Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Huddersfield Player Ratings

Martin 8 One or two good saves

Gilbert 6.5

Hobbs 7.5

Morrison 7.5

Berner 8 MOTM for me, not a classy performance but for sheer physical presence and effort he kept us going when things were going wrong.

Oakley 7.5

King 7

Cleverly 6 Improved towards the end but for me the worse man on the pitch.

Dyer 6.5 not much better

Fryatt 7

Howard 8 Dead on his feet towards the end but still kept winning/holding the ball.

SUBS;

Mattock 6.5

Martin 7 - Pulled off some good saves, had no chance with either of the two goals.

Gilbert 6 - Was getting beat on the flank and picked up a silly booking, deserved to be subbed.

Hobbs 7 - Nice to see him get on the score sheet, looking more confident and settled after each game.

Morrison 7 - See Hobbs.

Berner 7.5 - Picked up a goal and battled well in midfield where we were being over powered in the first half, good performance.

Oakley 7.5 - Much better than at Yeovil, passed the ball well, made some decent tackles & battled well in the middle of the park.

Cleverley 7 - Looked lost in the first half, making some silly passes. Looked much better on the flank and made some good link up play with Oakley. Pretty impressed.

King 6.5 - Wasn't his best game but came into it a little later on, played some nice passes and has good vision, but seems to go walkabout when the going gets tough.

Dyer 6 - What has happened to him? No confidence whatsoever.

Fryatt 7 - Glad to see him get back within the goals, thought his positioning was good today.

Howard 8 - Just quality.

It is difficult to rate this game. We only played for 30 minutes. The 1st 60 were terrible and I'd give no-one better than a 5.

Based on our performance once getting back to 2-2...

Martin - 7 - Good shot stopper, but suspect in controlling his area.

(Gilbert - n/a - he wasn't on the pitch then.)

Cleverley - 7 - He was half decent down the right. Impressive. Looked to get forward, played decent balls and defended well.

Morrison - 7 - Another job well done.

Hobbs - 8 - MOTM - Superb performance.

Mattock - 7- No problems. Showed a bit of skill towards the end with a decent step over and nutmeg. That was good to see.

Oakley - 7 - Solid performance.

King - 7 - Took control of midfield well as the opposition tired. Good engine, kept it ticking over.

Berner - 7 - Clever player. Good goal, almost got a second. Again, good engine, kept on battling and stuck with it.

Dyer - 7 - That was a performance almost as good as his best. That was much more like it. He became a man possessed in the final 30!

Howard - 8 - Worked extremely hard. Constantly fouled and nothing given. Did his bit for the team as always.

Fryatt - 6.75 - A little quiet today. Took his goal well though.

Subs:

Dickov - n/a - Didn't even get a chance to get booked.

Pearson - 9 - Watching NP on the touchline today was comical. Constantly having a go at the 4th official, and rightly so, and having lots of banter with Clark. Normally NP is quite reserved on the touchline, not today though. Still, looks to be enjoying it and fair play. :thumbup:

Referee - 0 - Total disgrace.

It was good to see our quality shine through in the end. Although complacency was clearly evident for the first 60 minutes of the game. At the end of the day though, yet another team comes at us, and yet again we put another 4 past them.

Teams in this division cannot defend.

Martin 7 - Made some crucial saves.

Gilbert 5 - Poor, still looking for his pants on the pitch now, according to rumours.

Berner 7 - Played well, scored, provided that midfield steel what we lacked in the first half.

Hobbs 7 - Shaky start, but proved to be solid and chipped in with a goal.

Morrsion 7 - Generally solid all round, goal.

Oakley 7 - got well stuck in and played some nice passes about.

Dyer 5 - What's going on with him?

Cleverly 6 - Didn't really fill the gap left by Davies, better in the second half.

King 6 - Got well out-muscled in the first half and didn't really do much, but got better as the game went on.

Fryatt 6 - Scored, made a chance for Cleverly. Linked well with Howard.

Howard 6 - Moaned, at fault for their second goal, but his all round play was excellent.

Mattock 6 - Solid, got well stuck in.

Martin - 7 - Fantastic saves and was good when called upon.

Gilbert - 6 - average thought he was lack-lustre first half.

Morrison - 8 - Shakey first half solid as a rock 2nd and a goal too.

Hobbs - 9 - Mint, Awesome superb today did everything he had to do, and scored aswell.

Berner - 9 - My MOTM, changed the game when he went in to CM added the resilience that we needed.

Oakly - 8 Solid

Dyer - 7 - Another average game from him

King - 7 - he missed a "davies-esque" player first half berner helped him 2nd half

Clevery - 7 - poor first half, much improved second.

Fryatt - 8 - worked hard, got a goal to.

Howard - 8 - Solid should of scored too.

Mattock - 7 look solid and composed at times.

Martin - 7 - This guy still worries me sometimes. But did reasonably well today.

Gilbert - 6 - Had an average game.

Cleverley - 7 - Played alot better when switched to right back,.

Morrison - 7 - good goal.

Hobbs - 8 - very good game. Won all the headers.

Mattock - 7 - Did well when he came on. Brilliant skill towards the end.

Oakley - 7.5 - Solid. Very good influence on the younger players such as King.

King - 7 - Good possession of the ball and looked confident.

Berner - 7 - Used his experiance well. and looked alot better than thier centre midfielders.

Dyer - 7 - Massive improvement today ..got involved more than other games recently.

Howard - 8 - Won most headers. Set 2 goals up. MOM for me.

Fryatt - 6.5 - Apart from his goal didn't do much if im honest.

Subs:

Dickov n/a

Pearson - 9 - The decision to change things round at half time with Berner and Cleverly was brilliant and seemed to really have paid off. Cleverly looked very good at right back.

Martin - 7 - This guy still worries me sometimes. But did reasonably well today.

Gilbert - 7 - Had an average game.

Cleverley - 7 - Played alot better when switched to right back,.

Morrison - 7 - good goal.

Hobbs - 8 - very good game. Won all the headers.

Mattock - 7 - Did well when he came on. Brilliant skill towards the end.

Oakley - 7.5 - Solid. Very good influence on the younger players such as King.

King - 7 - Good possession of the ball and looked confident.

Berner - 7 - Used his experiance well. and looked alot better than thier centre midfielders.

Dyer - 7 - Massive improvement today ..got involved more than other games recently.

Howard - 8 - Won most headers. Set 2 goals up. MOM for me.

Fryatt - 6.5 - Apart from his goal didn't do much if im honest.

Subs:

Dickov n/a

Pearson - 9 - The decision to change things round at half time with Berner and Cleverly was brilliant and seemed to really have paid off. Cleverly looked very good at right back.

How is 7 an average game? Really?

How is 7 an average game? Really?

I have seen him play better and play worse, i thought first half he was attacking well, just his defensiveness let him down, i don't think he was worse than King, or Dyer

Martin -7- Couple of good saves but I'd like to see the first goal again.

Gilbert -5- Awful on the ball and has been since he's came back from injury, not convinced he can play at higher level.

Hobbs- 7- Got better as game went on.

Morrison - As above.

Berner -7- Wasn't great at left back but added some fight to midfield, crucial goal.

Oakley -6- Was poor until last 20 minutes.

Cleverley -6- Started well, then lost all confidence until we went infront and then looked good.

King -6- Worked hard but game passed him by.

Dyer -6- Not good again but good run for Fryatt goal.

Fryatt -6- Hardly any service, scored his only chance.

Howard -6.5- Really don't see where these 8's are coming from, at fault for their second, could have been sent off, moaning at everything. Did ok but not an '8' performance for me.

Mattock -6- Sloppy passing but marked Cadamarteri out the game second half.

Martin 7.5 (some very decent saves, couldnt do owt bout the goals)

Gilbert 4 (was poor, needed to be subbed)

Hobbs 7 (solid at the back, won some crucial headers and got stuck into several tackles)

Morrison 7 (same as hobbs, finished well)

Berner 8 (superb today, nice to see him get a goal aswell)

Oakley 7 (confident, yet made some errors)

King 6.5 (didnt seem quite on it today, slow to balls, not getting up for headers aswell)

Cleverly 6/7 (wasnt confident first half, really changed and worked hard second half though)

Dyer 5 (didnt seem on the ball at all today)

Fryatt 7 (didnt show himself too much today, did alot of running but not up to his usual awesomness)

Howard 8 (got up and worked extreemly well, ref again was against him but he worked through it credit to him, wasnt brilliant with the ball at his feet but did well to hold up the ball and win headers to knock on MOTM)

Subs:

Mattock 7 (had to do a better job than Gilbert and did so)

Gilbert - 7 - Had an average game.

gotta be kidding me! had a shocker!

Martin 6.5 (Couple of goodish saves but seemed to be caught out for their first goal).

Gilbert 4.5 (Worst I've seen him play. No idea what was wrong but he metaphorically didn't turn up and made life doubly difficult for thoise around him until he was replaced and we started improving quite noticeably).

Hobbs 6.5 (Welcome goal and some good defensive work but it was like head tennis for an hour and we might as well not have had midifeld players who could pass).

Morrison 7 (A well-taken goal and some welcome interceptions)

Berner 7.75 (Best game so far. Much-needed equaliser, involved with the first goal and much more besides).

Oakley 7 (Started indifferently but had a great shot blocked on its way into the corner, delivered telling corners and gradually helped us wrest the initiative)

King 6.5 (Lots of involvement and some vital defensive work but a few errors too and a day when the occasional good things he tried didn't come off. Gilbert's strange indifference and too much aerial distribution from the back didn't make things any easier for him, although he looked much better when Cleverley took over at full-back and helped with his poassing and moving).

Cleverly 6.5 (Nothing like as cogged-in with King in the first half but excellent most of the time when he moved to right-back. Once that happened Huddersfield gradually started to lose their edge and gradually City were able to pass the ball more comfortably and take greater command. His versatility and passing ability make him an excellent addition to the squad).

Dyer 5.5 (Only in the game occasionally but another assist, for Fryatt's goal, saved further questions being asked about his continued inclusion. Wouldn't surprise me if Gradel follows Davies' example at Wolves by putting in a transfer request if he keeps being sidelined with Dyer continuing to look so ordinary and so little involved. There was ample opportunity to give Gradel some time on the field especially considering how much he needs some match time).

Fryatt 6.5 (Coolly taken goal to give us the lead for the first time and take his season's tally to 24. Fairly well contained otherwise).

Howard 8.5 Three assists against as fit and positive side as I've seen here this season helped give us what looked an unlikely win for 65 minutes.).

Subs:

Mattock 6.5 (Played a steady part in what was an improving situation for City).

Pearson 7 (We looked disjointed and were second to the ball for the first hour partly because of Huddersfield's fast closing down but also because of our piss-poor passing and moving from the back. The moving of Cleverley to right-back improved matters considerably and our stamina showed towards the end when, at last, we assumed the initiative. Couldn't understand Pearson's failure to give Gradel any match time.).

Martin - 7 (though I think he could've reacted better to the first goal)

Defence was a shambles for 60 minutes, and really struggled with clearing corners and set-pieces, hence the low-ish marks:

Berner - 7.5 (much better in midfield, but when at left back lost pretty much everything in the air against their RM - good assist for the goal and good goal)

Hobbs - 7 (just, improved a lot after we equalised at 2-2)

Morrison - 7 (see above)

Gilbert - 5 (woeful on the ball, righfully subbed)

Oakley - 7.5 (great corners and passing, but doesn't support the defence enough IMO)

King - 6 (back to his disappearing tricks again, badly overrun and outmuscled in the first half and didn't improve much in the second half - struggled without Davies next to him)

Cleverley - 6.5 (poor first half when our midfield was non-existant, improved a lot in the second half at right back)

Dyer - 5.5 (would've been a 5 but for his assist - although I was screaming at him to shoot at the time, and again he showed nothing and has lost all of his confidence - time for Gradel to take his place now)

Fryatt - 6.5 (didn't do much, his passes were often underhit, but he still popped up with a goal and almost assisted Cleverley in the first half so fair play)

Howard - 6.5 (won plenty in the air, but always led with his arm/elbow and he was asking to be booked with all the fouls that he committed, unlucky with his shot that hit the post)

Subs:

Mattock - 7 (solid, good skill at the end)

Dickov - N/A (pointless sub)

Martin -7- Couple of good saves but I'd like to see the first goal again.

Gilbert -5- Awful on the ball and has been since he's came back from injury, not convinced he can play at higher level.

Hobbs- 7- Got better as game went on.

Morrison - As above.

Berner -7- Wasn't great at left back but added some fight to midfield, crucial goal.

Oakley -6- Was poor until last 20 minutes.

Cleverley -6- Started well, then lost all confidence until we went infront and then looked good.

King -6- Worked hard but game passed him by.

Dyer -6- Not good again but good run for Fryatt goal.

Fryatt -6- Hardly any service, scored his only chance.

Howard -6.5- Really don't see where these 8's are coming from, at fault for their second, could have been sent off, moaning at everything. Did ok but not an '8' performance for me.

Mattock -6- Sloppy passing but marked Cadamarteri out the game second half.

And you gave him a 6?! One chance, one goal. That in itself is surely worth at least a 7?!

Martin - 7 (though I think he could've reacted better to the first goal)

Defence was a shambles for 60 minutes, and really struggled with clearing corners and set-pieces, hence the low-ish marks:

Berner - 7.5 (much better in midfield, but when at left back lost pretty much everything in the air against their RM - good assist for the goal and good goal)

Hobbs - 7 (just, improved a lot after we equalised at 2-2)

Morrison - 7 (see above)

Gilbert - 5 (woeful on the ball, righfully subbed)

Oakley - 7.5 (great corners and passing, but doesn't support the defence enough IMO)

King - 6 (back to his disappearing tricks again, badly overrun and outmuscled in the first half and didn't improve much in the second half - struggled without Davies next to him)

Cleverley - 6.5 (poor first half when our midfield was non-existant, improved a lot in the second half at right back)

Dyer - 5.5 (would've been a 5 but for his assist - although I was screaming at him to shoot at the time, and again he showed nothing and has lost all of his confidence - time for Gradel to take his place now)

Fryatt - 6.5 (didn't do much, his passes were often underhit, but he still popped up with a goal and almost assisted Cleverley in the first half so fair play)

Howard - 6.5 (won plenty in the air, but always led with his arm/elbow and he was asking to be booked with all the fouls that he committed, unlucky with his shot that hit the post)

Subs:

Mattock - 7 (solid, good skill at the end)

Dickov - N/A (pointless sub)

Yeah I'd agree with that. Berner made the difference when he was moved into the midfield.

Archived