Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

8 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

A family looked lost on an uni open day up here. Stopped to offer help with directions and the Dad had a Leicester hat on. Second Leicester related item I have seen this week with a young chap in the supermarket in a Vardy shirt.

I've been delivering in and around Atherstone for the past couple of weeks.

You see loads of West Brom, Birmingham, Villa and Wolves fans about, but I've noticed quite a few Leicester shirts about too.

Adults and kids. It's quite nice :thumbup:

On 09/08/2021 at 10:29, RoboFox said:

Yesterday I found out my favourite comedian, Trevor Moore had died. 

I dunno whether the resulting chemical imbalance from the stag do I attended on Saturday, but I was unreasonably upset about it. More than any other death of someone I didn't know personally. 

Guy was ridiculously underrated, and brought me and my mates lots of joy over the years. 

What a tragedy,  It seemed like WKUK was experiencing a bit of a revival on youtube, I only started getting recommended their stuff again last month.  Really sad.

23 hours ago, tom27111 said:

You see loads of West Brom, Birmingham, Villa and Wolves fans about, but I've noticed quite a few Leicester shirts about too.

I work in Atherstone. There's a decent mix in the office of Leicester, West Brom, Wolves, Coventry and Villa. The obvious odd big club fan, and Porto lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I work in Atherstone. There's a decent mix in the office of Leicester, West Brom, Wolves, Coventry and Villa. The obvious odd big club fan, and Porto lol

Where in Atherstone are you based? I'm there occasionally, but usually more towards Grendon, Baddesley Ensor and Wood End.

And daily deliver to Aldi head office.

Edited by tom27111

9 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Where in Atherstone are you based? I'm there occasionally, but usually more towards Grendon, Baddesley Ensor and Wood End.

And daily deliver to Aldi head office.

I'm at Aldi, I've probably passed you parked up at the delivery point.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I'm there constantly! Drive up the side, past the bee hotel, to the delivery point at the back. The guys in there are sound.

There's always gorgeous women walking around too lol

And I always see them taste testing as I drive by the main building, opposite the car park!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

I'm there constantly! Drive up the side, past the bee hotel, to the delivery point at the back. The guys in there are sound.

And I always see them taste testing as I drive by the main building, opposite the car park!

Yeah I know where you mean. I carry on past there and park in the multistory at the back past the lake. Then I'm on floor three of the building at the back. I swear there's more steps everyday lol

Oh yeah, plenty of gorgeous women walking around :D

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

Had one of those tests the other day that show internal fat levels ...  always wanted to know how I fared and for £20 thought it was money well spent.  Showed I was too heavy (no sh1t Sherlock !) but tbh I don't want to lose 10kgs and look like a stick ...  but the big positive was that the fat round my organs was in the 'normal' category ...  nice to know as this can vary so much in people (I think it can be hereditary in which case you can't do too much about it) ...   and also my skeletal muscle mass was very high ! ...   still some power in the old dog ! ...   :thumbup:

On 10/08/2021 at 19:29, tom27111 said:

I know Atherstone well, lots of Leicester fans live in Atherstone.  1 of the lads I go the games with does.  

Villa probably the biggest side in terms of support as its like Tamworth in that its a Birmingham overspill area.  Surprised to hear Wolves though.

The Hat and Beaver is a Leicester pub in the town, got Leicester stuff up behind the bar.

Can be a rough place to outsiders, they had about 40 lads jailed a few years back for an FA Cup game against Barrow in the early rounds!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

What a tragedy,  It seemed like WKUK was experiencing a bit of a revival on youtube, I only started getting recommended their stuff again last month.  Really sad.

I know man, I'm really upset about it still. We still quote WKUK lines to this day and obsessively revisit his solo songs for a sing-along when together.

I suppose not only was I looking forward to new material, but there's something symbolic about the timing of his passing and the fact we're getting a bit older and many of us are going off and doing adult shit. It was so sudden as well. Like, one minute he's streaming on Twitch, then a few hours later a freak accident. 

They were making a WKUK movie too, and it was only a few months ago we struck up a conversation with Trevor over Instagram DMs about gigging in London once the pandemic was over. 

I'll post some vids in the funny thread, but in the meantime here I am about to go to a halloween party dressed as Sex Robot. 

79070173_ScreenShot2021-08-12at10_17_45AM.thumb.png.c2fc41630c66dc655e4b15382c0bb4d2.png

Spent nearly all day sat in traffic. 

My deliveries were easy, only 120 drops, volume is low, possibly people holidaying?

The A5 was closed when I arrived in Atherstone, the main problem being that I was delivering on the actual A5. Cheers for the heads up @Facecloth, I told you yesterday I'm there daily lol

In all seriousness, I bet you had a mare getting up Holly Lane to work?

Then coming home took almost 3 hours. The M42 and M6 were horrendous. 

Following on from the M1 being dreadful yesterday.

I really won't miss delivering for Amazon and genuinely respect people who spend their lives on the road for the convenience of the rest of us.

Edited by tom27111
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I know Atherstone well, lots of Leicester fans live in Atherstone.  1 of the lads I go the games with does.  

Villa probably the biggest side in terms of support as its like Tamworth in that its a Birmingham overspill area.  Surprised to hear Wolves though.

The Hat and Beaver is a Leicester pub in the town, got Leicester stuff up behind the bar.

Can be a rough place to outsiders, they had about 40 lads jailed a few years back for an FA Cup game against Barrow in the early rounds!!

There's 2 houses that I regularly deliver to in Grendon, where the customer has the surname 'Albrighton'.

I'm desperate to ask if they're any relation, but I don't dare lol

I can't imagine it being a popular name?

I don't like delivering in Atherstone itself, but the surrounding areas are good for me.

Some lovely places around there too, really picturesque. 

Edited by tom27111

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Spent nearly all day sat in traffic. 

My deliveries were easy, only 120 drops, volume is low, possibly people holidaying?

The A5 was closed when I arrived in Atherstone, the main problem being that I was delivering on the actual A5. Cheers for the heads up @Facecloth, I told you yesterday I'm there daily lol

In all seriousness, I bet you had a mare getting up Holly Lane to work?

Then coming home took almost 3 hours. The M42 and M6 were horrendous. 

Following on from the M1 being dreadful yesterday.

I really won't miss delivering for Amazon and genuinely respect people who spend their lives on the road for the convenience of the rest of us.

In my defence I was working from home yesterday lol

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 1

I went to Dungeness, which was great.

As expected, the kids wondered what the f*** we were doing there, in much the same way as I did when I was dragged there by MY parents in about 1986.

Had a cracking pint and an ice cream. The highlight though was all the locals waving at the little train we took there from where we were staying, which included a cheery youth in a full, hooded wetsuit who was standing in his backyard in one of those Intex raised pools - more than a paddling pool, less than a swimming pool, you know the sort.

Surreal, but great

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I went to Dungeness, which was great.

As expected, the kids wondered what the f*** we were doing there, in much the same way as I did when I was dragged there by MY parents in about 1986.

Had a cracking pint and an ice cream. The highlight though was all the locals waving at the little train we took there from where we were staying, which included a cheery youth in a full, hooded wetsuit who was standing in his backyard in one of those Intex raised pools - more than a paddling pool, less than a swimming pool, you know the sort.

Surreal, but great

About time I visited there.

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Ha! Yes, you've got more reasons than most. 

Fascinating place, feels like the ends of the earth. It was sunny yesterday, but for full on bleakness I'd suggest visiting on a day when it's overcast

Rare to hear someone advise visiting a place when it’s overcast rather than sunny. Although I can go for a bit of bleak - I visit the North Yorkshire coast and the moors a lot.

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

Rare to hear someone advise visiting a place when it’s overcast rather than sunny. Although I can go for a bit of bleak - I visit the North Yorkshire coast and the moors a lot.

It's the last stop on the narrow gauge railway that runs along the coast to Hythe. It was apparent that quite a few of the passengers went there for the ride and didn't bother getting off.

It's got 2 Lighthouses (one you can go up), 2 nuclear power stations (one decommissioned) a few weird little wooden houses, a lot of shingle, and, amazingly, 2 pubs.

I loved it as much as my kids hated it!

• Like 1

On 12/08/2021 at 10:46, Countryfox said:

Had one of those tests the other day that show internal fat levels ...  always wanted to know how I fared and for £20 thought it was money well spent.  Showed I was too heavy (no sh1t Sherlock !) but tbh I don't want to lose 10kgs and look like a stick ...  but the big positive was that the fat round my organs was in the 'normal' category ...  nice to know as this can vary so much in people (I think it can be hereditary in which case you can't do too much about it) ...   and also my skeletal muscle mass was very high ! ...   still some power in the old dog ! ...   :thumbup:

Where do you get this test? Sounds like a good idea for a 50 year old to have done.

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Where do you get this test? Sounds like a good idea for a 50 year old to have done.

You can book them privately but I'm not sure how much ..  I went as a guest when my mate had a track day at Silverstone and they had one there at the Porsche centre ...    £19.95 and it only took 5 minutes ...  they do like to spend half an hour going through it with you but I just took the the fact sheet and said I was in a rush.   

• Like 1

On 11/08/2021 at 13:58, Facecloth said:

On 11/08/2021 at 14:01, tom27111 said:

@Facecloth I will PayPal you £10 if you poo on his car door handle. Drivers side. Photo evidence needed.

• Haha 1