position as it would require me to leave Sheffeild for Stoke, a city I've really taken to over the past 6 years, but this job would allow me to make a real stride in my profession.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Well, looking for a new job, but also thinking about a "career change". I am really interested in aviation and always liked the idea at working at an airport - seen a couple of ground jobs at EMA, in particular, dunno whether to just go for it and apply. Is a career change a good approach :S 

I guess it depends on why you want the change? Is it a spur of the moment decision or something you have been considering for a while? At the same time is the airport just something that came to your head or is there a role you could see yourself really enjoying and progressing in?

41 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Had a job interview this morning, genuinely have never walked away from an interview feeling like I couldn't have done anymore than I did today. I was in two minds about the position as it would require me to leave Sheffeild for Stoke, a city I've really taken to over the past 6 years, but this job would allow me to make a real stride in my profession.

I guess it depends on why you want the change? Is it a spur of the moment decision or something you have been considering for a while? At the same time is the airport just something that came to your head or is there a role you could see yourself really enjoying and progressing in?

Nah man I've always wanted to do ground work there but didn't go for it after school. Should have. I'm just fed up of mine and office work. 

Good luck with yours anyhow! 

just do it, apply at least, get yourself in the position where you're offered a role then you can decide the pros and cons. no point fussing about one job vs another when you might not even get the "new" job. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Nah man I've always wanted to do ground work there but didn't go for it after school. Should have. I'm just fed up of mine and office work. 

Good luck with yours anyhow! 

To me then its definitely worth applying for it. Nothing worse than being in a job you don't enjoy. See where it goes.

Thanks I appreciate it!

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I've applied to NATS for Air Traffic Control this summer, given I'm fed up of uni. I've completed Stage 0 and 1 tests, now have Stage 2 to come. Have you considered it?

Edited by KingGTF

19 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

I've applied to NATS for Air Traffic Control this summer, given I'm fed up of uni. I've completed Stage 0 and 1 tests, now have Stage 2 to come. Have you considered it?

Nice! Yeah, I went for the assistant air traffic control  in the RAF when I was 16 but ended up not getting the basic qualifications they required - I basically left school with fvck all - so went off and did something else.

How is your assessment going? It'll be a great career once you get through it all.