Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jay

Bands you once thought were sh1te

Ok name a band that you once thought were a load of rubbish but have since come to love them

first up for me is......

The Arctic Monkeys

when they first came out I blanked them thought they were just another rubbish band being bummed by the music press, couldn't be bothered with them THEN I got The Last Shadow Puppets album in the middle of last year and thought it was an immense piece of work. The lyrics and the music and the way they work together is just brilliant.

Since then I finally decided to check out The Arctic Monkeys and I think they are excellent great pop songs, great melodies and some witty and well written lyrics.

So Arctic Monkeys accept my apologies I once thought you were sh1te but now you're alright!!!

Hmm, that's one to ponder. Can't think of any off the top of my head - usually gone the other way (in that stuff I liked as a teenager), but there are bands/singers whom I would never buy any of their albums, but I have liked some of their singles... Brittany, Beyonce, MCR, etc.

I'll get back to you on this one.

The Streets.

Seeing the live performance completely changed my opinion.

Likewise.

I used to loathe AFI and In Flames for no particularly reason other than to be competitive with my friend that loved them both in school. I inevitably ended up loving them both.

AFI have gone hugely down hill again though recently.

Kings of Leon.

Hated Because of the Times when it first came out, but as I heard more of their stuff from Aha Shake Heartbreak I grew to like them so much more. Can safely say that they're one of my favourite bands these days (aside from when their stuff is virtually looped on the ****ing radio).

They've gone downhill somewhat in my eyes since all the commercial radio crap, but you just have to listen to some of their older stuff to realise they're actually a very talented band.

Kings of Leon.

Hated Because of the Times when it first came out, but as I heard more of their stuff from Aha Shake Heartbreak I grew to like them so much more. Can safely say that they're one of my favourite bands these days (aside from when their stuff is virtually looped on the ****ing radio).

They've gone downhill somewhat in my eyes since all the commercial radio crap, but you just have to listen to some of their older stuff to realise they're actually a very talented band.

Correct. I'm the other way round though. Loved them up until OBTN.

The Streets.

Seeing the live performance completely changed my opinion.

That's usually the biggest factor for me in changing any opinion I may have held about a particular band.

Pearl Jam's performance at Leeds '06 completely changed my view of them.

But Mars Volta have gone downhill.

I quite liked Bedlam in Goliath, despite all it's criticism. That doesn't change the fact that I couldn't listen to Mars Volta some years ago.

shite -----> alright

jamiroquai

stone roses ( :ph34r: ) in my defence; i was obsessed with the rolling stones at the time and the names were too similar for my liking

stereo mc's

5ive

gnarls berkley

shed seven

in my defence, also, it does take me ages to 'get into' a band/artist

alright -------> shite

the rolling stones ;)

Archived