Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

so every 6 weeks we play in a tournament run by Bedfordshire FA. Last 2 seasons it's been at the same venue and they use 3G pitches (all weather with those black seed things scattered all over). 

Last 2 tournaments me and a few mates have always got ill after playing on them. I remember reading some time last year that 3G pitches somewhere were being ripped up because of health fears? 

Has anyone else had any issues with playing on these pitches or experienced any health problems straight after playing on them? 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

so every 6 weeks we play in a tournament run by Bedfordshire FA. Last 2 seasons it's been at the same venue and they use 3G pitches (all weather with those black seed things scattered all over). 

Last 2 tournaments me and a few mates have always got ill after playing on them. I remember reading some time last year that 3G pitches somewhere were being ripped up because of health fears? 

Has anyone else had any issues with playing on these pitches or experienced any health problems straight after playing on them? 

No, but you might want avoid them:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10154596/report-claims-link-between-3g-pitches-and-cancer

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Just now, SystonFox said:

I play on 3G pitches each week and I'm fine. Must be immune

Cheers Buce.

@SystonFox i wonder if the 'crumb rubber' (as read in Buce's link) is different on the pitches you play on?

Possibly. I also play on "4g" at Loughborough uni occassionally if that makes any difference?

all I do know is that slide tackles on rubber crumb hurt for days after and the bloody things cover my living room when I get home! Regardless if I turn my socks out in the changing rooms and smack me boots together.

5 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Possibly. I also play on "4g" at Loughborough uni occassionally if that makes any difference?

all I do know is that slide tackles on rubber crumb hurt for days after and the bloody things cover my living room when I get home! Regardless if I turn my socks out in the changing rooms and smack me boots together.

this is so true lol. nightmare to clean up and stupidly annoying. 

Nice weekend away. My sister took my brother in law to Liverpool to see a show. Sgt Pepper. He did not know anybody was coming up and there was a surprise party waiting for him on his return on Saturday. I nearly blew it. I took a photo of the bar and posted it on Facebook My sister PMd me and said delete it quick you fool.Luckily I removed it in time.

At breakfast on Saturday a bloke on a nearby table said I know you from somewhere. We tried to work out how it was. He had not been to Leicester. Anyway I get to my sisters house later and he is standing in the kitchen He say I knew I knew you. It turns out he was a long time mate of my BIL and we met at my sisters wedding a couple of years ago.

Unrelated. Going out to the poker I saw a car crash. I was crossing the corner that goes from London road to Charles Street. Heard these tires break, looked up and a car was travelling sideways at high speed. It went in a circle before crashing into a shop gateway near the recruiting office opposite the barriers. Went to see what had happened with some others and the car had run into the back of another parked there. Don't know if anyone was hurt but the the passenger door was open. The police were there in a couple of minutes and I left them to it. It was like watching the Grand Prix again but with a crap driver. Although I suppose he could have had a burst tire or something to cause the crash. It was pretty neat parking considering. It was like watching a movie scene.

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Sorry, but that looks disgusting.

Don't know how the Zambian's etc consume it..

Tbf most food tastes pretty good with a heap of nshima.

Btw is that Reggie Yates in the blue top? :D 

What a strange thing to eat. Mice weigh only a few grams so there can't be much nutrition at all. Would be funny if they don't actually eat mice in Zambia but try and fool tourists into eating them. I could imagine a rat being worth it if you were desperate and cooked it well.

• Like 1

What a strange thing to eat. Mice weigh only a few grams so there can't be much nutrition at all. Would be funny if they don't actually eat mice in Zambia but try and fool tourists into eating them. I could imagine a rat being worth it if you were desperate and cooked it well.

Yeah, seems a lot of effort. From what I saw, they start a bush fire which causes the mice to go in to their burrows and then the kids dig them out. Must be effective given the amount of them I've seen on the road.

16 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

One of my uncles spent most of WW2 in a Japanese POW camp in Burma, and he always said that the rats they caught and ate were the difference between living and starving to death.

• Like 3