Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Doctor's appointment at 1400, arrive 10 mins in advance to find it locked.  Eventually catch the attention of a receptionist who'd been desperately avoiding eye contact and got let into the waiting room with a huffy "we don't open until 2".  What's the point of a waiting room if you don't want to let people use it? lol

Was about to spray the fence but got the sprayer out of the shed to find it’s er knackered. A fruitless trip to B & M before ordering one off Amazon. 

So watching the cup final again, the pollen levels are ridiculously high for mid August! :D

Went out for dinner last night with 3 colleagues. One of my colleagues lives within a mile so we've done the meetup with masks on outside (socially distanced) a few times. The other 2 i havent seen since mid march 2020. Have to say even though we have webex, teams, zoom etc.  was so nice to see them in person.

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Currently in Bristol with work at the minute, really cool place. Quite edgy and alternative but they seem to use the space really well, the harbour side is unreal. We went for some food last night and it’s one of the nicest meals I’ve had in a long time. Would recommend a weekend away here to anyone. 

Agreed, a beautiful place. That's why my wife is moving to Bedford - she can't have too much of a good life in Bristol :revenge:

As for restaurants, agree about Harbourside and all the areas nearby. Favourite restaurant is Spitfire. Great food there. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Agreed, a beautiful place. That's why my wife is moving to Bedford - she can't have too much of a good life in Bristol :revenge:

As for restaurants, agree about Harbourside and all the areas nearby. Favourite restaurant is Spitfire. Great food there. 

We went to Olive Shed last night - genuinely stunning. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

The pub in Bristol you were on about! I think it was you anyway haha 

I recommended one to someone who was going to a game in a couple of weeks but not sure it was that lol 

Agree with you though! Such a great city and on a sunny day by the river you could be anywhere!