Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 17/07/2021 at 23:29, tom27111 said:

I had 4 500ml bottles of water in my van today whilst working, taken out of the fridge at 9.30am.

By 1pm, the 2 I had left were hot. Not just warm, hot.

Lucky I had a decent route today, 130 stops in 4 and a half hours. But it killed me. Probably lost 5lbs. Thought I had heat stroke on numerous occasions lol

I thought you were in car sales from some of your previous posts on here?

130 car deliveries in 4 and a half hours is going some. Well done. lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I thought you were in car sales from some of your previous posts on here?

130 car deliveries in 4 and a half hours is going some. Well done. lol

I was, until Cazoo bought out my company, then made everyone redundant in the middle of a pandemic, because they are scumbags of the highest order.

I deliver for Amazon at the minute, until something I really want to do comes along.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I was, until Cazoo bought out my company, then made everyone redundant in the middle of a pandemic, because they are scumbags of the highest order.

I deliver for Amazon at the minute, until something I really want to do comes along.

Sorry didn't realise that. Hope you get sorted. :thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Congratulations Stan I hope you had your perfect day and just one of many to come. 

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Congrats mate, glad you finally managed to have it after so long! :appl:

Thank you both! It was the perfect day! Extremely hot but worth it! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Thank you both! It was the perfect day! Extremely hot but worth it! 

Nothing worse then swass on your wedding day lol.

My wife is hindu so we had a sikh and hindu ceremony on the same day (double the pain). That hindu wedding was fire, literally had me over heating in my pahg (turban) and the mandir had 0 AC (cheapo desis). Think i lost a few kilos of sweat that day.

Enjoy the honeymoon and eventual lack of time to post on FT lol unless that was included in a prenup.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Nothing worse then swass on your wedding day lol.

My wife is hindu so we had a sikh and hindu ceremony on the same day (double the pain). That hindu wedding was fire, literally had me over heating in my pahg (turban) and the mandir had 0 AC (cheapo desis). Think i lost a few kilos of sweat that day.

Enjoy the honeymoon and eventual lack of time to post on FT lol unless that was included in a prenup.

Thankfully for all of you there'll be inevitably less time on here for me :D

We've got our Indian wedding end of next month so don't mind it being hot but not like it has been for the past few days! My Indian suit is quite thick and heavy and embroidered so I think I might actually melt at some point. 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Thankfully for all of you there'll be inevitably less time on here for me :D

We've got our Indian wedding end of next month so don't mind it being hot but not like it has been for the past few days! My Indian suit is quite thick and heavy and embroidered so I think I might actually melt at some point. 

Thats how they make these suits mate. Its a test to seee if you are man enough to get through the day lol. English and indian ceremonies? Are one of your  christian/catholic and the other Hindu or?

I've finally got 2 days off work, so instead of spending all day in an Amazon van, I spent 90 minutes in my car to pick a big bastard pool for the back garden. 

Just finished building it.

The hosepipe is on, although I don't expect we'll be able to use it until Sunday, when the 3834 litres will finally fill it :blink:

• Haha 1

Pretty shocking. Bit of a comedy of bad luck and shocking timing of late.

I work for myself which has generally been working at home of late, but with more and more visits out to people I do work for and with of late; things started picking up recently which was long overdue. We decided it was time to bite the bullet and get an office built in the garden, as opposed to having me working in a small suntrap of a room in the house (it gets to over 40 degrees in here often, but never higher than 42). 

Work was supposed to start on the building back in May, but unforeseen events for the contractors pushed that back. There was no blame anywhere, just one of those things with Covid and with supply of materials being a challenge. 2 weeks ago work started on the garden office building (modular kind of build). All going well; the kit was all bought ahead of time as well, but stored in the garage ready for kick off. As of Thursday noon last week, everything was fine; kids were enjoying last few days of school and the office was due to be complete on the Friday; air con fella to turn up and fix the air con, guttering to go on the office and sparky to finally sign off having connected the whole thing to the mains. At this point I had 6 big personal sporting events ahead over the next 10 days (nothing flash, just lawn bowls, but that's my thing now) a new office to look forward to and a board meeting to negotiate trying to buy back some of the company I run and partly own (I'm the sole 'working' director).

You know whats coming here in part. Thursday PM, youngest daughter doesn't look quite right. Feels fine.. but as a parent sometimes you just know. LFD done. Positive. The following day, my wife cancels our slot for air con, roofer and sparky and I have to cancel a load of work meetings and all my bowls for the next ten days. At this point; I don't feel particularly down, but mainly just deflated; the office will get finished; and the bowls ... well, there's next season, and the family are all 'well' even if not 'well' if that makes sense - they feel well even though one has Covid. Over the next few days, I realise what a big thing its been for the kids to miss the last three days of term, I don't remember being 7 or 8, but apparently these things are important; so they've moped a bit, even despite having hot weather and plenty of garden time.

I've then started to feel increasingly unwell, with what I can only real describe as complete indifference towards work. I'm still doing it and I feel still to a good standard; but I usually go about my business with quite a bit of vim and vigour and enthusiasm and dynamism (even if I do say so myself) and of late I've been underwriting by numbers I suppose. 

But the worst is today really; kids upset as they can only get involved in their classroom final day by zoom; and then the rains come. It rained torrentially. Our garage was completely overwhelmed by water; almost 2 feet deep in some places. The electrics tripped (I have a freezer in there); which knocked out more power to the house than it should have done. In addition; I was storing all the things for my new office in the garage; 2 x computers; 6 x monitors (yeah yeah); 2 x fridges (its also going to be a bar); ice machine; beer machine; large LCFC rug I bought years ago and was finally to have a home; 2 x flatpack desks; 2 x chairs... long story short that's all currently sat in about a foot (its gone down a bit now) of very questionable 'water'. 

Sparky might have a slot to finish off and sign off 'in September' and not much I can do about it as he's a subbie to the main contractor and has done all work to date and he main contractor doesn't want to swap him out (possibly paid him already).

So I've essentially been sweating my bo 11 ocks off today; working hard at a job I usually enjoy but couldn't get in the groove today, with 3 kids moaning as not at school and then furious when the broadband went down; looking all the time to the garden to survey the rain situation with my brand new (but unusable) office in my sightline; which should be finished and fully air conditioned.

Ah well; these things are sent to try us. I've just been out there in wellies to plan out a marathon session of eating whats in the freezer; so at least I won't be going hungry. 

.... And we're all alive and 'healthy' according to my definition of the word.

tl;dr: Sorry for long post; actually just best not to read it probably. I think typing it out was probably therapeutic.

• Sad 2

On 19/07/2021 at 12:15, StanSP said:

Thanks everyone for your comments :D

IMG_20210719_120441_704.thumb.jpg.22b935fb188ce08288990a734e2b3912.jpg

Happy days! 

You both have an awesome set of gnashers. Don't think my teeth were ever that good; well; maybe back in 1998 or something.

Don't you drink tea/coffee/red wine all the time?

Or do you just brush your teeth as opposed to falling asleep in front of youtube only to then wake up again at about 3 am and just carry on with whatever the crazy youtube algorithm has chosen for you?

8 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Thats how they make these suits mate. Its a test to seee if you are man enough to get through the day lol. English and indian ceremonies? Are one of your  christian/catholic and the other Hindu or?

lol 

We're both Hindu. But the civil ceremony (the one we had on Sunday) is the official one - the one that proves we're actually married. The Hindu ceremony is just for culture and tradition but ironically the biggest event! 

6 hours ago, bovril said:

Congrats @StanSP!

Must be the second best day you've had all year! 

Haha. One of the lines in my speech was:

'I've waited all my life for that one special moment, and that special moment came on the 15th May when we won the FA Cup' 

:D :D

6 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Congratulations @StanSP

She's a lucky lady, I didn't know you were such a dish :wub:

Haha thanks mate!

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

You both have an awesome set of gnashers. Don't think my teeth were ever that good; well; maybe back in 1998 or something.

Don't you drink tea/coffee/red wine all the time?

Or do you just brush your teeth as opposed to falling asleep in front of youtube only to then wake up again at about 3 am and just carry on with whatever the crazy youtube algorithm has chosen for you?

Thanks! I drink a lot of tea.

But yes, brushing teeth twice a day clearly paying off :D 

• Like 3