Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Gleggings? or just jeggings. You look a bit like John Lennon (minus the knitwear) in that pic..

Behave my fat arse looks more like Mark David Chapman.

My 15 minutes of Jason Byrne fame has spilled onto Twitter where people are 'spotting' me around Herts. If I get home tonight and there's Paps at the door I'm gonna get full Elton on them.

Jokes on them - I've been in London watching New Found Glory like a 15 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombay Bicycle Club in London straight after the Man City game tomorrow. Rush to get back but they're always quality live and there's a lovely strip club down the road.

Saw them a few years back with Lucy Rose doing some of her singing with them. Great little gig. Thought they'd become bigger than they are. I predicted theyd headline Glastonbury one year

Been to see Navene K / Tesseract / Animals as Leaders, Mother's Cake / Anathema, Jaga Jazzist and Adam Fischer's rendition of Beethoven's 9th symphony this last month.

Tomorrow it's time for The Interbeing / Meshuggah.... Absolutely epic music around these days!

How was madness? I went the other week and got in a bit of trouble, through no fault of my own mind you

Who in cardiff tomorrow, can't wait

It was good, a bit of a dip in the middle with the guitarist self indulging himself by singing hey big spender :xmassad:  

I have to admit most people were having a good time, but I got stuck with some of the dullest people there, the woman infront who was huge and was eating fish and chips looked like she was at a wake rather than a concert.  The geezer behind me stood up right at the start so I did too, only to get a tap on the shoulder and asked if I could sit for a bit, which I did, the very next song he was up again WTF!  Luckily there was a few spare seats near me where everyone stood so we just moved across.

All in all a good time, better atmosphere than when I saw the specials the oher week.

I thought the specials was much better then madness. At madness I had a fella the wife by the throat cos she wanted to get to the gig, she's only 21 and he was much much older. It's a gig FFS what did he expect!

The who was top, cut short by five songs cos rogers voice going. But he did ramble on between songs which I hate.

The top it for gig of the year for me

You got British Sunmer Time tickets?

Saw them a few years back with Lucy Rose doing some of her singing with them. Great little gig. Thought they'd become bigger than they are. I predicted theyd headline Glastonbury one year

Really great gig. Last ever at Earls Court. Lucy Rose came out for a bit as well as some other lass whose name I forget. Most importantly though - Dave Gilmour from Pink Floyd rocks up half way through smashes out Wish You Were Here and the 12 people my age and above in the crowd go wild.

I thought the specials was much better then madness. At madness I had a fella the wife by the throat cos she wanted to get to the gig, she's only 21 and he was much much older. It's a gig FFS what did he expect!

The who was top, cut short by five songs cos rogers voice going. But he did ramble on between songs which I hate.

The top it for gig of the year for me

You got British Sunmer Time tickets?

No, TBH I'm only really interested in going around the midlands for gigs thesedays.  Are you talking about The Who in Nott's?  Rogers voice was amazingly strong I only ask because they actually played a little longer than scheduled.

Pearl jam's 3 hours at Leeds would come close to gig of the year, but it will go to The Who, I was surprised Rogers voice could still belt out the tunes at 70 (love reign o'er me for example...amazing), and Pete was still mesmerizing on the guitar.

Yeah thats the one, great little venue. Also off to the Joe Carnall gig aswell.

Saw glass caves there back in October, had no idea there was a downstairs, so was a bit worried when I couldn't see any sign of musicians in the main bar haha.

Think I'll be hitting one of the gigs on Circa's next tour. Next gig lined up in Sheffield isn't till March for some Catfish and the Bottlemen action.