Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stez

BARGAINS - Put them in here!

• 2 years later...

If you get down to Asda quick there is lego star wars set, should be £11 but is scanning as 71p. Someone came in this morning and cleared the shelf in Thurmaston. Might find it elsewhere.

12 hours ago, Webbo said:

If you get down to Asda quick there is lego star wars set, should be £11 but is scanning as 71p. Someone came in this morning and cleared the shelf in Thurmaston. Might find it elsewhere.

Happened to me once with Honey Nut Shredded wheat clocking in at 37p in a Tesco Metro…. One of the best days of my life…

• Haha 1

Anyone still use Groupon?

Most of it is shite but the odd bargain I reckon.

1 year McAffee anti-virus that protects up to 10 devices only £10 at the moment (usually £60)

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Anyone still use Groupon?

Most of it is shite but the odd bargain I reckon.

1 year McAffee anti-virus that protects up to 10 devices only £10 at the moment (usually £60)

I'd still well clear of McAffee if I were you Iz - it's pretty much bloat-ware that will slow your machine down.

These days - if you're running Windows 10 then Windows own Defender / Antivirus will be sufficient. 

If not then perhaps look at something like AVG which is free and does a very good job. 

Hopefully that advice isn't too late lol. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I'd still well clear of McAffee if I were you Iz - it's pretty much bloat-ware that will slow your machine down.

These days - if you're running Windows 10 then Windows own Defender / Antivirus will be sufficient. 

If not then perhaps look at something like AVG which is free and does a very good job. 

Hopefully that advice isn't too late lol. 

Cheers Daz :thumbup:

I've bought it now but it's only a tenner so could give it to the wife I suppose. I've always used McAffee but didn't realise AVG was free or the one Buce mentioned.

Appreciate your help mate..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I've bought it now but it's only a tenner so could give it to the wife I suppose. I've always used McAffee but didn't realise AVG was free or the one Buce mentioned.

haha, no worries brother - sorry I couldn't get to you before you signed up!

imo, personally - for the sake of £10 - I wouldn't even give it to the wife (unless you want her hassling you every few minutes with 'why is my computer so slow, why doesn't it start up as quickly as before, etc.)

:)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Just stick it on ebay, bro.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 30/05/2018 at 11:21, lifted*fox said:

haha, no worries brother - sorry I couldn't get to you before you signed up!

imo, personally - for the sake of £10 - I wouldn't even give it to the wife (unless you want her hassling you every few minutes with 'why is my computer so slow, why doesn't it start up as quickly as before, etc.)

:)

On 30/05/2018 at 11:24, Buce said:

Just stick it on ebay, bro.

Nearly six years ago these posts - wow.

I miss you two legends.

Just now, Daggers said:

Fvck me - that looks really expensive.

The only thing more impressive than these cushions is the amount of time it took me to find this thread...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Video gif. A tabby cat looking into and reaching up toward a fisheye camera, as its face presses up to the lens.

Good to know you're still alive Daz.

Hope you're well bro. Miss your contributions on here mate :unsure:

On 28/09/2015 at 07:53, Rincewind said:

Perfect for student inituations or Tinder failures.

http://www.amazon.com/Erotic-Love-Piggie-Blow-up-Pig/dp/B0013LAKXC

I miss this guy :cry:.

i remember when he was in hospital and I called the hospital to find out how he was. I pretended to me one of his best mates from down the pub. I then posted his Ward on here and we all sent him pictures of horses as sort of a get well message

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MPH said:

i remember when he was in hospital and I called the hospital to find out how he was. I pretended to me one of his best mates from down the pub. I then posted his Ward on here and we all sent him pictures of horses as sort of a get well message

I remember that. I was fairly new to FT and I was touched by your subsequent post/s on Rincey. (Not to be confused with Tincy who was completely different character.  lol

I found Rincewind's posts simple, but with a genuine concern for those downtrodden and unfortunate people he tried to support in his own way.

He often got stick for his views but his principles were sound.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I remember that. I was fairly new to FT and I was touched by your subsequent post/s on Rincey. (Not to be confused with Tincy who was completely different character.  lol

I found Rincewind's posts simple, but with a genuine concern for those downtrodden and unfortunate people he tried to support in his own way.

He often got stick for his views but his principles were sound.

He had a genuine heart of gold and meant no harm to anyone. This world needs more people like him, not less.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2024 at 03:07, MPH said:

Not a bad bone in his body 

A thoroughly decent bloke was Rincey