Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Albums you haven't listened to for ages but then when you do listen to them you wonder why you didn't listen to them for ages

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

You're in for a treat!

Will put it on tommorow when i have more time,love RH albums allways have to listen to them a few time's to fully appreciate them though!(Except The Bends and OK Computer)Which i thought were brilliant from the first time i heard them all the way through.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Still not got round to listening to this yet,the CD has been sat in the rack for years.Still unopened!

CD?

You mean you didn't download it for "as much as you want to pay".

Think I paid £2 with the principle of a) wanting to see if it worked (they were one of the first to try this sort if thing) and b) seeing if it was as good as usual (given they were potentially giving it away). My intent was that if it passed both these criteria, I'd rebuy it at a cost more suiting to buying an album.

It did pass both criteria; I never made up the price difference :whistle:

In fairness though, Radiohead have made a few bob off me over their the years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

CD?

You mean you didn't download it for "as much as you want to pay".

Think I paid £2 with the principle of a) wanting to see if it worked (they were one of the first to try this sort if thing) and b) seeing if it was as good as usual (given they were potentially giving it away). My intent was that if it passed both these criteria, I'd rebuy it at a cost more suiting to buying an album.

It did pass both criteria; I never made up the price difference :whistle:

In fairness though, Radiohead have made a few bob off me over their the years.

No,lost my way with RH "recently" and didn't know you could get it that way!For instance at the moment i'm listening to Burn The Witch,which i'd never heard before!(and also because the video takes me back to my childhood!)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

No,lost my way with RH "recently" and didn't know you could get it that way!For instance at the moment i'm listening to Burn The Witch,which i'd never heard before!(and also because the video takes me back to my childhood!)

It was when it was initially released to be fair, 12 years ago, so I'm guessing if you're a younger fan, you might never have had the opportunity. No idea if it's still available by that medium.

Also the video to Burn The Witch is fantastic!

Edit: Just read your post again, obviously you were of an age to be buying stuff for yourself in 2007, if Burn the Witch takes you back to your childhood. lol

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It was when it was initially released to be fair, 12 years ago, so I'm guessing if you're a younger fan, you might never have had the opportunity. No idea if it's still available by that medium.

Also the video to Burn The Witch is fantastic!

Edit: Just read your post again, obviously you were of an age to be buying stuff for yourself in 2007, if Burn the Witch takes you back to your childhood. lol

yep Camblewick green,chigaley and trumpton!Just lost track with RH for a long time(to be honest i lost track with all music!)what with family,kids,etc!Couldn't tell you many bands in the "charts" at the moment if any!Went to see the Manics at dmh this year.I'm the wrong side of 50 and felt it there!

4 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

yep Camblewick green,chigaley and trumpton!Just lost track with RH for a long time(to be honest i lost track with all music!)what with family,kids,etc!Couldn't tell you many bands in the "charts" at the moment if any!Went to see the Manics at dmh this year.I'm the wrong side of 50 and felt it there!

I'd imagine that Manics are very much a "wrong side of 50" band now (I'm in the same boat, but still gigging). I too lost track of music when I got married, but fell back in after a few years. Chart music has always been largely dross. If you look at the charts currently, very little instrumentation, almost no bands, about 75% latin based music (and I'm not knocking latin based music, I'd be the same if it was 75% rock or jazz or folk). 

There's still plenty of good new music though, you just rarely find it in the charts, but that's been my finding for a loooooooong time now.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

I'm surprised, when I went to see the manics there seemed quite a lot of people who at the very least looked middle aged+...including myself lol, , probably why the atmosphere was so flat.

14 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'd imagine that Manics are very much a "wrong side of 50" band now (I'm in the same boat, but still gigging). I too lost track of music when I got married, but fell back in after a few years. Chart music has always been largely dross. If you look at the charts currently, very little instrumentation, almost no bands, about 75% latin based music (and I'm not knocking latin based music, I'd be the same if it was 75% rock or jazz or folk). 

There's still plenty of good new music though, you just rarely find it in the charts, but that's been my finding for a loooooooong time now.

Exactly people seem to look back at chart music from decades gone by with rose tinted glasses, its pretty much always been mainly rubbish.  I don't dismiss pop songs I'm a sucker for a great pop song and they are still being churned out today, but I agree loads of great music out there, one of the great things about the internet you don't really need to pay attention to the charts anymore.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I'm surprised, when I went to see the manics there seemed quite a lot of people who at the very least looked middle aged+...including myself lol, , probably why the atmosphere was so flat.

Probably phrased that wrong,i was probably a similar age to most of the people at the gig and it was the first one i had been to in a looong time!Mrs want's to go and see the killers and the manics at the ricoh next year....but to be honest with the cost and faffing about i can't be bothered allthough i love both groups music.Must be getting old!

• 3 weeks later...