Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

True. I tend to flip flop on the issue. You meet someone struggling and you feel they are not getting enough and then you meet someone who is getting enough that they don't really have an incentive to work. Other than going round passing judgement based on a snapshot of people's lives, the present, largely impartial system is probably the most correct.

For the most part, predictable stock coverage of people on benefits.

I was fuming though that one woman with 4 kids (I think) complaining about having her housing benefit capped then saying she would have to cancel her Sky subscription! Not new, I know this is percieved as the norm amongst benefits claimants. (I personally don't believe it is the norm, more a bit of sensationalism and I would have been surprised if the programme hadn't included someone like her). She also had one of those battery powered cars for the kids and 3 mobile phones!!

Also watched Monkey Planet, fantastic. Among other things, chimps using hair to floss their teeth, using "tools" to crack open shellfish, monkeys jumping off a tower into a trough of water for the thrill of it. Amazing.

I enjoyed the contrast between two of your paragraphs. Depressing to see monkeys are smarter than some of chavs! 

O'Sullivan v Hull and there's a woman on the front row in an LCFC shirt! Good girl!

City are usually quite well represented at the Snooker World Champs, always seeing city and west ham shirts for some reason lol

Went there during my time at Sheffield Uni in around 2005 for a first round match between John Higgins and the up and coming Mark Selby - naturally in my City shirt. Was literally on the front row so expected at least a wry smile from the Jester, but being the consumate professional, he just racked up the frames without even any acknowledgement.

A friend has recommended The Following with Kevin Bacon, anybody on here seen it?

It's okay.

Main character (not Bacon) plays a great part.

The second season has so many coïncidences and "good guys" not getting killed that I'm starting to find it very annoying but watching it for the central role character.

It's okay.

Main character (not Bacon) plays a great part.

The second season has so many coïncidences and "good guys" not getting killed that I'm starting to find it very annoying but watching it for the central role character.

Hmmmmm ok, cheers for the heads up, I might hold off watching it then.

Thanks for the post.