Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Had a nice walk along the promenade in Sunny Hunny today where I saw a couple of kids out wearing their City shirts.  Only other club representation I noticed was one Arsenal shirt and a Cambridge Unit flag out back of one of the beach chalets.  We win.  

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Haha 1

Just had to have 4 tyres put on the car.

£237 for the lot. Premium brand, B rated for fuel economy and A rated for Wet Grip.

Didn't think that was a bad price actually.

It includes 10% discount and I get to claim a free 1 night hotel stay for 2 people as well.

Tried to screw me over on tracking though. I know it needs doing, but he quoted me £79, which he quickly reduced down to £59 when I scoffed. 

Still said no, can get it done for about 30 quid elsewhere.

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Just had to have 4 tyres put on the car.

£237 for the lot. Premium brand, B rated for fuel economy and A rated for Wet Grip.

Didn't think that was a bad price actually.

It includes 10% discount and I get to claim a free 1 night hotel stay for 2 people as well.

Tried to screw me over on tracking though. I know it needs doing, but he quoted me £79, which he quickly reduced down to £59 when I scoffed. 

Still said no, can get it done for about 30 quid elsewhere.

Where did you go for that?

Local Leicester  place?

Edited by Raj

On holiday in Norfolk atm and today went for a meal at this pub which we had booked. Got there and they said wooah hold on you’re not allowed in there with the dog. We advised that we had booked and said we had the dog and they confirmed it was fine. The waitress just said well no dogs are allowed but it was probably the owner you spoke to and she’s not here. In the end we had to sit outside and fortunately it didn’t rain but wow what awful customer service. 

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

On holiday in Norfolk atm and today went for a meal at this pub which we had booked. Got there and they said wooah hold on you’re not allowed in there with the dog. We advised that we had booked and said we had the dog and they confirmed it was fine. The waitress just said well no dogs are allowed but it was probably the owner you spoke to and she’s not here. In the end we had to sit outside and fortunately it didn’t rain but wow what awful customer service. 

Hang on, so they acknowledged that you probably spoke to the owner but still insisted that it was against their policy?  Madness.

9 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Hang on, so they acknowledged that you probably spoke to the owner but still insisted that it was against their policy?  Madness.

Yeah that’s what I can’t believe. She said oh you must’ve spoke to the owner who said it’s ok but she’s not here now. I think the waitress just hated dogs but how can that level of incompetence even happen. Either dogs are allowed or not ffs. Even if they aren’t allowed surely the owners agreement takes precedent.

13 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah that’s what I can’t believe. She said oh you must’ve spoke to the owner who said it’s ok but she’s not here now. I think the waitress just hated dogs but how can that level of incompetence even happen. Either dogs are allowed or not ffs. Even if they aren’t allowed surely the owners agreement takes precedent.

To empathise with the waitress, if she has no way of contacting the owner and can't confirm it, then what can she do? You could just be chancing it and saying it was agreed on the phone.  Whoever took the booking is really the person at fault, they should have mentioned it on the booking and signed it off.

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

To empathise with the waitress, if she has no way of contacting the owner and can't confirm it, then what can she do? You could just be chancing it and saying it was agreed on the phone.  Whoever took the booking is really the person at fault, they should have mentioned it on the booking and signed it off.

I don’t think she did even call her, just came out and said she wasn’t in. It was all very weird and I got the impression she just hated dogs. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t think she did even call her, just came out and said she wasn’t in. It was all very weird and I got the impression she just hated dogs. 

Could be mate lol

If I was in her position and knew I couldn't reach the boss, I'd just be very apologetic and explain the situation. If she hasn't done that then she probably hates dogs to be fair, sounds like it ended up alright in the end anyway which is the main thing.

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Could be mate lol

If I was in her position and knew I couldn't reach the boss, I'd just be very apologetic and explain the situation. If she hasn't done that then she probably hates dogs to be fair, sounds like it ended up alright in the end anyway which is the main thing.

Yeah no real apology and her attitude was just off. Never mind we go again tonight at a different pub hopefully. 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

and I got the impression she just hated dogs. 

Sorry Una thats done it for me ...  take the dog for a walk and let it sh1t in front of the place ..  then get home and give them a bad review on Trip advisor ...   scumbags !!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Sorry Una thats done it for me ...  take the dog for a walk and let it sh1t in front of the place ..  then get home and give them a bad review on Trip advisor ...   scumbags !!

Already done the bad review. 

• Like 1

Discovered the non sweaty joy of the electric bike today with the fam…. According to my Fitbit thing i work harder when walking gently!  Got up to 31kmph on a down hill bit too…!

might get one for the occasional commute (whenever that becomes a thing again?!)

i did go for a highly sweaty run though!

9 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Cyclists across Leicestershire will be breathing a sigh of relief.

Still working for Amazon for the next 10 days, difficult to go from weekly to monthly pay.

Those cyclists aren't quite safe lol

I think I'd get a record amount of likes on here if I managed to take a picture of one of them forced off the road, on his side, clipped in to his pedals.

I'm not that cruel though, unfortunately.