Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Johnny Marr at Leadmill, Sheffield, next Friday. :cool:

Might get tickets for this myself actually.

My mum's just booked for the 4 of us to go see Paul McCartney at the O2. It'll be just my luck if I go and get an exam scheduled the next day now.

Just back from Morrissey, ok gig, lots of stuff from his latest album which I liked but not sure the crowd did.  I think there was 4 smiths songs and a couple from his solo debut to please a lot of his older fans.

During meat is murder he played a distressing video the result being people fainting...at least I am assuming it was because of that, which I suppose is the sort of reaction Mozza wants.

Seen so many gigs that I'm running out of bands I really want to see, and have already seen some bands multiple times, hoping for new bands to start popping up to revive my interest in new music...still have some new bands I want to see though.

Nothing else planned for this year but might be going to see vic and bob later on in the year :D

Johnny Marr was mint and The Leadmill is a top venue. Seemed a lot of the crowd just wanted him to play a Smiths-only setlist though which is a shame as his solo stuff sounds great live.

Closed on How Soon Is Now? which was just awesome. Also thought the support band Two Skies were good, reminded me a lot of The Music.

Johnny Marr is a hero and surprised me of how good he is live when I saw him in October last year. Seeing him in the summer too and cannot wait. His release for this year's record day includes his live version of 'Please, please, please' from Manchester in October when I was in attendance :D Would have gone to see him at The Leadmill myself if I was at home and not at Uni with a bit of work on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to see Twin Atlantic last night at Brixton.

Night started off with a bit of a farce - my mate had the tickets on her phone but got told by security at the venue that we have to go to an internet cafe to print them off lol. Fvck knows why.

Anyway, support acts were decent but really enjoyed Twin Atlantic. Played an even mix between new album and older songs. Hearing Crash Land (acoustic) and Free kind of made the night, for me :wub:

Whenever I go 42s there's always a fight. Great night though drinks are so cheap.

Yeah known for it.

Got hit outside there minding my own business a few months back and found myself in the surreal situation of being sober enough to know that hitting someone on the street is not the right thing to do but aware enough to know that if someone hits you unprovoked, they probably deserve a taste of their own medicine.

As he was on the small side I decided to stay in keeping with 42s tradition. Don't think it was the right decision in the end. Definitely didn't feel that way when my mate linked me to an article titled 'The Search For The One Punch Manchester Killer' on the Monday morning. Dates didn't match. The bastard got me; hook line and sinker. For a split second I knew what it felt like to be a murderer. Scary that for some it's as easy as a scuffle gone wrong for the sake of years behind bars. Won't be doing it again.

Saying that, even without that experience I doubt by the time the fourth Courteeners tune is reeled off this time around that I'd care enough to retaliate if someone was to take a dump on my face.

Edited by Nod.E