Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Albums you haven't listened to for ages but then when you do listen to them you wonder why you didn't listen to them for ages

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Saw these supporting Pearl Jam at Hyde Park in 2010. Remember their set being quite good. 

They're cracking, it's a lovely album. 

I've no idea what to call it. I got in to them because they were recommended to me as a punk band similar to Hot Water Music (who are also a bit hard to classify) and the Flatliners. 

It's quite bluesy and I understand the Springsteen comparisons although I'd say they're a bit generous. 

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

71Xbzpxa7uL._SX355_.jpg

:wub:

The '59 Sound is a beautiful album, have to admit I couldn't quite get into them outside of that, though. Might give the rest of their efforts a go.

--------------------------------

Recently gave this another go after getting a reissue and it still ranks as one of my favourites

blob.png.3851c8dff8756b492ecdaa763a2d9a69.png

• Like 1

The_Jam_-_Setting_Sons.jpg

Certainly down the list as far as my fave Jam LP's, but that's probably because there's such a strong back catalogue, because its still a cracker.  Plus i'm going to see from the jam do their setting sons concert tour so thought i'd have a listen.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 4

On 10/11/2019 at 14:43, purpleronnie said:

The_Jam_-_Setting_Sons.jpg

Certainly down the list as far as my fave Jam LP's, but that's probably because there's such a strong back catalogue, because its still a cracker.  Plus i'm going to see from the jam do their setting sons concert tour so thought i'd have a listen.

All Mod Cons is a superb album all the way through but I think Setting Sons is my favourite Jam album.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Fox92 said:

All Mod Cons is a superb album all the way through but I think Setting Sons is my favourite Jam album.

Agree entirely. Brilliant piece of work which should have remained a concept album as originally intended. Love the orchestration revamp of Foxton's 'Smithers-Jones'.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah its certainly better than I remember it, but my fave changes from all mod cons to sound affects and back again.  Never really liked the first 2 jam LP's apart from the odd track.

Edited by purpleronnie