Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

MK Dons

Really pissed off about this one - tried numerous times to get a ticket last week, both on the phone and via email. The ticket office decides to eventually get back to me after all the tickets have gone. I wouldn't mind so much but I'm a season ticket holder and go to a significant number of away games each season. And being based in London means I can't go and queue at the ticket office at 8am. It really riles me to see people getting tickets that haven't even been to a game all season (as I've just seen on LCFC World).

It seems clear that they have given priority to people that queued up for tickets rather than people that invest significant time, money and effort into the club.

Really pissed off about this one - tried numerous times to get a ticket last week, both on the phone and via email. The ticket office decides to eventually get back to me after all the tickets have gone. I wouldn't mind so much but I'm a season ticket holder and go to a significant number of away games each season. And being based in London means I can't go and queue at the ticket office at 8am. It really riles me to see people getting tickets that haven't even been to a game all season (as I've just seen on LCFC World).

It seems clear that they have given priority to people that queued up for tickets rather than people that invest significant time, money and effort into the club.

It is totally unfair Frenzied. I have been fortunate in not missing out thisseason but suffered a bit previously. Make sure that the ticket office have records of your away games, try and build a bit of a relationship with them and hopefully they'll take you under their wing.

This sort of dogs dinner is exactly why the idiot saying all ticket releases should be a free for all is so wrong.

It is totally unfair Frenzied. I have been fortunate in not missing out thisseason but suffered a bit previously. Make sure that the ticket office have records of your away games, try and build a bit of a relationship with them and hopefully they'll take you under their wing.

This sort of dogs dinner is exactly why the idiot saying all ticket releases should be a free for all is so wrong.

You're right. They should have a record of some of my away games but I've paid on the gate at quite a few times or it's been the turn of mate of mine to get the tickets.

It goes to show that there systems are totally flawed.

You're right. They should have a record of some of my away games but I've paid on the gate at quite a few times or it's been the turn of mate of mine to get the tickets.

It goes to show that there systems are totally flawed.

Not really.

While I have sympathy with your plight we all know about the Priority system and therefore if you aren't buying tickets from the club you have a duty to keep them informed about your status. If you'd sent them in your stubs from last season you'd have been allocated a Priority status and given a card thereby allowing you to phone or email to purchase tickets in advance of these queuing people.

There comes a point where you have to accept a little personal responsibility, no?

Not really.

While I have sympathy with your plight we all know about the Priority system and therefore if you aren't buying tickets from the club you have a duty to keep them informed about your status. If you'd sent them in your stubs from last season you'd have been allocated a Priority status and given a card thereby allowing you to phone or email to purchase tickets in advance of these queuing people.

There comes a point where you have to accept a little personal responsibility, no?

My main gripe isn't that I don't have a priority status - I do - but the club has ignored this and prioritised people that queued, some of whom haven't been to a game all season. Fair play to the people that queued but some people, like me, are unable to get to the ticket office in the morning during the week. As I mentioned, I tried to call them early last week (but couldn't get through) and emailed them too. I received a response after they had sold-out. The problem here is that they have sold tickets to people that do not have a priority status ahead of people like me that do, and that contacted them first - that is a seriously flawed system.

If the club is prioritising people simply because they queue then they should take into account people like me that make a 200 mile round-trip for each home game added to however far I and others travel for away games. That, plus the in excess of £1500 a season that it costs to follow the club is more than just a little personal responsibility I think.

Added to this, I know that the ticket office regularly fail to keep to their own rules: selling more tickets per person than they should etc. Whether or not that happened on this occassion I don't know but I suspect it probably did.

My main gripe isn't that I don't have a priority status - I do - but the club has ignored this and prioritised people that queued, some of whom haven't been to a game all season. Fair play to the people that queued but some people, like me, are unable to get to the ticket office in the morning during the week. As I mentioned, I tried to call them early last week (but couldn't get through) and emailed them too. I received a response after they had sold-out. The problem here is that they have sold tickets to people that do not have a priority status ahead of people like me that do, and that contacted them first - that is a seriously flawed system.

If the club is prioritising people simply because they queue then they should take into account people like me that make a 200 mile round-trip for each home game added to however far I and others travel for away games. That, plus the in excess of £1500 a season that it costs to follow the club is more than just a little personal responsibility I think.

Added to this, I know that the ticket office regularly fail to keep to their own rules: selling more tickets per person than they should etc. Whether or not that happened on this occassion I don't know but I suspect it probably did.

Your main gripe is prioritising people who queued. The people that queued for the extra tickets that had been made availiable was on the Thursday morning.

Priority 1 = Monday.

Priority 2 = Tuesday.

Priority 3 = Wednesday.

General Sale = Thursday.

So they were just doing the normal thing, nothing wrong.

I'm sorry, and I know it's a ball ache but I did it - If you waited and persisted with the phone long enough you would have got through, Ignoring you e-mail's that was quite bad by the club, but in personal experience I have never had an e-mail ignored.

Matt, your wrong.

General sale is Friday.

Thursday is members.

Oh ok, Fair point, I though members and general sale was the same day. :dunno:

Still, As much as I can understand the disappointment and anger by people I stand by my comments that if people go to that many away matches, then they should be priority 1 or atleast 2, If they are they should have got tickets no problem, and if it's because they 'forgot' or 'couldn't be bother' or 'didn't have time' as I have seen people say, i'm sorry but that is your own problem. I know there a certain circumstances where there are other reasons why people couldn't get them, and I know as has been said the ticket office has sold too many tickets at a time to certain people, or to people who didn't have the correct priority, which is a shame but it happens.

Oh ok, Fair point, I though members and general sale was the same day. :dunno:

Still, As much as I can understand the disappointment and anger by people I stand by my comments that if people go to that many away matches, then they should be priority 1 or atleast 2, If they are they should have got tickets no problem, and if it's because they 'forgot' or 'couldn't be bother' or 'didn't have time' as I have seen people say, i'm sorry but that is your own problem. I know there a certain circumstances where there are other reasons why people couldn't get them, and I know as has been said the ticket office has sold too many tickets at a time to certain people, or to people who didn't have the correct priority, which is a shame but it happens.

There would be little point being a member if that was the case :thumbup:

Your main gripe is prioritising people who queued. The people that queued for the extra tickets that had been made availiable was on the Thursday morning.

Priority 1 = Monday.

Priority 2 = Tuesday.

Priority 3 = Wednesday.

General Sale = Thursday.

I'm sorry, and I know it's a ball ache but I did it - If you waited and persisted with the phone long enough you would have got through, Ignoring you e-mail's that was quite bad by the club, but in personal experience I have never had an e-mail ignored.

Unfortunately my job doesn't allow me the luxury of spending the whole day on the phone to the ticket office. I had been led to believe by the club, however, that my season ticket and the fact that I attended over ten away games last season gave me the luxury of priority over those that invest less time and money into LCFC - clearly on this occassion it didn't.

I've never had an email ignored before either (although on more than one occassion I've had to send several before getting a response), and it wasn't this time. The ticket office simply sold all the tickets before taking it upon themselves to reply. That shows there is clearly a problem with the way they handle ticket enquiries. I sent my email on Wednesday morning and received a reply on Thursday afternoon.

Unfortunately my job doesn't allow me the luxury of spending the whole day on the phone to the ticket office. I had been led to believe by the club, however, that my season ticket and the fact that I attended over ten away games last season gave me the luxury of priority over those that invest less time and money into LCFC - clearly on this occassion it didn't.

I've never had an email ignored before either (although on more than one occassion I've had to send several before getting a response), and it wasn't this time. The ticket office simply sold all the tickets before taking it upon themselves to reply. That shows there is clearly a problem with the way they handle ticket enquiries. I sent my email on Wednesday morning and received a reply on Thursday afternoon.

I know a few people who are ST holders who applied in plenty of time, and at the correct time to get tickets for this match, and after the ticket office confirming that they had tickets, the same tickets were then subsequently sold to people of a lower priority the next day. Not entirely sure what happened but I'd be willing to bet that there have been a few cock-ups ilike this for this match.

After contacting them Wednesday morning I got an email saying that they would contact me as soon as they could, when I heard nothing I emailed them again and then received 3 automated replies saying they'd sold out the extra tickets.

Fair enough, Although (And maybe I was just lucky) I finished work at 4.30pm on the Tuesday and phoned them and got answered in 20 minutes (A long wait I will admit but not that long really).

And also e-mail Wednesday was cutting it abit thin anyway - Within the supposed prioritys I understand but still cutting it quite thin, especially as you have been to over 10 aways last season, putting you up to Priority 1, atleast 2, Maybe send e-mail earlier next time. As you had been to atleast 10 aways last season you were atleast Priority 2 so could have sent one Tuesday morning.

Shut up.

Priority 1 = Monday.

Priority 2 = Tuesday.

Priority 3 = Wednesday.

General Sale = Thursday.

Not on this occasion. I was trying to get through to the ticket office for nearly 2 hours early Thurs morning - seems they just gave up on answering them and dealt with the queue instead. When I finally got through, they'd sold out. And, ordinarily, there is no way I could hang on that long if I was at work. I can understand why fans that couldn't get to Leicester (or those who work and didn't have the option of going down there) feel a little aggrieved. I'd also emailed - no response. :angry:

If youve been to loads of away games then you would be priority 1 or 2 so quite simply you should have sorted out your ticket on those days and you would have got one.

Simple.

Although it was shocking that they sold out so fast, i didn't even check the website or on here on the Wednesday because assumed there would be tickets left, went to ticket office at 4pm and they had been sold out for hours lol

Its your own fault for not getting tickets earlier, but no one knew they would sell out so unbelieveably fast.

Getting tickets for the crucial relegation battle away games at Barnsley in last 2 seasons was easy, getting tickets for Villa, Fulhams away was easy, even Chelsea away, and Preston away.

Id never thought id say a side who were 2 divisions below us last season, Mk Dons away, would be our biggest game of the season, how the mighty have fallen :crylaugh:

The priority system is very good, it gurantees tickets for the hardcore awayers, priority 1 and 2 as long as you go on those days pretty much.

And us STH who dont go to many away games are pretty certain to get tickets too.

You have to be a STH though, you cant just go to loads of away games, with no ST then expect to go Mk Dons.

STH are the most important part of any football club.

If youve been to loads of away games then you would be priority 1 or 2 so quite simply you should have sorted out your ticket on those days and you would have got one.

Simple.

Although it was shocking that they sold out so fast, i didn't even check the website or on here on the Wednesday because assumed there would be tickets left, went to ticket office at 4pm and they had been sold out for hours lol

Its your own fault for not getting tickets earlier, but no one knew they would sell out so unbelieveably fast.

Getting tickets for the crucial relegation battle away games at Barnsley in last 2 seasons was easy, getting tickets for Villa, Fulhams away was easy, even Chelsea away, and Preston away.

Id never thought id say a side who were 2 divisions below us last season, Mk Dons away, would be our biggest game of the season, how the mighty have fallen :crylaugh:

:frusty: Its based on the previous season's away attendances. Therefore if he only went to say 7 or 8 away games last season he would still be priority 3.

:frusty: Its based on the previous season's away attendances. Therefore if he only went to say 7 or 8 away games last season he would still be priority 3.

He could have got one on priority 3 in the morning before extra 800 tickets though :frusty:

Its just one of those once a season games that sells out like hotcakes. Theres 11000+ STH and only 4300 Mk Dons tickets, well over half have to miss out.

Stoke away was one last season.

He had been to 'over 10' last season though, meaning he was atleast Priority 2, Possibly Priority 1.

Archived