Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

lol 

We're both Hindu. But the civil ceremony (the one we had on Sunday) is the official one - the one that proves we're actually married. The Hindu ceremony is just for culture and tradition but ironically the biggest event! 

Do you have to do the civil ceremony or can you just make it official at the Hindu one? I know this happens a lot of there for us brown folk but never understood why or bothered to ask lol

Over here in Canada we have to first apply for a marriage license (to get married) but you can get married at any religious institution so mine was made official at the gurdwara.

Sitting and walking around that fire is torture in a Canadian summer lol

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Do you have to do the civil ceremony or can you just make it official at the Hindu one? I know this happens a lot of there for us brown folk but never understood why or bothered to ask lol

Over here in Canada we have to first apply for a marriage license (to get married) but you can get married at any religious institution so mine was made official at the gurdwara.

In UK the Civil Ceremony has to be done. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the Hindu wedding is recognised as an official wedding ceremony in the UK so we wouldn't be legally married if it was just the Indian wedding we did. 

And yes, as much as I preferred the hot and dry weather over rain on Sunday, I don't think I (or my wife) would be able to cope with that kind of heat for the Indian wedding. Even before the walk around the fire it's the sheer weight of the outfits we'll both be wearing which will make it unbearable!

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

In UK the Civil Ceremony has to be done. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the Hindu wedding is recognised as an official wedding ceremony in the UK so we wouldn't be legally married if it was just the Indian wedding we did. 

And yes, as much as I preferred the hot and dry weather over rain on Sunday, I don't think I (or my wife) would be able to cope with that kind of heat for the Indian wedding. Even before the walk around the fire it's the sheer weight of the outfits we'll both be wearing which will make it unbearable!

Interesting, over here in Canada you can get married at a mandir, gurdwara, mosque etc

I remember mine and my wife's wedding outfits were definitely heavy and super fitted. Never doing it again! lol

Now they sit in the closet untouched for over 11 years lol.

Enjoy the newlywed sex in the meantime!

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Not sure about the UK... but in Oz there are certain parts and words that must be said (and must be said by an authorised Marriage celebrant) for a marriage to be legal and recognised. Those things can easily be incorporated into traditional and religious ceremonies and can literally only take 5 minutes if required.

You can get married...anywhere in OZ :)

A notice of intended marriage is required at LEAST 30 days before the wedding day is required.

Again, thats Australian law, not sure about other countries. :)

Talking of heat... i performed an outdoor wedding in 44 degree heat on the side of a hill in 2019. Absolutely INSANITY! (and the bride was 40 mins late!!! :mad:)

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Not sure about the UK... but in Oz there are certain parts and words that must be said (and must be said by an authorised Marriage celebrant) for a marriage to be legal and recognised. Those things can easily be incorporated into traditional and religious ceremonies and can literally only take 5 minutes if required.

You can get married...anywhere in OZ :)

A notice of intended marriage is required at LEAST 30 days before the wedding day is required.

Again, thats Australian law, not sure about other countries. :)

Talking of heat... i performed an outdoor wedding in 44 degree heat on the side of a hill in 2019. Absolutely INSANITY! (and the bride was 40 mins late!!! :mad:)

Side of a hill? Did they roll cheese down the hill after everyting was done and roll after it? Interesting. 

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

what kind of bullshit is that? unbelievable mate. glad you had a good day though, enjoy the next one too. imagine getting married twice at your age!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Beliall said:

what kind of bullshit is that? unbelievable mate. glad you had a good day though, enjoy the next one too. imagine getting married twice at your age!

Haha I don't mind it. For Indian families (well, most) the Indian wedding is usually the bigger occasion. Obviously won't ever forget the wedding on Sunday lol.

• Thanks 1

I'm currently sat in a layby on the A6, near Kettering, because my Amazon van has broken down.

Not even made it to my first stop. Today could be a long day.

If you're in Kibworth/Husbands Bosworth area, your Amazon is going to be late lol

Edited by tom27111
  • Sad 1

On 21/07/2021 at 11:29, StanSP said:

Haha I don't mind it. For Indian families (well, most) the Indian wedding is usually the bigger occasion. Obviously won't ever forget the wedding on Sunday lol.

Good luck for your big day mate.

Remember  to try and take it all in as it bloody flies through.

Best of luck to you both.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Webbo said:

Stood at the bar tonight and had a few pints, no mask. Life is good. 

Just as well, really.

If you'd worn a mask and had a few pints, the beer might have soaked into the cloth, got onto your face and spilled down your shirt.

You might have looked a bit silly stood at the bar in those circumstances. :D

13 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

First proper DJ gigs this weekend since early March last year. Excited and slightly nervous.

Coventry tonight, Solihull tomorrow.

Hope I remember what to do!

Livin' the dream... lol

15 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

First proper DJ gigs this weekend since early March last year. Excited and slightly nervous.

How safe are the local seats? 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You or the people you're playing to?

• Haha 2