Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hackneyisblue

People's opinion on Martin

There has been a fair amount of disagreement on this board about our goalies this season.

I have never been a fan of Henderson but mnay have been, especially after saving a couple of penalties last season.

For me, Martin started off slightly nervous and I did think that we should ditch both and get a new goalie in, but I have become more and more impressed with him as games go by.

What do you all think, happy with Martin or glad when Henderson is fit and back in the first team, obviously I will be happy when The Flapper is fit, but I don't want him starting a game for us.

To start with I never felt confident with Martin in goal, and wanted Henderson in.

But now Martin has grown in confidence and is starting to look like a good young keeper, not too good in the air though.

Obviously rather have Fulop. :):whistle:

Neither of them command their 6-yard box let alone the whole penalty area. Henderson worries me away from home in every game he plays - QPR and Southampton (at the turn of last year after Fulop left) both made for depressing viewing. Martin is even worse from what I've seen. We're not put under anywhere near as much pressure this season as we were last season. In short, they're both been largely below-par relative to the team playing in front of them (Henderson mostly in the Championship where we appear to be heading anyway and Martin in this league in my opinion) and we should be looking to buy a quality goalkeeper in the summer. There are a few knocking about who are not first-choice at their clubs and would make for good Championship keepers (Bunn at Blackburn or Lee Camp being two that stick out).

I think that he started off quite average.

But as he has got more games under his belt he has improved in my opinion.

Still has the odd eccentric moment but I think he has got better.

Also think he should have saved the first one on saturday ;)

Wasn't keen on him over the first half of the season, I never and still don't understand why Hendo was dropped during the first half of the season because at time Martin was shocking and I was much more confident with Hendo in goal, Since Hendo has been injured (Talking of which surely he can't be far of coming back?) and the last few games Martin has really impressed me and made me eat my words - I even made a thread praising him after the Yeovil game last week.

Not the greatest nor the worst goalkeeper we've ever seen, but he'll do a decent job for the team. Recently his performances have been much improved, and he looks a far more assured player between the sticks. Must admit I still wince whenever the ball's up in the air for him to catch though...

He's had the square root of **** all to do in recent weeks, but on the whole he looks good enough for where we are at the moment. I don't think I'd trust him between the sticks in the Championship though.

Did well on Sat i thought.

Still think we should have held onto Kalac!!!

Bring back Pressman, but don't play him if the sun is shining!!!

Seriously, I agree with those that say Martin has improved over the past few games, he looks far more confident now & well worth his place IMO.

Does anyone know, who is the goalkeeping coach at City?

Is Mike Stowell still there?

Bring back Pressman, but don't play him if the sun is shining!!!

Seriously, I agree with those that say Martin has improved over the past few games, he looks far more confident now & well worth his place IMO.

Does anyone know, who is the goalkeeping coach at City?

Is Mike Stowell still there?

Yep. GK Coach is still Mike Stowell

Archived