Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

That's it, I've came to the conclusion you're a definite wind up merchant.

Why? I saw no mention of it in the football thread and I went out shopping. Got back about 4 and put SPN on for the scores. No mention of it on that just PL and Championship. Turned TV off and went for a kip. Got up about 9.30 and saw the result on the news.  I rarely put ITV on so would not see the build up.

But if you want to think I was winding people up that is up to you. I think I would come up with something better.

I lost interest after City were knocked out so did not know what round it was even. The final is in May. What a plonker. :)

Edited by Rincewind

It is confusing when they play the semis at Wembley.

Only caught the end of it and they said something like Arsenal were celebrating a Wembley win. Then I posted  without thinking it through. I honestly thought the semi's had been played. Looked up the other one Sheff Utd V Hull Being played at 4.07pm.

Strange kick off time.

Edited by Rincewind

Only caught the end of it and they said something like Arsenal were celebrating a Wembley win. Then I posted  without thinking it through. I honestly thought the semi's had been played. Looked up the other one Sheff Utd V Hull Being played at 4.07pm.

Strange kick off time.

Come on man, surely you know why this is?

Have I got a bit more news for you, Farage is on it lol

How does that Roisin (overweight blonde woman) gets on tv shows? I'm fed up of unfunny comediennes being shooed in because there's enough unfunny comedians.

Dogging Tales.

Strange strange people.

That Terry had his hands full with those 2 birds!i liked that bloke who said he never wore a condom as none of them would fit as he was just too big.of course you are mate.

Oh and," we used to take our kids to the woods and tell them there were fairies about,kids like that sort of thing,but one day they came running back saying there was a naked man,tied up with a bag on his head" brilliant

That Terry had his hands full with those 2 birds!i liked that bloke who said he never wore a condom as none of them would fit as he was just too big.of course you are mate.

Oh and," we used to take our kids to the woods and tell them there were fairies about,kids like that sort of thing,but one day they came running back saying there was a naked man,tied up with a bag on his head" brilliant

That Terry made me laugh, when the girl said "would you like your c**k sucked" no I don't, then he just went really weird and said he doesn't like it anymore.

That bloke who said he couldn't fit condoms on blamed the internet for less people dogging these days lol.

How to get a council house, on channel 4 should be interesting tonight.

For the most part, predictable stock coverage of people on benefits.

I was fuming though that one woman with 4 kids (I think) complaining about having her housing benefit capped then saying she would have to cancel her Sky subscription! Not new, I know this is percieved as the norm amongst benefits claimants. (I personally don't believe it is the norm, more a bit of sensationalism and I would have been surprised if the programme hadn't included someone like her). She also had one of those battery powered cars for the kids and 3 mobile phones!!

Also watched Monkey Planet, fantastic. Among other things, chimps using hair to floss their teeth, using "tools" to crack open shellfish, monkeys jumping off a tower into a trough of water for the thrill of it. Amazing.

The benefits system is a mess. You've still got loads of people using it as a lifestyle choice. Everyone on benefits should be expected to take steps to getting off them imo. That doesn't just include people out of work either. If you're poor then you should live within your means. Doing a part time job doesn't mean you can live a life of luxury topped up by the taxpayer.

The benefits system is a mess. You've still got loads of people using it as a lifestyle choice. Everyone on benefits should be expected to take steps to getting off them imo. That doesn't just include people out of work either. If you're poor then you should live within your means. Doing a part time job doesn't mean you can live a life of luxury topped up by the taxpayer.

The government incentive to get people working is to reward those on low pay but in work, albeit part-time, by not capping their housing benefits if they are in work.

No job, benefits capped. Job, wages topped up by benefits and no housing benefits cap.

The government incentive to get people working is to reward those on low pay but in work, albeit part-time, by not capping their housing benefits if they are in work.

No job, benefits capped. Job, wages topped up by benefits and no housing benefits cap.

I don't really agree with it to be honest. Just because someone has a low paid part time job, they still cost the taxpayer a huge amount.

I don't really agree with it to be honest. Just because someone has a low paid part time job, they still cost the taxpayer a huge amount.

So what alternative incentive would you suggest?

Surely to reward someone for getting a job, even low paid, is better than paying them a greater amount in benefits?

Part of the thinking behind the scheme is to get away from the previous situation where some people were better off not working because getting a job meant they lost out financially.

• Like 1

Well they move closer to being able to live independently of benefits. People shouldn't be on benefits at all if they refuse to work.

I don't mind people getting some benefits when they are in part time work, after all if you work full time and you only get part time hours then that is underemployment. You would still need to show you are looking for work though.

Benefits are probably too high in many instances though, that is part of the problem.

Edited by ADK

Well they move closer to being able to live independently of benefits. People shouldn't be on benefits at all if they refuse to work.

I don't mind people getting some benefits when they are in part time work, after all if you work full time and you only get part time hours then that is underemployment. You would still need to show you are looking for work though.

Benefits are probably too high in many instances though, that is part of the problem.

I don't want to go over the old ground covered in many previous threads on here, but basic JSA for a single person is £57 a week. Yes, you then get housing benefit on top. But it's barely enough to survive and buy food and pay bills.

My daughter pays £10 a week gas, £10 a week elctricity and £10 a week water rates. That leaves her £27 for food, household goods and other expenses, such as weekly TV licence payments.

Anyway, it's all been said before as have all the counter-arguments.